Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Maldonus New Member

I got it! TY!!!
    Seefar and Elyshka like this.
  2. Maldonus New Member

With the new bonus xp week. Is it possible to get the Newsie quest going sometime this week? or weekend? or anytime, soon?
  3. Seefar Member

o_O
  4. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Extra, Extra! Read All About It!

The "News" on the street is that there will be some spiritual activity going on in the Obol Plains on Saturday, March 19th around 2 pm PDT (5 pm EDT / 10 pm UTC). If you're eager for some "Nebulous" goings on, this is the place to be!

Don't forget that this mission can only be completed once per character, and here are a few helpful tips to make this exciting experience a bit less stressful for you and your spiritual liaison with the Ethernere. :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Seefar Member

Following on from your comprehensive helpful tips, I have a couple of kweschuns:

Thanks for listening, and for all you do! :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Elyshka Well-Known Member

I'm not certain, Seefar, but if you guys test your theories, do let us know. :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Seefar Member

I understand. The tricky part is that to do this theory testing malarky, I'd need the willing help of someone who has the ability to pass out the quest*, plus a few others who have and haven't done the quest. Plus some gnomes, of course, to make notes and come to conclusions and stuff like that.

* Especially tricky, since the only time I can be sure that such a person is in the vicinity is when they're being swamped by hundreds of folks who have no interest in any dumb theories (they just want to grab the quest) and at such times I think it might be a tad unwise to try to distract said person. Y'know... visions of bitten-off heads.
  8. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't say that, and I can assure you that the spirits who are seeking your help aren't of the head-biting-off variety. There's plenty enough of them roaming around trapped the living world of Norrath, and they seem to be scary folk. I once ran afoul of one unsettled spirit in the Darklight Wood. Awful business that. *shudders*

However, you do have an opportunity presenting itself this Saturday, what with the announced arrival of one of these spiritual messengers. Since you know approximately what time the spirit will arrive, if you're still eager to test, you can always see about gathering up adventurers who are are willing to help into a raiding party while awaiting the announcement from the spirit once it arrives.

And, if you're not able to, that's okay as well. I'm just thinking that the whole organizing and re-organizing of such a large party might prove to take more time than letting people come and go at their leisure, but if you folk can come up with a better method, we'd be glad to hear of it. Your offers of help are most appreciated either way.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Seefar Member

It need not be a large party. In fact the main idea ("does offering the quest to someone in a raid also offer it to everyone else in the raid, or just the group that person is in?") could be tested with just two people, since it's possible to have a raid of just two three people (one sends a /raidinvite to the other). I've already done the quest, so I can't be one of those two three...

(Three rather than two just to check that the quest is passed to the group, even if not to the entire raid.)

This Saturday* works for me. Real life (as ever) permitting, I'll aim to be in Cardin Ward about an hour before the event, if anyone wishes to volunteer to assist.

Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Subzero New Member

Hi Elyshka, correct me if I'm wrong about the time conversion, but is that 2pm PDT = 5pm EDT =9pm UTC instead of 10pm UTC? What time is correct one? And again thank you for your great work that give us so much fun =)
    Seefar likes this.
  11. Elyshka Well-Known Member

*grumbles* It is 9 pm UTC, and one of these days, I'll get the math right on all of them.

I'm so sorry about that.
    Seefar and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Subzero New Member

Thank you for the quick post :)
    Seefar likes this.
  13. Seefar Member

Aha... /methinks someone else is beginning to realise that this time conversion malarkey isn't quite as simple as some would have us believe...

(just wait till the offset daylight savings time adjustments hit: that's when the **** really hits the f4ns!)
  14. Seefar Member

Despite the underwhelming volunteer offers (I guess I do smell as badly as I always suspected, after all?) I was able to confirm, for what it's worth, that all members of a group within a raid are offered the quest if one member of that group is, but the rest of the raid is left out in the cold. Interesting mechanism. I blame the gnomes, their methods are inscrutabubble.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Norika Policy Team Member

I have an easy solution to the time zone dilemma (totally tongue in cheek) ... everyone move to the West Coast of the USA. /em goes off laughing about how much fun that would be, though!
  16. seneth New Member

Noooo, I missed it,, Neb is usually done on Sunday , so I went to daughters house on Saturday. Dang Dang!
  17. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Here there be stuff. Also, things.
    • Monday, March 21st around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - A *ahem* lovely troll will be seeking some assistance in the Commonlands.
    • Tuesday, March 22nd, around 8 pm PDT (11 pm EDT / [23 Mar] 3 am UTC) - Strange dwarven battle cries have been heard in the Butcherblock Mountains.
  18. Seefar Member

That was... interesting :)
    Elyshka and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Elyshka Well-Known Member

There sure must have been some real carrying on, since the local guard had a sketch artist capture the likeness of those associated with our odd little dwarf. As I understand, there was some pretty clever thinking that saved the day, so good work!

[IMG]
    See this and other exciting Guide Event adventures on our offical Facebook page and on Twitter!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Elyshka Well-Known Member

An othmir, an orc, and a dwarf walk into a bar...

Hiya Hoflings! Be on the look out around the following times for some rather interesting adventures:
    • Sunday, March 27th around Noon PDT (3 pm EDT / 7 pm UTC) - Calling all anglers! There's something fishy going on in Antonica. Be on the lookout for the guy in the fuzzy brown coat.
    • Monday, March 28th around 5 pm PDT (8 pm EDT / [29 Mar] Midnight UTC) - The sounds of war drums and orcish battlecries have been heard in the Commonlands.
    • Thursday, March 31st around Midnight PDT (3 am EDT / 7 am UTC) - If you're keen on axes, particularly finely-crafted dwarven ones, head to the Butcherblock Mountains to see a dwarf about a horse mission!
    (All times listed are Pacific time, unless otherwise noted. As always, all dates/times are subject to change without notice due to Real Life Events (tm) such as accidents, bad weather, extreme napping contests, and attacks by evil sock puppets. Notice will be given in advance whenever possible. Your patience (and good humor) are greatly appreciated. Thank you, drive thru!)
    Rosyposy likes this.