Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siiix

thats how it should be a heavy tank is not easy to get, a tank is not simply an other weapon like a shootgun , its a powerful tool, a priority target

i'm actually playing mostly AT and not tank driver and i cant tell you how deeply disappointed i'm over this change

only sissies complain about getting killed by a tank, who only care about they precious KDR and not the actual challenge to have a target that is actually harder to kill and can kill you in a shoot... its disgusting in my opinion...i'm very upset about this change

just to show that i'm actually AT and not tank driver:
    Enemy Vehicles Destroyed: 307
    kills with prowler: 59

so i'm CLEARLY infantry and i HATE this change
    • Up x 3
  2. Being@RT

Tanks can only be overpowered vs infantry if their availability is severely reduced

Like, make them cost 750 resources or something and then buff them to the power levels requested in this thread..
    • Up x 1
  3. Draknar

My main focus is as a tank driver, and I am very pleased by the nerf to splash damage.

First, I have no trouble avoiding being destroyed by infantry. If you are constantly being torn apart by C4 or rocket launchers, you are doing it wrong.

Second, Tanks main focus (this is pure opinion though) is to destroy enemy armor, primarily AMSs. However, if you let too many enemy tanks run wild without pulling your own armor they are going to start harassing your infantry, and even with the nerf will be able to do so (I'm used to killing infantry with AP rounds, personally).

Third, and I think mostly why this is a good implementation, is in a game where it's so easy to have overwhelming numbers, infantry can quickly find themselves being surrounded and spammed by tanks. Keeping the HE damage down will let defenders actually push out a bit, at least cause some armor to have to retreat to repair, but it won't tip the balance from armor to infantry.

Most importantly, what I don't see here, is I want to see XP for damage done to armor like they do with aircraft. Granted, I don't think there should be armor vs. armor damage XP, but Infantry Vs. Armor damage for sure...give them *something* for trying to push away enemy armor, even if they can't kill it before it retreats to repair.
    • Up x 1
  4. 2Leadfeet

So it should take 6 rounds of splash dmg from a Lighting to kill 1 Inf before reloading ? okie dokie

Ditto ! :(
  5. [BWC] HalthraxCB

I'm not sure how the new TR launcher is supposed to be any good. You have to keep your launcher pointed at the target until the rockets hit (so if they break LOS after you fire you're screwed... and you are occupied pointing at the target and not engaging other enemies or reloading like you would with a F&F), if a plane drops flares having more rockets won't help because they will all just get stopped by the flares. Unless the total damage of the rocket swarm is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than our regular launchers, this thing will be completely useless.
    • Up x 1
  6. BARBAK

ok GU,
    I don't care the prowler nerf, if that could stop the whine.
    But Why another lock-on rocket launcher when we already have enought? C'mon be a bit more creative please.

Lock-on have many counter (smoke, go behind a friendly unit, behind a tree,ect) where what seems to be a portative saron (you know the no skill gun...) and tv guided missile haven't.
    • Up x 1
  7. Stigler

I posted my feeling's already on these changes to "lets make PS2 COD w/planes and tanks and 1v1 balance vs faction balance" and tanks a 250 pt resource vs a single squishy no point infinite resource (insta respawn at site). With tons of AV tools. These infantry that spawn, run out in the open and get killed will ALWAYS complain. I already play more HA and LA because I get close to as many spm from them as a tank, which is a 250 pt resource and critical to how each side pushes and holds the TECH plant.

I have a ton of points spent on Mag HEAT gun upgrades that I would rather now have in FPC, in beta I used only FPC and sniped infantry, never mind other nerfs that I can live with but would rather have my certs back after all this stuff made it to release then it gets called an exploit/op by the whiners and I have a bunch of useless certs.

At this point even adding the metagame is not going to fix the fact that the Inf (lock-on/wire/tv guided) spam will ruin it for many of us. If you dont like tank spam , then go spawn one and bring it to front instead on respawning 20 times in a base that is lost and then complain that MBT's are OP?

I was playing this hardcore up until a couple weeks ago since Nov 20th. Spent a little on SC to support game. I just spent the day updating Dayz/Arma II, Iron Front 1944, updated DCS world and A-10 / KA-50, updated BF 3 and may get the expansions, If i want 1v1 simplicity I will just play CS-GO.

I am just one person so no loss.
  8. Pakistani Pete

Far too many people keep whining about zergs, because there's no real method of fighting them except a counter-zerg. Kinda sad, really, since zergs are arguably my favourite moments in PlanetSide 2 (and most resourceful!).
    • Up x 1
  9. Tunapiano

Prowler nerf? such bs. why not nerf the vanguard? it's invincible compared to a prowler.
  10. Draknar

Even as a VS player I have to agree. The striker is the one AV weapon from PS 1 I felt needed to be changed (you also had to maintain lock back then). Anti-Air will be difficult now with flares (in PS 1 there were no flares, and aircraft still were able to fly low to break lock), and anti-tank even worse with how easily they can find cover (I know, I drive a tank, and if I'm getting hit with lock-on launchers I'm being lazy).

However it's hard to take the "concept" of a TR weapon and balance it with the other lock-on weapons. I have a suggestion though (not saying it's good, but it's a brainstorming start). Use the idea of firing multiple rounds (the TR specialty), yet have them take different trajectories. First, speed them up, faster than even the annihilator. Then, 1/3rd shoot in-front of the vehicle as a prediction (like the annihilator), 1/3rd follow the typical "follow the target" approach, and the final third try to fly ABOVE the target and strike down from the top (like a Javelin from BF 3). Also, make the launcher fire-and-forget. Then, for any vehicle trying to take evasive cover, some rockets may smack into cliff sides, while others may find their mark. But if only a fraction of the missiles are hitting the low damage output balances the fact that it's so likely to hit it's mark (especially with the javelin-type rockets, would be hard to avoid those without smoke).

