How to 'fix' the NC MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by -Synapse-, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Yoda

damn.. you win.. posted same video just after you did:p while it's worth double post it as most will ignore facts:)
  2. NucNuc

No...these tests, while proofing dps POTENTIAL, are not representing any circumstances players meet in actual gameplay nowaday. NC MAXes know their weaknesses and their strenghts and can play them out, while the strenght of TR and VS maxes have to many random factors and weaknesses that cant be outplayed properly (more then NC Maxes who play out to their strenght).

Give my post above a try and think about it.

Edit: The ability to hold cappoints like NC does is invaluable.
    NC knows for that and supports their maxes with engineers and medics for the circumstances they fall to smart players.
    TR and VS rarely do, and given that intelligence evens out across factions, means that NC MAXes are better at their metarole.
  3. Yoda

NC max can kill ppl coming for controllpoints only once they get inside or close to door.. while you can mow them down as they are comnig running.. seems more a case of the good ol' l2p but i would not go that far.. i'll admit i don't play VS but i DO play NC and TR, and while the NC has faster TTK in there effective range, the TR one feel more dynamic.. place it in a doorway shooting at anyting that come's running at you and take turns with 2-3 maxes with support.. nothnig get's close to what ever room/building we are deffending.
    if that would work with the VS max i don't know
  4. Kronic

Ahh that same video always pops up, because of course the NC MAX is just gonna stand there for 6 seconds for you to just unload both your mercy mags into him, especially when he has a useful little ability called charge which will alow him to either run to cover where he can flank you, or camp an area the funnels you into CQC where he's effective. A tactic that VS/TR MAXs aren't able to do in regards to medium range where they're supposedly very good (which they aren't compared to a T9 Carv for example). Add that on top of the fact that MAXs are nearly always used to hold area in a CQC environment and the NC MAX will always be the most useful.

Also, refering to my first point, what happens when an NC MAX catches a VS/TR max with their pants down? He kills them in a second. Something our MAXes are't capable of doing at any range. And before you say "don't try to hug NC maxes" or whatever stupid saying is around these forums atm, how do you think you cap biolabs? Or in fact any indoor area for that matter? Hiding 15m from doorways where you know NC MAXs reside? Nope you gotta engage in CQC, something you're forced to do, while TR and VS MAXs have no way to force NC MAXes out in the open where they are at a disadvantage (maybe if the majority of indoor spaces were small and we spammed nades in there or something).

OH and one last thing, NC MAXs get 2 full shotguns per arm, while TR have chainguns with an RPM of around 400...

TL;DR, NC MAXs are OP.
  5. NucNuc

Well, If we take the good ol l2p: A max standing in a door will get a launcherrocket immediatly from me and a grenade into the room after that. No problem, at all i know where he stands, and should he move, i know how far he could have got. Good NC maxes dont stay in the door, but behind, where you cant be sure there exist one (and throwing a grenade in every room you get could be...expensive).

At least, look, i dont want to change the damage on Scat or hakmaxes...I just want VS and TR Maxes to be solid in their role... and yes, i have a p.imped out VS Max with dual Cosmos and max antiinf resistance...and people can adopt to me (at least have 2 seconds before i could kill them, 2 seconds you dont have when facing a NC Max at their range, and that second fact is even fine for me..)

But as always stated, that VS and TR Maxes domain should be outside or in large hallways, the game doesnt support Maxes for that role.

I have a BR 70 Vanu and BR 30 NC. THe not so p.imped out Scat max is way more effective at his role for me. So same bad/good player two observations
  6. Kronic

Oh and to add to the 1 second TTK of NC maxes vs other in CQC, that obviously leaves very little time to react, while if the VS or TR MAXs caught an NC MAX in the open (which only ever happens to ******** MAXs tbh), he'd still have any easy time getting away. Buffing our weapons by 200-300 rpm would mean that if we ever did catch NC's MAXs in the open, we'd rip him to shreds, so we'd at least be able to do to them what NC MAXes do to VS?TR ones if the conditions are ideal (even if very unlikely).
  7. NucNuc

Btw its interesting how all think it is just pure dps that matters.
    And i really dont get why NC won´t accept that they are better in their role than other Maxes in theirs...and that the others need a buff.

Too much Angst of Nerfs around...really... but well, i remember when magrider pilots in forums said that the other MBTs would need a buff, they themselves got a nerf, so maybe understandable...
  8. Clonecenter-resident

easy fix, just allow maxes to equip any primary slot weapon they own to each arm. no upgrades though, no scopes, no grips or lasers or compensators, no special ammos, just the raw weapons. bam, balance problem solved. and the firemode would always be hipfire since you cant ads with maxes.
  9. Stigler

The OP is correct buff the VS and TR a hair, leave the TR Max alone.

