Nerf NC MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Tekuila

That applies to any gun in the game, what's your point?
  2. DramaticExit

... I've hardly left Esamir in two weeks and don't go near the crown on the rare occasions I'm on Indar.
  3. JonboyX

My max gets chewed pretty quickly by a couple of TR machine guns, and I'm on level 4 anti-light arms armour (which admittedly is only 10% mitigation). Doesn't take teamwork, it just takes more than one player at a range of more than 20 metres :/

The funny thing is that the whole scattermax thing has been going on since 2003 when it was considered OP. It is the best solo max I think, then and now, I'll concede that. And actually... one of the maxes has to be best in solo mode - why not NC?

In PS1 though the other maxes seemed to work: jumpjets made the VS max great at base/tower captures and gen room holds. The TR maxes on their own weren't quite as deadly as the NC ones, but they stacked amazingly well. Put two or three of these badboys side by side with some light spam behind them, and you were never taking the stairs/corridor short of a coordinated max crash. Two/three NC maxes waste a high percentage of their ammo shooting at the same target and can't maintain the wall of lead of the TR ones.

The thing I would like to see tested is exactly how two or three TR maxes side by side perform in PS2. I can honestly say in the 6 months I've been playing PS2 that I've never seen two or three TR maxes working side by side... I just see them ambling around bases in skirmish mode. I'm not saying that would make them balanced... I'm just saying I don't think I've seen them used to their potential yet.
  4. Goretzu

Er..... no a gun doing 0m Shotgun damage at any range is infinately worse than a tank with two barrels doing double the DPS of a tank with one.

It is utterly the most insane thing I've ever heard, and I saw the Lasher 2.0 in action. :eek:

Utterly wrong I'm afraid.

The CoF on AI TR and VS MAXs is already massively reduced compared to a hipfired LMG.

The CoF on AI NC MAXs however is bigger than standard shotguns when hipfire.

So I guess you can accept that a shotgun is a shotgun and a LMG is a LMG and MAXs are different then. :)

(shotguns are supposed to be an NC trait, just for some reason in PS2 they've brough in so many of them for everyone - and ironically [and inexplicably] ALL of them are much better than the Jackhammer :confused: ).
    • Up x 1
  5. Marked4Death

TR & VS max COFs are indeed comparable to LMG's with a laser. Overall the guns are probably closer to AR's (uncerted) than LMG's. But the point still stands, hipfired AR with no laser vs shotgun?

Also scat cannons and mattocks have the same COF as ever other shotgun.

You are more incorrect than I.
  6. Goretzu

Yup Scat and Mattock are the same, so given that they have the same CoF and TR and VS weapons have massively reduced CoF you should be willing to accept that NC AI weapon are doing what they supposed to do and are only situationally better.

It is nice we can agree on this. :)
  7. Marked4Death

Fail troll has failed.
  8. Goretzu

If you can't agree with yourself, then you can't agree with anyone. :)
  9. TheHalo1Pistol

Maybe the TR and VS AI MAX weapons are just not good enough. The nebula and its TR equivalent aren't as good as they are supposed to be. on top of this, MAX suits are just not tanky enough: one guy with a shotgun can often kill VS max suits (haven't seen TR MAX enough to prove or disprove this for them), and this shouldn't happen. They don't need to necessarily be harder to kill at the base, but for ***** sake, GIVE THEM MORE HEALTH UPGRADES!
  10. Ganelon

Shotguns kill a TR MAX without too much effort.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheHalo1Pistol

and there we have it. BUFF MAX HEALTH. They are just as squishy and less useful than a heavy assault.
  12. Laraso

The point is that in your video, you're trying to prove how easy it is to hit with slugs at that range. Of course it is easy to hit! The target isn't moving at all! But even though they were not moving, you still missed half of the shots. If that target was moving, you would have missed even more, especially with the slow bullet velocity of slugs.
  13. Czuuk

If you know your strengths and your enemies weakness you will have no need to cry nerf.
  14. Czuuk

So you're saying that NC has the best MAX for guys who don't like to take orders from other folks? Fancy that.
  15. Molotov

So we ask for the most unbalanced aspect of this game since beta to be made more equal and this is "utterly insane" to you? Lol.

You have an NC max with two shotguns and it does 200% shotgun damage combined. Compare that to a VS or TR max with an LMG on each arm and it's damage is 60-70%. Add in the horrible COF associated with that reduced damage and we will call it "balanced".

Going back to my previous mention of tanks, Prowler did 200% damage per reloard at one point and that was deemed to be "unbalanced" and double nerfed.
  16. hostilechild

They nerfed NC max by a little in beta and it was useless everywhere and it wasn't that big a nerf.

So its obvious that MAX is balanced according to the Devs or they would have at least mentioned something by now.
    With 10million whines on the boards i think they get the point by now and don't see it as an issue.

NC max is not all that. Yes it owns for 1 second then dies to an organized group during its 4sec reload. Don't be the first to charge, let the marine cannon fodder in then send in the real troops :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

Shotguns having shotgun DPS at 0m is one thing (as their DPS drops off strongly).

A weapon having shotgun 0m DPS at 20m is something else entirely - in fact it was nerfing its damage drop-off along with other buffs that helped create the utter MONSTER that was the Lasher 2.0 in PS1.

As things stand TR and VS weapons do more DPS from 8m onwards, so again I ask at what point would you say the NC AI weapons be "allowed" to out-DPS the other weapons if not 0-8m:

0-5m?
    0-1m?
    Never?
  18. Goretzu

This is the major issue, it is nearly impossible to "nerf" the NC AI weapons without making them functional useless, certainly any nerf that made a real different would do so.

Shotguns are shotguns, if they don't reign in DPS from 0-8m then they are pretty pointless weapons.

So it always comes back to either accepting shotguns will be shotguns or changing all AI MAX weapons to be exactly the same.
  19. CrazyGoNuts

As anyone who has played any non-NC maxes knows, they all suck past 10 meters anyways, so saying that the NC one can only 1 shot everything in 10 meters is idiocy.
  20. JonboyX

I am?