Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Added another event to the list, the new one is for this Wednesday.
    Seefar and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Seefar Member

Thanks for the update, Elyshka! And thanks also for the UTC and 'midnight' usages -- I'm hoping that it's not just me that appreciates not having to take socks off (to access the extra digits for the number mangling).

Thank goodness that this year's daylight savings time switch has kicked in all over the globe at last (at least I think it has). I find it very apt that that that coincides with Bristlebane! ;)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Norika Policy Team Member

A druid seems to have fallen out of favor with the Rainkeeper... come see if you can help her regain favor tomorrow, Tuesday, the 29th of March 1:30 PM PDT (4:30 PM EDTT, 8:30 PM UTC) in Frostfang Sea, near the Raven's Roost housing area.
  4. Seefar Member

The 'rainkeeper', eh? I was accused a while back of being the 'rainmaker' (it often seems to rain in Qeynos when I'm there -- pure delusion on my part, I feel sure...

Thanks to you, too, Norika, for the UTC time. I don't have to take my socks off for that, since all I have to do is add 1 during summertime to make it BST, and I can do that with just one hand! :D
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Wimble New Member

Would it be possible to run this again?

Also: I have a quest that I completed, but the guide had gone home so it remains unresolved. What is the protocol for this?
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The Days of the Rains festival honoring Karana ends this evening, so unless our druid friend really hasn't learned her lesson (and manages to stick her foot in her mouth again), we're not likely to hear from her again for a bit.

As for your other quest, just let us know which quest you're looking for and we'll be sure to let everyone know when that friend will be in need of some more help! :)
  7. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Coming Soon to Halls of Fate (No Foolin'!)
    • Saturday, April 2nd around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - Someone has played a horrible prank on a kerra in New Halas.
    • Sunday, April 3rd around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / [4 Apr] Midnight UTC) - A kerra hunter in the Commonlands needs some help filling a quota.
    • Monday, April 4th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / [5 Apr] Midnight UTC) - More orcish civil unrest is stirring in the Commonlands.
    More opportunities for adventure to come! Keep an eye here and on the in-game communication channels for details!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Elyshka Well-Known Member

And in other news...
    • Wednesday, April 6th around 11 am PDT (2 pm EDT / 6 pm UTC) - Help is needed to restore a family heirloom in the Commonlands.
    • Wednesday, April 6th around 4 pm PDT (7 pm EDT / 11 pm UTC) - One kerra from New Halas never learned to keep her paws to herself...
    • Thursday, April 7th around Midnight PDT (3 am EDT / 7 am UTC) - A bard has an exciting hero's tale to share in Antonica.
    • Saturday, April 9th around 9:30 am PDT (12:30 pm EDT / 4:30 pm UTC) - Looking for a little good "News"? Meet with Rargnir Marrspear in the Obol Plains. (Note: This mission is not repeatable.)
    • Saturday, April 9th around 2:30 pm PDT (5:30 pm EDT / 9:30 pm UTC) - A frazzled detective needs clever deputies to solve a mystery in the Village of Shin on the Isle of Mara.
    Updated 04/05/2016: Wednesday 4 pm quest has been canceled due to Bertoxxulous plague. Sorry about that!
    mungee likes this.
  9. JaerraTymorree New Member

Three cheers for the guide running the quest in TS tonight. You didn't have to keep coming back when you went LD, but you did and we totally appreciate your dedication.

Mmmmuffins!

XOXO,
    Roux
  10. Wimble New Member

Yes. he/she was trying to run a fayberry quest and went LD multiple times, this was blamed by one bemused adventurer on 'britstlebane antics' but personally I was not convince

On a personal note could u run some journal/(ie creates a formal quest)decent reward stuff or if allowed, the guide collectibles?.

thanks for all of your continued time and efforts :).
  11. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Hi Roux! Thanks for the kind words. I'll be sure to pass them along to Mayanthes!

Sorry about the inconvenience, Wimble. Mayanthes sent a note to say that she was experiencing technical difficulties last night and tried her very best to make sure that everyone who came out received a little something for their time. She was quite upset and wanted everyone to know just how sorry she was if they had a long wait or if she somehow missed thanking them for their efforts.

The Guides run a variety of quests each week -- some have a journal quest associated with them, but others do not. Either way, we hope that the players can experience a bit of fun and something different than the usual NPC quests. We are given specific items to use as rewards from Daybreak, so we do our very best to ensure that we're mixing it up as often as we can.

The Guide collectibles can be obtained by speaking to a Guide when we're out and about as our regular selves. The folks that need your help with tasks don't have any to share. I'll be sure to let the Halls of Fate Guide team know that people are on the lookout for more trinkets soon.

You never got back to us about the quest that's still unfinished in your journal, so we'll be on the look out for your reply. :)
    Seefar likes this.
  12. mungee New Member

13. Wimble New Member

Hi E.

I havnt got back to you because I have a lot of alts and it is proving difficult to find...:D

Also just to say REALLY appreciate (love) the high level of activity today with i think 3 seperate appearances in a short period earlier, all new content (to me) and some unadvertised appearances (advertised in chat but not here, which I prefer personally). Also the choice of time makes them accessible to me/the europeans so :).

Note your comments regarding guide collections so please warn your team that some players will start beggining for obscure shinies soon. not sure how to do that in character, though...:D

Please pass on my thanks to may for her persistence re: the TS problems, I was not complaining btw. And thank the guides at the city festival who gave me a purple flying machine, I really am as bad as appeared lol.

Phew. No one left to thank.

:D.
  14. Juni New Member

When i see a Guide I just ask if they have any of those Guide Trinkets, If i need one to complete a set. I'll ask for that one. AKA The Ode to Cheese or the Lucky flower.
  15. Wimble New Member

good idea, tho i dont have ANY guide collectibles yet :(
  16. Juni New Member

Well could post up your main play times. and ask if a Guide could come around those times. You never know, they might be able to help with that. I've always found them to be very helpful when it comes to trying to acomdt a players needs in game.
    Seefar likes this.
  17. Juni New Member

Are there goin to be any NEW Quests? or maybe Quest rewards?
  18. Elyshka Well-Known Member

We're always working on new quests, though most new quests are ones that don't come with journal entries, so you may come across one that's brand new or only available during certain times of year and not realize it.

As for new rewards, that is subject to Daybreak development availability. The Dev team is constantly hard at work bringing new content for everyone, so their time is extremely limited for additional things.

We'll be sure to pass along your suggestions, and if something new comes along, you all will be certain to hear about it. :)
  19. Wimble New Member

What a day! how many events were ran in the end?
    Seefar likes this.
  20. Elyshka Well-Known Member

In the week ahead:
    • Monday, April 11th around Noon PDT (3 pm PDT / 7 pm UTC) - A talented troll needs your help in Antonica.
    • Monday, April 11th around 5 pm PDT (5 pm PDT / [12 Apr] Midnight UTC) - The Qeynos Guard needs your help quelling a menace in Antonica.
    • Thursday, April 14th around Midnight PDT (3 am EDT / 7 am UTC) - The Loresinger minstrel will be returning to Antonica to regale you with the on-going adventures of Gumpy Natto, the Houndslayer.
    These and other adventures will be awaiting you in Norrath. See you there!