State of GU04 Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormStrafe

Oh, it's a shottie? Thanks, I didn't realize that; I thought I was carrying around a wet noodle.

And who said anything about carrying 400 shotgun shells? The point I'm making is that a Light Assault of any faction can carry 12 more shells with a shotgun than a Heavy Assault can with the Jackhammer.

The real rub is that the in-game description (yes, we all know descriptions are terrible in this game) of the Jackhammer lauds its "sustained fire capabilities."

Since when is 36 shells for a Heavy Assault "sustained fire"?
  2. Eclipson

Yea, the Jackhammer is really bad. I trialed it today on my NC alt because I thought it could be fun. My nighthawk is better than this thing. It definatly needs waaaaaaaayyyy more ammo. You could get more out of using a normal shotgun that you can get a scope and slugs on. Love sniping people with my pump action with slugs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dingus148

Sustained fire refers to the amount of time between mag changes (stoppages, in the lingo). Not the total time the ammo will keep the gat full of gun juice.

For example; an M249 is capable of sustained fire. Comparatively, an M4 is not. Doesn't matter if the 249 only has a 200 round belt; the fact is he can shoot until it's all gone (unless his weapon jams). The M4 user can carry 60 mags and still not be capable of the same sustained fire, even though his ammo will last longer if firing at the same rate.
  4. StormStrafe

Let's just assume I don't know anything about sustained fire and this isn't a picture of me in Baghdad:

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. NietCheese

As TR I have gone on 15+ kill streaks with a Carv and still had ammo left over.

As NC I have gone on a 6 kill streak with a shotgun + slugs and had zero shotgun ammo left.

Something wrong there...
    • Up x 2
  6. Dingus148

Well then, why ask the question? You know about the employment of machine guns, how could you not extrapolate? Don't blame me for trying to explain a layman question like a layman would need it explained.
    • Up x 1
  7. Sedisp

Because militaries don't use multiple men to lay down suppressing fire and just rely on one guys m4!
  8. StormStrafe

Because I was trying to make a point about the Jackhammer's lack of ammunition. To be honest.
  9. TheBloodEagle

Lame comparison. You can 1/2 shot kill with a shotgun. Also, more people have a 6 killstreak with a shotgun than a TR getting 15+killstreak. 15+ killstreaks are seriously not the norm. Super exaggerated to think so. In their actual roles, the person with the shotgun on average will get a much better K : D ratio.
  10. Dingus148

Doesn't change the fact that, compared to other shotguns, it is capable of sustained fire. Ammo reserves are a completely different matter
  11. Xhaleon

Shotguns are very specialized for room clearing, they'll come out on top in a fight with that CARV at those distances, so the ammunition advantage doesn't play out there. If they're cheesing it with slugs at longer distances, they shouldn't exactly be as strong as those running with buckshot anyway.

Still, I think that shotgun reserves are a little bit short. Just a wee bit. I don't even make use of them.
  12. StormStrafe

Oh really? Because a Light Assault of any faction can have a 12 shell magazine in his shotgun while a Heavy Assault has a 10 shell magazine in his Jackhammer. Both with extended magazines.
  13. Ganhrio

Are we even talking about the patch anymore?

I suggest you create a thread and discuss this "issue" there.
  14. Xhaleon

I would prefer if they actually made the Jackhammer a unique weapon rather than a shotgun that's just weaker than all the others.

It was originally a triple-barreled handcannon, not a rapid fire one. A lower ammunition cap wouldn't be a problem if it acted just like that and is advertised as such.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rhinzual

Are those specialized radar attachments on the Humvee that detect the direction of enemy fire? I remember hearing about them years back.
  16. StormStrafe

Those are for poppin' smoke. But let's get back on topic here: Yay for the patch! :)
  17. Ganhrio

I'm fairly certain those are smoke canisters.
  18. NietCheese

No it's not a lame comparison. It's about the killing ability of these weapons. I run slugs because I go for shots which are longer than the width of a room. 30 meter shots, where 4 slugs can kill a guy. After I miss a few shots, kill 5 guys I am usually out of ammo. If I had any other gun I would have used half of my ammo.

I am not wasting shots, I'm not going for silly long range shots, but ranges where slugs do significant damage. Part of the problem is the randomness of slugs, but that's for another thread.

I simply don't have enough ammunition to use a shotgun as a NC HA once I have started a kill streak. On other factions and with other classes ammo is not a problem - 95% of the time. Ammo is a problem for shotgun using HAs at least 50% of the time. There is an obvious imbalance here.
  19. Alexander Angelos

Matt, can you give us an update o the new pump-action shotgun that is coming out?
    Seen that one has a stock.... so exited about that model :p
  20. Alexander Angelos

Sadly that's the February update..... I think march update will be thrown away for eternity back :( (at least i hope they will figure it out)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.