(to the NC MAX cry NERFers)

I tried all the dual AI Maxes, I am still VS, I have a Kinetic 4 Hacksaw/Scat and slugs (was working on ext Mags) I rarely use it. To be honest I preferred the slugs for all around use, but that was nerfed already last patch. You just refuse to have anything that is hard or a challenge in the game as far as countering it.

You will never acknowledge this is not COD and 1v1 Balance, NC have an asset for certain situations the NC Max and you want it nerfed. Sad that ANY TR would even add anything about nerfing NC Max. What a joke.

As TR or VS Max you sprint away when they charge, maintain range, you let Infantry go ahead around corners. Gee its not that tough, yet 10 zillion threads later??????? So what the NC are tough in Bio, all this 1v1 nonsense means nothing for Faction Balance. Face it you just WANT COD w/ tanks and planes. Pretty sad that the other cry NERF threads are actually destroying PS2 and not improving it.

Oh wait the nerfer's willl be happy when its all EASY mode.

I wish they made a separate Console PS2 just for all of the focused DPS and 1v1 with different COD balance to make you happy.
  10. treeHamster

I have no problem with NC MAX's being great at CQC. The problem lies, as other people have stated, that the VS/TR MAX's are terrible at their applied roles. The TR's MAX should have it's RoF kicked up at least 25% to 500 RPM (real chainguns, even small ones, fire over 2k RPM) and the VS MAX should either get a CoF increase or probably Lashers (we have them in EVERY other faction specific vehicle, i.e. PPA for Mag and Scythe). Lashers for the VS would mean it goes from a nice big killing role, to a major fire support role but would increase it's range to 40-50m which would mean it's role would change towards outside base assault and anti-MAX.
  11. NucNuc

Though generally spaeking you are right and we share the same thinking regarding nerfs, i dont think that charging away is a valid metaoption ....only if VS and TR can take the capture points with them ;P

In my previous, longer post i tried to give a possibility of buffing TR and VS maxes without playing with DPS numbers or shifting their weapons.
  12. Purg

You can't start balancing weapons with the assumption that there will always be a wall for the NC MAX to hide behind during a reload. Or that NC MAX know their strength. What I love about the videos is that it shows the very quick damage drop off and, at the time, the people who were complaining that they were being instagibbed at 30m by Dual Hacksaws from full health suddenly shut up - one fight we finally didn't have to fight any more.

I have Dual Hacksaw, I dislike them the most because of their pellet spread and their pitiful range. You are a prisoner inside if you choose to equip them. To have to stand at a door while tactically deficient lemmings single file through it isn't particularly interesting game play to me. My NC MAX likes fresh air so I give him slugs on Mattocks - an awful alternative to Dual Mercies or Cosmos.
  13. CptFirelord

14. Stigler

Ahh, yeah I wrote that before the coffee kicked in and mellowed me out. I do see your point about NC Maxes getting on point but in many cases you can still retreat and come back from range, though you need some Infantry support to help soften them up.

I am just in support of minor VS and TR MAX buffs. NC Faction cant afford any nerfs ATM when you look at the overall stats. If they do nerf the NC MAX again (Slugs were just nerfed a bit) hopefully it is very minor.
  15. SinerAthin

Where does he specifically state that?

Sounds more like a writing error to me.
  16. Gav7x

17. Deathcapt

1/2 the NC MAX MAgazine, but Also 1/2 it's reload speed. There, No more "insta-gibbing" other MAXs while maintaining roughly the same DPS as before / TTK against other MAXs. Makes it slightly less vulnerable against infantry like the other faction's MAXs, Or Increase Refire delay, while Also increasing MAgazine size proportionatly. Something like a 175RPM but with default 16 round magazine for the Scatter gun.
  18. SinerAthin

19. TintaBux

NC Scatter max don't need fixing. Like others have said, just give TR & VS close range shotgun type weapons that are similar. And also give NC a good medium range weapon.
  20. Deathcapt

lame, Making everything the same is lame! This isn't COD / Battlefield. Planetside has faction specific stuff. I still think the VS MAX should have had some kind of cool Laser weapon, like the link gun from UT. Maybe with like a chaining / deathstar type mechnic, where people can buff the other MAX by linking their weapons.

Maybe something like for every chained MAX the Final one get a 50% bonus to ROF, up to like 300% ROF boost.