If you use low settings, you can kill every infiltrator with ease!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Timeraider

Hoped this patch would fix cloaks.. its alot worse now. You can simply see a moving black box which is even worse then infantery with fitting camo's/
  2. albeido

there has to be a hard counter to cloak in order for it to be balanced. and in ps1 it was called darklight vision. eitherway it is an alternate vision that allows you to see what couldnt be seen before. i beleive that with the implementation of implants and the release of an IR implant (call it thermal cuz it pretty much is) you will see a shift in cloaking the way that we want it to be.
  3. Crewell

Who says there needs to be a hard counter. You're comparing apples and oranges with PS1 vs. PS2 cloaks. The counter is Infiltrators have less armor and can't stay cloaked 100% of the time. The other hard counter is DON'T STAND STILL when there are enemy infiltrators around. I get more headshots on engineers and medics who stand still while they heal or repair.

As for the issue this thread is based about I hope it is fixed soon if not already.
  4. albeido

eh everyone would rage on the forums if there wasnt a hard counter. but your right the cloak in its current form is actually harmful to you since you cant fire. its better to just ignore you have a cloak and just go all out spray and pray anyways.
  5. drNovikov

But they don't give us a chance to take that ****** cloak off and get back our 20% shields.
  6. haldolium

I am human. Both night vision as thermal optical enhancement technologies are based upon infrared waves. What PS2 does is very abstracted and not very scientific at all.

You denied my post and then agreed overall to what I said...

Yes it should.
  7. VelcroPudding

they do, it's called Light Assault, and you get a jet pack and better weapons too!
    • Up x 1
  8. Navry

Press shift when looking down the scope of a sniper rifle. Should stop the breathing at both ends right quick.
  9. OldOnyx

I think he’s referring to the ridiculously short amount of time it takes for the ability to expire and for sway to resume. It’s not so much of a problem when dealing exclusively with stationary targets, but can be infuriating when you have to adjust your aim only to have the sway start again just before you would have fired.

The ability also seems to function off a cool down rather than some sort of meter or resource pool. You can’t hold your breath, breath, then hold your breath again as any fit person can do to some degree.
  10. Vikarius

If it should then IR/Thermal scopes across the board should have the same cert cost as all my hunter cloak blocks combined AND have equal downsides (like maybe the IR scope adds sway?). Equality, Balance, try it out.
  11. drNovikov

Absolutely.
  12. NUKABAZOOKA

I think some people are starting to misunderstand the purpose of this post.
    I have no problem with how IRNV functioned prior to the patch.
    What I DO have a problem with, is how you can simply put your settings to low and not need it.
    • Up x 2
  13. MustangJoy

I am annoyed by the "hold breath" function. Holding your breath with a rifle or scoped weapon just makes you shake more. As oxygen levels deplete in your bloodstream, your nerves start shaking, and small tremors are amplified by whatever power scope you're using. Snipers don't hold their breath. They shoot at the top of their breath, or more commonly at the bottom of their breath. blah blah
  14. Deschain

Quick everyone set your **** to low, its wackamole infiltrator day.
  15. Rhinzual

You know that modern day snipers don't have to deal with any kind of swaying at all. They just prop the barrel on either a bipox/tripod, a rock/whatever natural terrain or even their arms. Yet here we can't even zoom in (even the 1x scope does this) without suddenly suffering from Parkinson's Disease.
    • Up x 1
  16. Good_Kitty

You cant blame SOE for you cheap free to play people having ****** pcs that cant handle next gen gaming.
  17. icesail

Actually, we are not blaming SOE for people's computers, we are blaming SOE for crappy coding, no testing, and a few other things, none of which were blaming SOE for people's computers.
  18. Good_Kitty

So you are saying we should be able to run playstation 4 games on a playstation 2-3?
  19. Kudag

Go away troll. this thread has nothing to do with PC quality and everything to do with an utter lack of consistency of the cloak effect between graphic quality levels.
  20. DCTH

What are you smoking!? This has nothing to do with the current problem.
    Imagine setting you graphics to low would remove the day/night-cycle (since this costs performance) and you have always day. Or removing the fog ...

I hope SOE fixes this soon and gives everyone, no matter what graphical setting, the same chance of seeing (or not seeing) cloaked infiltrators.