A SCATMAX tries the Mercy (yup)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jachim

The NC Max is good in most close quarters battle areas. Biolabs, Amp stations inside, Tech plants inside.. try getting past a bunch of NC maxes defending the SCU, or assaulting it for that matter. Haha.
  2. Gorion

C4 ftw!!
  3. gualty

GG to the OP that made this mess just to post a " I'm UBERRRRR!!" video.
    All i see is another "Magic moments when you get the Noob wave" video, and it reminds me when i scored 20+ kills with a basic sniper rifle while defending the crown.
    Me uber? Nah..just got my "noob wave", as everyone.
  4. Antich

Here is a though, go repair SCU shields. It´s always the same argument... ´"Try getting past NC MAX defending <insert location here>". You don´t have to get pass them except in a few cases(biolab is not one of them because of multiple objectives) like tech plants. And guess what, both the point and SCU in a tech plant still has points from which you can attack from outside NC MAX range.
    Try getting past a bunch of TR maxes defending the SCU. Same result, you can´t... their ttk might be 0.5 compared to 0 BUT they are more then 1, in the end is instant death for you. And while NC MAX have to wait for you to charge(2 sec ammo 4 sec reload) TR MAX can shoot at the damn door 24/7(8 sec ammo 3 sec reload)
  5. Goretzu

Combined and supported MAXs are a PITA, of all factions.
  6. CaptAmazing

You position the NC MAXes at the SCU shield generator - one half at the door to the SCU and a few at the back doors. You can't C4 them because you can't poke your head in the doorway without being OHK. If you try to MAX-chrash it, well we all now how swift NC MAXes kill other MAXes at this range.

If VS/TR MAXes guard the the SCU generator - NC MAXes charge in and while a few will die the rest kill the enemy VS/TR MAXes in 1vs1 in one second - literally.

On don't come with: Use conc./flash grenades - the enemy got that too. Easy trick - enemy throws in flashbang? Wait one second and throw your own, the enemies rushin in will be blinded too . If everybody sees normal, they will look straight into the 6 barrels of one NC-MAX in CQC range.

You HAVE to fight NC MAXes in Biolabs/Tech plants in their optimal range. If they defend the rooms are perfect for then - if they attack they let one MAX eat the claymores/C4 and the rest uses the charge ability.

Don't get me wrong - I think the TR MAX is great, but the NC always trying to tell us, that its a l2p issue against good NC MAXes inside buildings it annoying. The NC MAX can force the enemy to come to him (if he is defending or attacking points/generator) where his optimal range is for destroying infanterie and enemy MAXes
  7. Deathcapt

here's the thing with that statistic. with a Scatter MAX, you spawn, You get into the enemy's face, you charge into enemies, blast down a couple enemies, Maybe you live, maybe you don't, chances are you're in the middle of a nest of enemies and you die. So in 2 minutes you get 5 or 6 kills, then die. With the other factions, you have more of a support role, where you're advancing slowing in the middle of your infantry. The Scat MAX is a battering ram, and always goes face first into death. So the SPH on scat MAXes is High, but the average lifespan is low.

All you guys have to do is go to the VR range, choose your favorite OP NC scatter variant, and sit at the firing range. You'll see that the TTK at anything but point blank is terrible. Then go back to your dual Cosmos or Mercies, and try to same shooting ranges.
  8. Goretzu

That's rather a fallacy:

Shows that the orginal 0-8m that NC MAXs out-DPS TR and VS MAXs wasn't that far (~50% of that view distance in the video), never mind the 0-5m that they outDPS now.
  9. Laraso

The VR would give a very inaccurate representation of how the VS MAX actually plays out in the game. I'd have to actually fight real people.

As I've already responded to these types of posts many times, I'm just going to quote myself.

10. Obscura

VS MAX:Effective at nothing is more like it.

Every single reply in this thread is ignoring the fact that VS maxes lack in all departments. Though if we had any kind of buff, I can just imagine the tears coming from NC and TR.
  11. VexTheRaven

What amount of forethought is going to counter him running around a corner? If I go near that corner he'll just run the other way.

Giving MAXes a long-range, high-speed dash is a poor design, period. It leaves maxes with only one counter: Sheer firepower.
  12. Goretzu

VS AV is nasty (especially for AI) VS AI is pretty much on par with TR.
  13. hansgrosse

Actually... has SOE figured out what they're giving the VS MAX as a unique ability yet? There's an idea; take away the MAX dash and make it certable by VS only as their faction special.

NC MAX- Overshield

TR MAX- Lockdown Mode

VS MAX- Dash
  14. Shoza Nakh

As NC MAX user I really want machineguns as option for my big good robot. And I wish TR and VS have scattercannon analog, it will be just fair.

This lolnerf did nothing good, because it don't balanced MAX to MAX encounters, I still can instantly destroy TR or VS MAX just need to be in 5 meters range now, not 10 m as before. In other hand this patch made NC MAX useless on distances above 15 meters, really, AI MAX can empty magazines on both hands and don't kill single trooper on 20m distance.

P.S. And yes, 20 meters from target bursters is much better now. :)
    • Up x 4
  15. Obscura

LOL, "Yeah your guys max is **** except for that AV, it's even good at AI"
    That statement right there lets me know you don't play VS. Why would anyone waste 90 infantry resources to fill a role that a heavy+engi with an annihilator, hades, or lancer could do 10x better. AV max is also rarely used by good outfits because of the bursters usefulness, and the HA's versatility.

Except it's not, the mercies alone have better stats, and that is what every TR max uses. The mercies just have a better cone of fire period, you guys can actually hit targets at range while our CoF is so damn terrible that they need to be literally 10 feet in front of an enemy to land most of your shots. All the VS is asking for is for AI weapons to be on par with NC and TRs, at the very least buff our mercy equivalent blueshift which is NOT accurate as it's intended to be.

But even a small request like this would probably make TR and NC's heads explode.
  16. Keiichi25

The VR room is not the best place to judge any weapon because players will have Nanoweave and would be moving around. Heavy Assaults would also be putting up their shield at times or not... And it also ignores a situation of movement and the fact you are being SHOT AT which affects how you would fire at a target.

Also Spreadsheet argument of any weapon system dramatically fails in a live fire situation because you never adjust the statistics to take into account how players react under a situation, which affects accuracy, and DPS/TTK numbers.
  17. Goretzu

The AV is nice because of direct fire, the others don't have this, it makes them very effective (especially at long range AI - AV is best for that for all factions).

AI weaponswise TR and VS come out pretty much the same DPSwise, the VS CoF is slightly bigger, but mag size and damage per bullet even this out.
  18. Shoza Nakh

I can't understand VS tears about under-performing MAX. Every day I have 48 free certs on my VS and TR characters and just spent this to buy second M1 Heavy Cycler and Quasar just to avoid VR perfect conditions and make some "real combat" testing. And now, after some testing, I want Quasar analog on my NC MAX, because it can take 5-6 enemies down without reload on 20-30 meters distance, staying far away from LA's C4 and HA rockets. VS MAX AV weapon just crazy in comparison to NS and TR ones, since it have no bullet drop, it possible to snipe enemy vehicles at 300 meters without any problems at all.

About TR one, hmmm, yesterday I killed NC HA from 80 meters with ONE M1 Heavy Cycler. Just shoot some short volleys and killed guy from distance far beyond possible to any NC MAX weapon. If Mercy guns performing better than M1 it must be just crazy efficient against soft targets on mid range.
  19. Kristan

Laraso, please make a vid of your Mercy MAX in CQC like tower or Biolab. And against NC. Then we will talk. ;)