A SCATMAX tries the Mercy (yup)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Laraso

When it comes to infantry, there is little difference between the NC and VS. As I already stated, the NC MAX vs MAX balance was terrible pre-nerf.

I'm not acting like it's better than the pre-nerf scatmax. All I hear from the TR and VS is how worthless their MAX is and how the NC MAX outperforms them 24/7 ect. ect., so I decided to try one for myself and see just how bad it really was. It turns out it wasn't bad at all and in fact it was absolutely fantastic. Most of the stuff you guys complain about (which I already went into detail about in my original post) was just simply not true, which left me very confused over what you guys are really complaining about.
    • Up x 5
  2. NoctD

The MAX unit is an absolute abomination in this game. All factions. They do so well compared to other stuff, and all you do is spam fire at infantry or air with them.

They should all be given huge nerfs - but instead SOE is developing new weapons that will make these even more of an abomination and blight on all other infantry and air. And they might soon do the same to ground vehicles as well.
  3. Laraso

It's actually the same for all factions. I look up some high BR players and they have a lot of time in their MAX, then I look up other high BR players who've practically never used the MAX at all.

Regardless, time spent =/= evidence of game balance. That's a very distorted way of determining what's overpowered and what's not, and has no real bearing on the actual balance.

NC does have more MAX users than other factions, but a lot of that can be attributed to all the hype built around it, and similarly the lower amount of MAX players on TR and VS can be attributed to all the people criticizing it. What you say really does affect the behavior of others.
    • Up x 3
  4. PurpleOtter

Time will tell and I made the observation you did and came to the same conclusion. Although with the showcasing of the new NS cross faction grenade launcher for MAX's on FNO, I think we will have a new whipping boy for the forums in short order. The faction specific rocket launchers for MAX's will also get a balance pass as well following a "Forum Firestorm"
    • Up x 1
  5. Devrailis

Even the HAXMAX takes a lot of certs to really get going. It's far more accessible to simply buy a 1k cert gun and some suit certs.

All in all, I've sunk about 8.8k certs into my MAX. Though, by this point, its more than made up for the certage I've spent on it.
  6. Eclipson

I have never complained that our Maxs weren't good, barbecue they are, but the NC max was just ridiculous. It could OHK players, and kill another Max unit in a little over a second. Whats even the purpose of this post?
    • Up x 1
  7. Zaik

pretty much

most of the anti-scattercannons argument is more or less "yeah...but...this one time...a scatmax charged me and instakilled my max which immediately got ressed and his was of course lost, plz nerf soe".

i don't care though, i hate them too. hopefully we have a real longer range option incoming w/ gu7 other than the lottery slugs, im sure it will somehow be incredibly op and must be nerfed immediately because this one time it kills somebody too.
  8. warmachine1

clipsize has to go back, as all other MAXes can kill MAX without reload, NC cant
    • Up x 1
  9. Zenanii

For the longest time the NC max have been superior to the VS and TR max. When people complained about it on the forums it has always been meet by the NC with "It's only close range, L2counter". Do not expect sympathy, or any kind or rational discussion for that matter, while that is still fresh in this community's mind.
    • Up x 2
  10. Goretzu

Currently it is more:

"It's only ALL ranges, L2counter" o_O
  11. MaxDamage

Good NC MAX users were getting over 100 killstreaks, particularly in biolabs, but nevertheless far higher than your little Mercy test.

Actually good players can have with an LMG far longer streaks than your Mercy test. Mercy MAX is where it needs to be. NC MAX was a joke of an OP XP machine. Players knew it, devs know it.

None of your post referenced the significant buffs to slug ammo which applies to NC MAXes. This is the greatest flaw in your attempt at an argument. NC MAXes weren't "nerfed", they were balanced and now have formidability at range.

You really should learn your own class before you come out with these uneducated ******** blatherings.

• Up x 2
  12. Spartan 117

Great post OP. Just proved what we have all been saying for months. Good thing NC MAX was nerfed, it was leading by 8.5%. Lets ignore the fact that the NC is in last place in every other category. MBT 20% less effective then Magrider/Prowler, ESF lags behind by about 10%, NC small arms 3-5%. "Balanced!"
    • Up x 2
  13. Zenanii

MBT is worse, let's buff the max? o_O
    • Up x 1
  14. drNovikov

TR and VS professional whiners have cried a nerf upon our MAX. We liberated all three continents. Now those miserable despicable whiners have to figure out some other reason why they suck. Probably, they will whine and demand to nerf our Mag-cutter knives.
    • Up x 1
  15. drNovikov

Not enough! TR and VS pro-whiners now cry about SAW.
  16. Pikachu

:mad:
    • Up x 1
  17. notyourbuddy

TR and VS hate freedom so they had our perfectly balanced MAX nerfed. Bad players who hate freedom ruin planetside again.
  18. GhostAvatar

Only thing I got to say is try this experiment when the MAX update comes. At the moment you are comparing two uncomplete units against each other, when the update is just around the corner. I have a feeling they over nerfed the scatmax at this point to see how it performs prior to giving it shields. That way they should be able to effectively balance with the new max abilities.
    • Up x 3
  19. Odin

Just hoping nc can get a mery type weapon at some point and tr can get scattercannons, even if they are not as good. I hate shotguns and want some range, im sure instagibbing inf at 8m or under is annoying to them and shooting puffballs at 20 metres is annoying to me. I want some versatility.
    Tr max is just fun, tried it out and was really happy with it.
    • Up x 3
  20. Laraso

You should learn to quote.
    • Up x 3