Thanks for Ruining NC max and making it unplayable

Discussion in 'MAX' started by MisterBond, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Xasapis

The idea is not to nerf something into oblivion in a vindictive way due to prior adjustments in other areas (even if those adjustments were proven to be unnecessary and were reverted later on). The idea is to bring every max in line with each other and every CQC weapon in line with each other. Prior to this patch we had a very dominant max and a very dominant CQC weapon. It's still too early to tell what the actual effect of the changes will be.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tilen

All that's been done is nerfing. Everything has been nerfed. What results would you expect?
  3. Taiji

I really wanted SOE to do the work and give all factions shotguns for MAX, as well as provide NC with MGs for a decent medium range option.

Really disapppointed they didn't listen.

They shafted us all with this, in my opinion, but it's fine that the NC got shafted hardest.

Since they exploited the ****** up balance just about every time the opportunity presented itself.
  4. gigastar

I never said anything about the Magrider not needing the nerf, i said take it like a man instead of taking to the forums and posting things like that load of drivel.

Also the servers arent even back up yet, wheres your actual gameplay footage of getting outdamaged by a dual Mercy or Cosmos MAX at point blank range?
  5. Haya jii san

Even as VS, I like this guy ;)
    Cheers man, although don't tell me you haven't seen this coming for NC MAXes & / shotguns in general.
  6. rumblepit

7. Springheel Jack

It's such a shame when one bad in a MAX and an Engineer can't camp the doorway outside a Bio Lab teleporter scrubbing endless kills without having to reload more often.

If must be JUST AWFUL.

Not that I mind it all that much, I tend to get a 6 MAX per C-4 ratio, but it means more than lolcamping might happen in a Bio Lab now.

One can hope, anyway.
  8. Kon

i have used multiple types of scat cannons, it has nothing to do with my skill im saying it would be better for balance and for the game if NC has LMG style AI max arms just like the other 2 factions, it would be easier to belance and everyone would be in the same boat
  9. Purg

I still envisage it'll melt people up close and people are still going to rush to the forums and complain about OP ScatMAX. I slug mine so my nerfs will probably be barely noticeable. I lose 4 shots per reload, meh. Having too much fun with the Phoenix to actually care right now.. :p
  10. Tilen

It's certainly not that bland. 4 people rush instead of one-by-one, and any max is dead. But yeah... better nerf the only thing the NC is supposed to be good at. Whatever man, this is the first and a humongous disappointment to me.
  11. Springheel Jack

I guess I missed it in the patch notes or bio pages for the empires that NC was supposed to be kings of skilless camping.

Just because it's the way it's been, doesn't mean it's how it's supposed to be.
  12. Xasapis

This is certainly not the only thing the NC are good at, otherwise their population would not boom the way it did. It was certainly something that stood out, that I can agree with.
  13. Laraso

It hasn't. The TR can and have done the same exact thing in bio labs with their MAX. I see it all the time.

I'd like to see the TR MAX and VS MAX weaponry nerfed now. I feel that the NC MAX has become inferior with this update.
    • Up x 1
  14. MisterBond

• Up x 3
  15. MurderBunneh

According the the stats culled from the server it is as a matter of fact the only thing we are good at.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tilen

Have a look at the lore. The NC weapons are low-tech and hit hard up close (that is, biggest firepower for close combat) in exchange for higher reload time, bigger recoil etc. The Vanu and TR both have their traits as well. I've never even said anything is OP. I like the fact that I can't do **** vs any other MAX in anything other than very close combat. That's what makes the NC MAX feel special when played properly.

But alas SOE have to adhere to their customers and those, I believe, are predominately young and inexperienced.
  17. Springheel Jack

Yes, hopefully the devs are well aware of the scourge plaguing PS2 that is VS Max instagibbing everything they lay eyes on.
  18. PS2Freak

19. Springheel Jack

There's a line between performing well in certain situations, and endless instagibbing.
  20. MisterBond

Having fired rifles and shotguns IRL, the ones in this game didn't bother me in any way

Frankly I was amazed the semi-auto's were not one shot killing considering the damage I've done to a deer with buckshot at 40m