Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Einheryar

Currently it requires 2 indirect HE Prowler rounds to kill a single infantry (though if the enemy is stacked/clustered multiple kills are of course possible). It takes a direct hit to kill an infantry with a single round.

Most people on this thread who claim this nerf is necessary have no idea what they're talking about. Period.

Two direct hits with a Prowler is as difficult as two direct hits with AP rounds from a Vanguard or a Magrider. In any case, direct hits should ALWAYS result in a kill against infantry, no questions asked. If you make the change you propose, it will be twice as hard for Prowlers to make kills, require twice as much skill to get equal results.

Also, if you propose it should take 4 indirect Prowler HE rounds -- you're crazy. Then in every case the Lighting HE will be a much better weapon. It takes 1 second to fire two Prowler rounds. Then 2.5 second reload. Then 1 second to fire the 3rd and 4th round. That is 4.5 seconds to kill one infantry -- in a tank designed to kill strictly infantry targets (even assuming it requires 0.0 seconds to aim at said mobile infantry).
    • Up x 3
  2. Swoll

I did a forum search on this thread regarding boost/boosts but it returned no results regarding exp boosts.

A few weeks ago I bought a few boosts on my NC character when they were on 'daily special', I was unaware then that they were character specific (if I had known I would have spread them out between main and alt), not a huge deal, but I'd like to use them on my alt.

So with all that being said, would you mind commenting on if purchased boosts will be usable for all characters on an account when the Account level unlocks are released? It would be much appreciated!
  3. Pinkelf

Trying to please their consumers. If they're having a bad time, they won't buy things.
  4. Pinkelf

Remind me why we have two barrels?
  5. Eric Smith

From what I can tell it's to lower our accuracy to make it more difficult to kill things.
    • Up x 2
  6. Wargrim

Lol show me one post where i complained about Prowler nerf. :D
  7. WalrusJones

Thank you, the features of this update have made me start an outfit....
    AN ATV OUTFIT.
  8. siiix

well with this move they just lost some, i will be very hesitant from now on to spend more money... it was a very very dumb move

the tanks where balanced just right

in fact i call on every one who disagree with this move NOT to buy any SC any longer until they reverse this change !
    • Up x 1
  9. biterwylie

There is nothing to reverse at the moment :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  10. bountyk80

What happens if a Phoenix user is killed while in camera mode? Does the rocket explode, dud, or do they get to complete their action?
    • Up x 1
  11. NightmareP69

Sure,when your tank becomes the most powerfull than it's balanced :p. I wonder what the NC excuses will be when they get a major buff one day.
  12. siiix

ANY tank not just TR infantry should be a 1 shoot kill on infantry, if its not , its not a tank, its a garbage truck

at very least when you have the infantry gun equipped. other wise what is even the point of the infantry gun

anyone who got one should be offered a REFUND

not to mention the trend turning this game in to a garbage infantry game :(
  13. SomeGuy01

I hope that with the upped daily passive certs bonus for members that it is retro active to all other days of membership to make up for all those lost days.
  14. ClubberLaing

so spawn them at the next closes place and hit them from behind...
    • Up x 1
  15. ClubberLaing

well if you have fun dying constantly by all means go ahead. just note thats not how engagements are won. If you think im an *** thats fine. im sure there is an outfit out there that thinks the way you do. you guys can all stream out of a doomed spawn room together. that way you can make everyone happy!
  16. ClubberLaing

the only reason this happens is because players CHOOSE to spawn in a doomed spawn room. If you were forced to spawn there than this would be a problem. learn to accept defeat and spawn elsewhere for a counter attack.
    • Up x 1
  17. ClubberLaing

i hate to say it but by this logic the magrider should not be able to strafe because the other MBTs cant.
    • Up x 4
  18. ClubberLaing

you have to adjust for recoil manually it does not automatically reset.
  19. Dubious

I got an excellent idea

Lets give all 3 Empires the same weapons and vehicles
    We keep everything that is in the game, in the game, but give it to everyone, with some tweaks
    Like, Reaver will keep 2 guns, mossie will have 1 gun, but an additional equipment slot of your choice and fly faster etc etc
    • Up x 1
  20. SheerTorcher

I put no points in my prowler since the last update because I could see the writing on the wall. Aircraft pilots sniveled, and suddenly ESF are immune again. Now tanks will have to run from infantry if they can't pull off a direct hit, since all classes but infiltrator have strong AT now.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.