Just an idea. Heck, I'd be happy if they just scrapped the whole thing and came up with a different concept, like a long-range laser-guided shotgun approach, similar to the engy AV turret but instead of one deadly rocket it was a swarm several meters wide of mini-rockets.
  11. Revel

Something tells me you guys didn't learn a thing from Planetside 1 were VS used the Lancer as long range sniper rifle and the NC sat in utter safety in cover and did nothing but spam Phoenix against anything and everything. The damage to infantry from these better be minor.

Nerf HEAT a bit fine. Nerf HE? NO. It sucks against armor. That is the trade off. If you're going to make this kind of change to tanks vs infantry then I want 2 mines to no longer kill tanks without mineguard and reduce C4 damage against vehicles. Are you saying the Prowler now needs 2 direct hits to kill infantry? With HE? I really hope this means splash damage because if not its a complete joke. I guess you'll let the NC scatter max continue instagibbing people left and right though.

Also, WHEN are you going to fix the broken map? Not seeing squad colors on the map has been extremely frustrating.
    • Up x 2
  12. siiix

BUT IF thats the problem that the TR heavy tank can shoot 2 rounds fast, then its SIMPLE release a new anti infantry gun for the prowler that work like the other 2 factions and do not have double barrel... problem solved !

its unacceptable that the prowler you have to shoot twice now to get similar splash damage then the other 2 factions do with 1 shoot !

at least with a new gun SOE can make some extra cash
  13. ShakareeNC

So you keep adding on a weekly basis new ways for infantry to kill tanks and nerf the tanks weapons to kill infantry. Last I checked tanks were to be feared not looked at as rolling certs, and last time I checked this is a combined arms game, not BF3.

You already nerfed HE with longer reloads, and accordingly. Dont nerf it any further, when tanks are assaulting bases we get constantly locked on, C4'd and tank mined, all from 10 second respawn heroes.
    • Up x 3
  14. 8BitArchitect

Please don't nerf vehicle splash radius. Given the ease of spamming tank mines or C4 (both of which are insta-kills), it is very difficult to provide close support for infantry in bases as is, and with the prevalence of lock-on rockets, any sort of open ground battle leaves you incredibly vulnerable to infantry as well (After all, it only takes them 10 seconds to respawn, 90 times faster than it takes to respawn a fully certed tank). If you're going to nerf explosive radius, please only do it for HEAT rounds, leave HE alone, as their entire purpose is anti-infantry. My opinion is the same for the prowler changes. You can nerf the HEAT rounds so that it takes two non-direct hits to kill, but please leave the HE alone.

Now that I've gotten my ONLY real complaints with this update out, I have to say I love all the new features you plan on adding, ESPECIALLY the account-wide purchases. I can FINALLY use the weapons I purchased with my alpha squad cash before finding out that the clan I played with was on another server.
    • Up x 3
  15. Revel

2 hits on infantry? Why stop there? Why not make a heatshot a 1 hit kill? How about we give it bullet time like Max Payne to insure that you can hit the head with ease every time while flying around obstacles and cover. Then people can sit even happier on the crown doing absolutely nothing!

These weapons should do almost nothing vs infantry.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dubious

ALL Infantry AV weapons should do damage equal to 1 bullet, against infantry (MAX excluded)
    • Up x 1
  17. dr_Fell

with recent changes to every tank cannon blast radius I am even more sure, that I will never buy SC again and I will never spend it on any weapon.

This nerfing combo amazes me. I have never had feeling of being farmed by tank. I took down Lightnings, Prowlers, Mags with my HA and I took many infantry with my HE lightning. I was always amazed why other HA won't do to me the same I am doing to other tanks when I am playing as infantry. Looking at the whole game, this nerfs are not problem for me (I am already getting more certs as tech / medic than playing lightning, and I am getting similar certs playing HA). But it will make my upgrades, that i bought with SC (baad move) worthless.
  18. Rajada

You know something's a bit off when some of the the VS posters are disagreeing with a Prowler nerf.

And really, how many uncreative, poorly balanced weapons that I know I won't ever waste certs on are you gonna give the TR before they start to leave? I can't be the only one here who is close to leaving because 90% of our weapons are inferior to both factions because our "trademark" advantages are severely out-weighed by the other factions' advantages.

Think about it, what does an extra clip do to alleviate my inability to hit anyone at range when I only hit 2 of every 10 shots due to poor accuracy and unbearable recoil? The key idea is the advantage of 2 or 3 extra bullets at just about any range is statistically negligible. I bet TR populations will suffer soon, because I'm advising all my friends to not make the same mistake I did and pick the "ammunition not made of peas and corn" NC or the "shots that actually go where you point the gun" VS. Maybe the devs will notice when half of a faction goes missing over time.
  19. Zagareth

The old PS1 empire rocket launcher come to PS2... it's not like we haven't already enough rocket spam at tanks, but now we get spammed by unavoidable rockets from VS and NC w/o any warning. If the Lancer and the Phoenix work like their PS1 versions, then it's the death to all tanks.

Lancer = Saron on a Footsoldier
    Phoenix = Cameraguided missile that can be spammed from behind every cover and you can't shoot back as tank, because the splash damage won't kill anyone anymore behind a cover. Worst idea ever, the Phoenix in PS1 was already OP

With these changes, I demand shields on Tanks as they were in PS1.
    • Up x 4
  20. Roland0077

( QUESTION ) Will the "explosion" radius reduc affect the M14, PPA on the ESFs?
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.