Stutter fixed !?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by XRIST0, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voluhar

Tried it, and i think i didn't make any difference. Maybe a few frames improvement, but not in a big battle.
  2. DNSGOGO

New patch fixed the stutter for the most part, but still get low frame rates in battle 10-15-20. It is better then what it was so you guys are on the right track
  3. Zeewulf

Patch didn't change the stutter for me but did re-introduce the flickering graphics issue of blue sky and then ground again ..... :(
  4. AlasPoorJoric

Tried it. Didn't work. Said my video card was insufficient (HD4870), even after removing and reinstalling the drivers.
  5. XLander

I am fixed. The patch looks great It finally feels like a game I am happy with... few bugs but optimized reasonably graphics are good.Play is great. Now for minimap and the new armor bug to get fixed.

GREAT WORK DEVS!!!
  6. XLander

Graphics flicker can be partially fixed by turning down the render slider. (Not the distance slider) To anything under 100%.
  7. PsyborgMJ

For my low end PC last 62MB hotfix is a 90% improvement. Stuttering is nearly gone and the game runs smoother during heavier battles than it was even before GU2.
  8. Zeewulf

The graphics flicker only started after this little hotfix, never had it before the hotfix so i doubt it's the settings as they haven't changed. Stutter and FPS drops are still there so that hasn't changed either for me. Prior to GU2 this game ran great on my PC, now I get nothing but FPS drops and lag freezes.
  9. Edeep

No more stutter , game back to normal smooth ,even in big fight .

cpu: Core i5 2400
    ram : 4Go ddr3
    gc :560 ti
  10. Yolanda be cool

looks like im unlucky, but before 4.6 gig patch i was able to play on med/high getting 60-80 on warpgate and 20-40 in huge battles without big freezes. after 4.6 gig patch, i got some freezes in fights, but after last 62mb hotfix, i got freezes everywhere, even on warpgate. unable to play. (also, flying my mosquito, i see blinking "lock" caption, then it disappeared like lock broken. but few seconds later i was hit by that rocket =(. )
  11. sneakbyte

1. Double Click launcher> Wrench icon > Open directory 2. Open your UserOptions.ini file

3. Set ShadowQuality=0 (disables all in game shadow effects)
    4. Set MaxVoices=48 (You can also set it to 56,64, etc increase in increments of 8)

5. (Optional) RenderDistance=1500.000000 (Basically it removes the far away stuff that doesn't affect you).
    6. (Optional) Do you hate that random vehicle chatter? now you can disable it. Set VehicleChatter=0 (May give 1 fps increase as less sounds are played)

you should get an fps increase if not then something is wrong
  12. Chewey

Runs smooth for me now :)
    Thank you SOE for listening, really appreciated!
    Only bug I found was a capture point that simply would not change on Esamir, close to the VS warpgate.
  13. C4Chaos42

Thank you ninja developer :p
  14. Kloz

Nope, didnt fix it for me. I still have highly instable FPS, it flickers up and down from 60 to 20 (some times even less), in big fights I get between 30-15 fps where I before the patch would have a stable fps of 30+. So still not acceptable imo.
  15. XRIST0

System specs ?
  16. RovingDeath

My frames are much, much better now. Until I reach a big fight... Then I get people warping all over the place, and my jump jets do not respond as I bail from an aircraft, making me go splat... Freaking lovely.
  17. Kylln

Definitely WORSE... being punished for having an I7 now? Seems the core 2 duo's are better. Flew from the VS warpgate , around the crown, landed at the crossroads tower and couldn't get out of the vehicle... about 15 seconds went by and started to get lock on messages, small arms fire hits and blew up after sitting awhile on the reload tower.. *sigh*
  18. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

If you have found that this latest patch has NOT helped with hitches or stuttering frame rates, please try to give a little information about your system and describe the cases where the stuttering still occurs.
    • Up x 4
  19. XRIST0

Sorry but i dont think so , i use an i7 myself and the game runs perfectly .. that is a bold statement

There are plenty of different shapes , sizes and speeds of i7's also ..

This patch made a huge difference to me .. much smoother frame rate with higher settings than i could use before .

*i7 870 @ 4.3Ghz

*6970 Crossfire

*8GB DDR3 2000Mhz

What are your specs ?
  20. Blackoth

I will say my performance problems are pretty much gone, i saw some very minor slowdowns but nothing that hurt my playing
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.