FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. sidedraft

3770k @ 4.6ghz, gtx680, etc. My minimum framerate is sometimes ~15fps which is totally unacceptable. I can run bf3 in a 64 player server WHILE STREAMING on the same machine and still get 110-120fps.

I know the two games are different animals, but the average new player who tries the game out for the first time doesn't know that and likely doesn't give a ****. If their performance is poor they wont come back to the game.

This game needs some big optimization and fast before people stop playing en masse.
  2. kazumi

I don't think the population will hold much longer myself. We've been suffering for months, and honestly I'm very proud the community has held it together this long! But GU4 really was a slap in the face to many members of the community.
  3. Dog.

Stopped the game like 2 Month ago, came back 3 days ago.

It's like I didn't came back at the right moment, fps drop is just annoying enough to makes me stop playing after 10minutes, add to that the fact that the servers seems laggy (can't replenish ammo when landing my esf on platform, and repair seems to be so delayed that I need to spend close to 1+ minute to repair 50% of my esf)

I dropped money on that game too and I must say I'm disappointed by the evolution of the game, I can accept the vehicules/weapons nerf and buff (as it's part of the game) but when it comes to optimization, having worst perfomance than what it was on beta/release, that's not something a customer should be patient about.

And I'm not playing PS2 to learn the developper job, tweaking .ini and dealing with my CPU core parking etc...
    It's not like it's our duty to makes our computer works with PS2 but more like it's their duty to make PS2 works with our computer.
    My setting were working pre GU4 I don't see any reason to tweak it now to make it works with a failed update, only reasonable step would be to correct that failed update. (better than a quick hotfix ; wich doesn't seems to works; a rollback to GU3 would have been more adapted)

We're not in a hurry to see GU4 if it comes with such a big FPS problem, so putting back GU3 while delaying and testing GU4 would have been the simple solution if they really care about what players want.
    • Up x 1
  4. maxkeiser

Bump.

Frame rates are still appalling after GU4. Were totally fine before. GU4 broke/changed something.

Edit - should add - I'm a pretty hardcore player but am getting tempted to just stop playing completely.

Please fix this.
  5. kazumi

"Higby! Listen, we have a HUGE problem..HIGBY!"
    [IMG]

Think the staff are trying to make him listen..It's not working so well.
  6. maxkeiser

Mine says 'CPU' bound as well - which is odd since I've got a hugely overclocked i.7 2.7 running at 4.7ghz.
  7. kazumi

I've got my i5 2500k at 4.8ghz as well. Which, since this game does not use any HT gives us nearly the same performance. And I'm in the single digit FPS bracket today as well
  8. Delain81

Allright, thx.
    I tried it as well, unparked them all, but doesn't really change something (sadly).
  9. maxkeiser

I really don't understand how a patch could do this.
  10. Roxputin

You are getting slide show with that rig?

I am not quite slide show but my fps drops to the 30s with a similar rig. I run at 2560×1600 @ high/ultra. It seems to be a netcode or CPU optimization problem. My 580s barely get to 70% usage. You have 680s, that frightens me that you are struggling
  11. kazumi

Likewise, My GPU's had like 60% useage, CPU was at about 70% and I was CPU bound with single digit FPS. Was running decent before GU4 and the hotfix. Atleast then I was able to stay near/around 60FPS. But now, It's a live action slide show.
  12. PS2Freak

i just so sad, how its all got with Planetside2... i used to uberlove this game, play this everyday, invested round 80€.. and now i fill calm about it, i just dont enjoy this anymore, 20 fps in Millers NC warpgate....... every GU it get worser and worser for me.. best was in 01/2013 with bout 60 fps (with some little editing in .ini, and mostly all of it on ultra). Since GU3 it was already got lagy for me, but Gu4+fix just...... killed my love.. and no money for you SOE until i get great 60 fps in busy biolab fight.

maybe reduce players per map, tweak renderdistance back. it cant go on like this.

it is DOUBLE XP weekend and i DONT PLAY .
  13. Plasmaszap

• Up x 1
  14. kazumi

I realize your trying to be the hero to save the day. But I'm pretty sure alot of us have, and I'm not logging back into the game to submit a ticket everytime I get low FPS..Cause I'd never play. So I sent my one, and now I'm just gonna bump the threads.
  15. OldMaster80

Agreed. No way I'll spend more money on PS2 as long as performance are so disappointing. I'm sick of reading bu****it about optimization: I want a decent frame rate.
    This time they screwed the game really, half of my outfit is not playing since GU04 went online because of bugs and low frame rate. Many just downloaded other games and play something else like Left 4 Dead 2 and Blacklight Retribution until SOE fix this mess.

But i'm still worried about next patches.
  16. Plasmaszap

Hey kazumi,

the main point is simply to inform everyone that the most efficient way to fix the actual issue is directly ingame and not on the forum. That way poeple can directly write there exact problem and devs will get the ticket whereas a post on the forum will probably get forgoten.

It is not necessary to post a ticket each time you get fps issue but you should at least do it once.

I am happy to see you did it yourself.

The more poeple knows about ingame bug report option, the quicker the performance issue will get on top of the dev list instead of news content. It's great to add content, but at the rate fps issue are growing, SOE will lose followers and in the long run money.

Its double XP weekend and i dont enjoy playing in a massive lagging cluster*fu¢k. So i just dont log in ATM. Planetside 2 has a HUGE potentiel. SOE need to adresse serious issue before focusing on fluffyness.

Cheer bro
  17. PS2Freak

submitted ingame bug report.
  18. Blue4tw

Not true, Twitter seems to be the best way ...
  19. Plasmaszap

Great job. I hope every one will !
  20. PS2Freak

Twitter is for Sissies :rolleyes: