Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kroova

Splash damage nerf + AV infantry weapons sounds like a very bad idea.

Splash damage readjustments should be handled on a case-to-case basis. (Ex: I do not see M14 Banshee and VS PPA being worth it if their already small blast radius's are further reduced).

Honestly I love playing PS2 as all the roles (besides maybe MAX :p), but the constant nerfs to vehicles will hurt the game. A tank that is certed into an anti-infantry/HE role should be able to wreck my squad if we do not have any supporting vehicles or cover in the same way that an NC MAX should be able to dominate in a CQC enviroment.

The way to fix the problem would be to somehow provide more incentives for Tank versus Tank combat, and create more infantry friendly (read: cover) bases and area.
  2. Alexander Angelos

The thing is that when something like "that tank" has the power, people due to the menthality: " It's an easy killing maching, i'll get it" is out people start abusing it w/o a limit.

If one tank wreckes your squad.... What 10 tanks can do?
  3. Roland0077

Get farmed by AP spec'd tanks, a HE prowler cant do a single damn thing to a vanguard with AP rounds Enforcer and the shield, even with the Vulcan and getting the drop on the vanny from behind, with shield it reduces all but the first 5 vulcan rounds to squat, and then poof goes the Prowler
    • Up x 2
  4. Alexander Angelos

Are composite armors and camos a common pool item?
  5. Alexander Angelos

Talking about Phoenix. People in a serious company don't make dumb desicions. And more to that, the ES rocket launchers came through many gates off hell. So you won't see a JAVELIN

But i'd like one, for the sake of domination ^_^
  6. FigM

As Heavy Assault becomes more and more competitive against vehicles, I think it's only fair to put spawn timer and resource cost on it, just like with a MAX. Or greatly reduce spawn timer and resource cost of all vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dontbeafraid

I would much rather see better cover for infantry and more infantry-only areas (large multi-room buildings and tunnel networks we can actually fight in). You guys have made some progress in this area but a lot more is needed. Most spawn buildings are still easily camped by a couple tanks/aircraft and bases and outposts are still largely outdoor courtyards with interspersed small buildings. The vast majority of captures still happen because the attacking force vehicle zerg overruns the area and traps the defenders inside -> game over (with the exception of bio labs).

A slight buff to tank torque is not going to remotely balance the damage nerfs and additional AV. I get that tweaks need to be made, but making a half dozen changes in such close proximity is too many confounding factors. That's the kind of thing that is prone to causing wild balance swings.

I don't see why the new AV is really needed, other than for nostalgia. They just scream 'pay to win', and the concerns of them being used to snipe infantry are not unfounded. It will happen if they are even remotely effective. Not to mention, indirect weapons like the phoenix promote camping because you can fire from safety, and there is no defense against them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Being@RT

Off topic: Speaking of the spawn rooms, I feel like the roof would be better removed. Now all it does is block view to the skies from inside without blocking splash damage from the zephyrs.. replace the roof structure with shield -- no more aircraft camping, ever.

The roof even allows tanks to use splash damage by hitting the roof from below.. except on the bases where the tanks have the high ground and use splash damage on the floor like aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eyeklops

Or how about none of the ES AV can be fired out of the spawn shield?
  10. MrDawson

so you debuff tr tanks but give the magrider a little "upgrade" yet they're the only tank in the game that has the ability to strafe side to side to begin with so you help it out. cool.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kittel

While i see why they have faction specific ****, i want a camera guided missile for the TR and VS, and continue lock missiles for NC and VS, something like this should not be faction specific. I would say the same for the charge missile, but not sure how you would pull this off with non-energy weapons.

I'll pay SC for both for my TR and im sure most that actually pay for the game and buy things (ie not the cheap people) would do the same. By not having the option SOE forces me to not buy the item, ie they lose money, just saying. Anyone who disagrees, most likely doesnt spend money on the game and should have no input, imo.
  12. Duke

[IMG]

ASAP. Add bloody cloaking AMS's too.. please.
  13. Being@RT

As NC I will say that a camera guided missile can't really be balanced. It's either going to be useless (due to too poor maneuverability or _very_ limited range) or overpowered (damage isn't really the main factor even, for organized play a no-warning tv-guided missile can be absolutely lethal regardless of damage).

VS version also sounds very powerful, but still more reasonable. I'm worried about heavy assault becoming the second sniper class, however.

TR.. well, I'll have to wait and see. With enough projectile speed and a fast lock time, this could be really good.

---
    All rocket launchers should do less damage to infantry than currently, including the current ones. Frag grenades already exist for anti-infantry work.
    • Up x 1
  14. Thornton14

thats the whole point of the prowler. Its why it has 2 guns. Its SUPPOSED to be better otherwise there is literally no reason to have 2 guns.
  15. Goden

The Prowler has 2 guns which means it has to fire twice to do the same damage as another MBT but it can reload faster as a plus.

This doesn't work for anti-infantry though. HE and HEAT Prowler's can clear entire bases of infantry because each shell can insta-kill entire squads if aimed right. Missed? Well, just shoot again. No worries.
  16. SharpeShooter

I agree :( bad decision SOE.
    • Up x 1
  17. EvilPhd

Joy NC get the slow end of the stick again!
    That boom better be worth sitting in place controlling putt putt rocket.
  18. riker

when will it be shown? FNO 23?
  19. Kroova

I agree 100%. This would address the root problem: there simply is not much cover around the average outpost. Most of the time when I get picked of by vehicles are when I am running across open terrain or into a choke point.

I fight both on the ground and in vehicles, but as an infantry player I do not want the game to become "balanced" around a everyoneshouldbeabletowina1v1againstanyvehicle mentality. Vehicles are like minibosses in this game. As a foot soldier you have to be creative in how you take them on or work with others to destroy them.
    • Up x 1
  20. pada0

Few hours ago at the Stronghold at Connery server Vanu managed to hold and defend it from the Terrans for quite some time simply because the tanks weren't able to shoot into it and interfere with the combat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.