State of GU04 Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadestorm

Will the name-plate colour system be changed/fixed in this update?

Current name-plate colours don't allow terminals to be coloured in your factions colour, while keeping enemy names red if you are TR (unless you want friendly and enemy names in the same colour). Another issue with the current colour schemes is that enemies and friendlies show up as purple or other squad/platoon colours on the minimap and identifying a threat or an ally becomes very difficult.

PlanetSide 1 had custom colour selection for each squad in a platoon,as well as modifying the outfit's colour and enemy names. It can't be much more difficult to add the options to choose a colour for each.
  2. Tobias

All that stuff is nice and all, but HAVE YOU FIXED THE BORDERLESS FULLSCREEN MODE SO THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY ALT+TAB AND BRING OTHER WINDOWS UP IN FRONT OF IT? THIS BUG HAS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS NOW. SOE PLZ.
  3. Consumer

Been looking forward to the VR for a long time. I know stats won't be recorded, but does this mean playtime won't be recorded? I realize it might be obvious that it won't given its ties to SPM, but it seems like something that might be left in to track player time while logged in.
  4. Necron

Hammer is a shottie, they get less ammo because that would be WAY OP to carry around 400 rounds of shottie ammo.
    • Up x 1
  5. MGAMIKA

Would be nice though XD
  6. FreelancePanic

My body is ready.

So is my pizza delivery man, ready to jump off the rumble seat to deliver hot, explosive pizzas to hungry Prower drivers worldwide.
    • Up x 7
  7. Reij

Will I have to log in each day to get the passive cert gain, or will it just be posted? Will it be a trickle, or will it be a shot in the arm all at once?
  8. WalrusJones

Its already in game, just at a lessar degree.

Test it yourself.
    Its a trickle that requires you to log in daily.

MASSIVE flames was brought up that it may be a useful tactic to exploit it if you are among the people taking a break from the game.
  9. Xhaleon

Huh, if by rebalancing the reserve ammo they mean giving small-magazine weapons more spare mags to compensate, then that's one of my minor suggestions come true.

It was always silly that a gun's capacity determined how much the soldier could actually carry. The MSW-R giving TR boys 150 less boolets to work with on top of half capacity is kind of sad. Same thing with the Orion, same thing with the GD-22S... same thing with a lot of weapons, really.

More experience for killing a tank compared to a simple infantryman may really get people to start pulling tanks to blow up those farming Prowlers for once, and maybe those guys will start having to spec into something other than HE FARM CERTS ERRYDAY HE
    • Up x 1
  10. Reij

Know it's already in the game. I don't understand how it would be an exploit to allow the cert gain without a log in. What advantage does it give someone?
    • Up x 1
  11. izeskus

Why almost everyone so exciting about upcoming invisible little buggy?! This small behemoth just an easy target for any tank or infantry man. When I see this mechanism o' 4 weelz I almost always make my eyes happy to see how it blows up in the sky. :D And invisible mode wouldn't change much in this little show for me!!! Even more fun, wahahahaha! Lets rock!
  12. WalrusJones

Not a technical exploit, but making the most of it.

People thought I was trying to pass it off as profound, or complaining.
    When in reality, It was simple, mundane, and something I was happy with.
  13. Cookaim

Calling it now, Vanu 60% pop on all servers.
    Lol I think this might be true on briggs,since last rotation TR have had a massive 28% population and NC have over 40%.
  14. Tanelorn

Please also consider the following very small improvements:

1. More GUI color control for the color deficient. Squad colors and territory control hexes are the biggest deal.

2. aimpoints for all driver and passenger positions in all vehicles so they can effectively call out targets with the q key.

3. Orientation graphics for all secondary (and tertiary) gunners.

4. Smaller icons for squadmates on the minimap

5. Minimap zoom

6. Different icons for squad and platoon waypoints to help tell them apart

7. Show the title of every squad in the platoon screen under its alphabetic title. Often outfits will assign roles for their squads and name them as such but that disappears when you join.

Small improvements but big payoffs.
  15. D-Spirith

I am not sure what AOE means, Area Of Effect? Like what is it like?
  16. VanuSovereignty

Yes, AOE means area of effect. It really means exactly what it sounds like.
  17. SmellyBoots

nice you missed the fixed a ton of bugs too. Oh wait you forgot to look at the AOE fixes too nice...

Wanna Cry and ***** some more without reading what he posted. Sorry he didnt spell it out for you, He must have figure you have been paying attention to all the talk about the updates...

Go on Im waiting for your rage
    • Up x 1
  18. sustainedfire

Liberators splash damage is getting nerfed, and the rear facing passenger will probably be equipping anti air in most cases.

Its possible that infiltrators will be able to cloak their flashes, so you might just have an invisible anti air army hunting you down!
    Probably not what you are hoping for is it!?!
  19. Tanelorn

Just wait, we are going to see a big balance change with the rumble seat. It will allow for packs of fast moving AI turrets. They will be too fast and maneuverable for non guided AV weapons and it will be hard to hit them enough with small arms. 2 man flash mobs will be the bane of infantry and potentially the bane of armor if they are packed with heavies who all dismount together. In the zerg they will be mostly annoyances but in the hands of an outfit they could be overpowered.
    • Up x 1
  20. HadesR

Any chance we can get those patch note's pretty much in full at release ? Including Ninja buff's and nerf's

pwetty pwease :)
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.