Nerf NC MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Lancener

I don't really care which max effectively kills the other one at what range. I think a max should be able to take out an infantry one on one. I don't think a max should be able to kill infantry before the infantry even knows they're close.

Saying they're only useful in close quarters is like saying a knife is only useful in close quarters, all (stabby) knives are, a max isn't worth using in long range fights, usually won't even see them outside unless it's a small base.

The problem isn't DPS because it will equal out with reloading so often, the problem is damage per shot. Reducing that makes the NC max too weak though, a problem solved by adding more rounds to keep equal damage per reload, with less damage per shot.

My idea for a solution is give the NC max more ammo, take away damage from each shot. More shots, less damage per shots, same damage per magazine.
  2. Laraso

The point is, unless you upgrade your ammo capacity, you have a 7 round magazine. 9 if you use grinders, and 14 if you use grinders + extended magazines.

There really isn't enough room in the clip to actually sustain fire at that distance.
  3. Streetfighter

Hackmax + pressing F + left mouse button - right mouse button = sure kill with pure skill

Get that cqc monster in line.
  4. Tekuila

So upgrade your mags? I do fine with non upgraded hacksaw slugs, would be even easier with extended mags. Basically the point is that you are fine at range you just choose not to use the tools given to you. And again it barely effects killing power at close range.
  5. Cyanide

I don't care either way about the Scat Max, I'm just saying there are always going to be people who come on here and whine just because they died to it. If there are enough of them, they eventually get listened to unfortunately.
    • Up x 1
  6. Morticai

They already have listened. We'll be getting common pool flamethrowers with comparable TTK, unfortunately this also means that no nerfs will be dealt.
  7. Goretzu

How? Look at how ineffective the supposed "long-range" Jackhammer is.

Slugs work very with with scopes, but aren't 1/10 as effective with hipfire (which is what MAXs do).

All shotguns kill in 1 to 2 hits at this range, Pump-Actions even kill much faster than Hacksaws at this range.

So again, at what range should NC AI MAX be "allowed" to out-DPS TR/VS MAXs if not 8m?

5m?
    1m?
    Never?

1 clip to kill an infantry at 8-16m? Followed by a 4 second reload? Are you insane? o_O

That isn't just "less effective" than the TR and VS MAXs that is about 1/10th their power at that range.:eek:

This is already the case.

No, from what you've just said you basically just want NC AI MAXs ineffective at ALL ranges.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

The thing is if you're going down that route, instead of trying to balance a shotgun vs a LMG (which is impossible), you may as well just change the NC AI weapons to Gauss weapons and just make them the same as the TR and VS AI weapons.

Otherwise you end up with the Jackhammer, useless at shotgun range and useless beyond that.
  9. Molotov

Since you're not willing to listen to anything logical and ignore my answer to your direct question (NC Max should out DPS within 8 meters but not as effective as it is now) multiple times, let me suggest things are balanced a different way.

Seeing how the NC max does 200% shotgun damage, the TR and VS Maxes should also do the complete 200% damage of their respective weapons.

End of discussion, you don't need to reply and repeat the same questions over and over again and claim that what is the most abused thing in the game is perfectly balanced the way it is.
  10. Morticai

Actually, MAX shotguns don't deliver the same damage as a pump-action (or even the semi-auto) shotgun in their respective ranges. Up the ante with missed shots and you're looking at three shots to kill a target near point-blank.

I only know this because I've been on the receiving end enough to know it. Three blasts, that's about four to eight men to send in before I follow with C4, or a flashbang. By that time the suit's stranded in reload time long enough for me to plant some C4/pop in a flash and finish what the MAX couldn't.
    • Up x 1
  11. Molotov

Wow, it takes 3 whole bullets to down an infantry which compensates for shots missed. Remind me how many miliseconds that is again.

So you have to send in 8 decoys which will get mowed down only to have a chance at killing an NC max? What happens when there are 2 Maxes? What about 3 Maxes? You know, because I've only ever seen one Scatmax in a Biolab at one time. What happens when that first Max has a pocket engineer who has been repairing him the whole time and now you just got instakilled trying to get out the door?
  12. Morticai

If you've got the enemy organization, decoys work as a good backup plan, albeit an expensive one. Unfortunately, I've found that the same applies to other MAX suits as well. It works all around.

Anyway, if you've got more than one, then your best bet is a good flashbang and redirection of your decoys. Turn them into a rush after a proper bang-and-clear, and you'll have the enemy down with maybe a couple of casualties (keep your medic at the back.)
  13. FlayvorOfEvil

You assume the NC Max has perfect accuracy and only spends 3 shots where all pellets hit to kill infantry. Normally Maxs spend around 6 shots to kill an infantry target. 3 bursts from each arm.

Now if we assume that the TR Max has perfect accuracy and only takes 8 shots to take down a target, that's 4 bullets per arm which takes less than half a second. The TR Onslaught has 150 ammo per arm. How many people can you kill? 37 without reloading.
    • Up x 2
  14. Molotov

If only the TR Max was anywhere close to being that accurate then things might be a little bit more balanced.
  15. FlayvorOfEvil

And are you suggesting shotguns are any more accurate?

At the firing range, the TR Max can take out the farthest enemy in 3 seconds. The NC Max could barely hit it.

The TR Chainguns are pretty accurate within the first 10 or so shots, then it starts to bloom. Even so it's far more accurate than a shotgun. Plus with headshots, the TR max can kill in a lot less than half a second.
  16. Ganelon

And I could kill the furthest target in less than a second with Hacksaws and Scattercannons at the target range as well.
  17. StormStrafe

Two active threads at the same time by the same OP about the same topic. Hah.
  18. Morticai

If it's the person that I think it is, he's been warned by moderators and administrators about this tendency. Could be somebody else though...
  19. FlayvorOfEvil

That is clearly a lie.
  20. Ganelon

Except it's not.