In Landmark, what kind of building do you think you'll participate in?

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoug New Member

Will probably start off with small solo builds to get used to it. Though won't turn down helping with bigger projects!
  2. ScarletSooja New Member

If someone wants to initiate a large scale project then I would be game to join as long as there is style continuity. The likelihood is that I'll build solo in order to assure the same style throughout. I'm picky like that, haha!
    • Up x 1
  3. Dr. Yiggles New Member

I'm usually solo in these type of games,but I also enjoy playing with groups to work together creatively.
  4. Feersum Gravitas New Member

I voted solo, because that's my usual play style, however that definitely does not mean I don't join with small to medium sized groups - it wouldn't be any fun if there weren't any other people to show off my mad building skills.
  5. WeeMadAggie Member

After the initial weeks of learning the tools and the game I think it will depend upon the project. If on Twitter we decide we want to go build the Village of 100 Bridges then that's a larger coop affair. It is also possible that one solo project evolves into grander schemes. Possibly one person puts up a wizards tower and a month later the Vale from The Belgariad has sprouted around it with multiple wizard's towers.
    We tend towards symmetry, so if one claim is dominated by a mix of grey stone and dark wood, its neighbor probably won't be all in red brick. Unless that's the future of trolling in Landmark. >.>
    • Up x 1
  6. Aerilyth New Member

I think I'd definitely gravitate towards solo play (clashing of ideas with other players and all that), but I'd love to build with my close friends as well, and I think it would be nice to join a public build and interact with the community! Additionally, if certain players build up a good reputation as builders, it would serve as a way to help teach other players or beginners how to make their ideas come to life -- and I very much enjoy helping other players in any game.
  7. Prester New Member

im soloplayer all the way.
  8. rain Member

I imagine mostly solo and small group. Potentially all over the place on this one though. Just depends how enjoyable it is for me!
  9. Vox_Disciples Well-Known Member

First of all, I, Banin the GM of DoV would love to see dwarf cities in mountians. That is something I would LOVE to help you with, DWARF MASTER RACE! lol

Second. If you are interested in joining a pre-launch guild for EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next: Landmark be sure to check us out man.

Third. I agree about the guild thing. It would be cool if you could make guild claims.

In Disciples of Vox we are already making blueprints and sketches for a 'mega-structure' whereby if there are not guild claims many of us will get claims next to each other and allow guildies to help on said claims to make our guild 'mega-structure'. And a lot of us will be using other claims to build solo when we aren't wanting or needing to work on the guild mega-structure.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EVERQUEST LANDMARK

Be checking with the Disciples of Vox community page please, the week before launch we are going to release the details but we are going to host a build contest where you could win 2,000 SOE Cash! It is open to anyone in the EQNext and EQNext Landmark community, you don't have to be a guild member to apply and it doesn't hurt your chances to win if you are not a guild member. Go post in our forums if you would like to chat or would like to offer up contest ideas for Landmark! If they are good enough we might just host a contest using your idea!
  10. Adalric New Member

Coming from a huge guild we plan on doing large scale constructions. One of said first projects will be a town.
  11. Mordamere New Member

I think I'll do a solo project, my wife will do the same , then we will get together and do a joint venture. So we can experience how things may work community wise, without the risk of strangers
  12. Talzar of Quellious Active Member

Solo. People fail to meet my standards enough in the real word.

I'm more interested in EQN though so I'll be content with my little plot in Landmark.
  13. Fate Member

I'll likely be doing all three types to some degree, possibly even having claims of each type being active at once. My focus will probably be on solo or small group, but I'll likely be doing some large group building as well. I'm hoping to build up a decent sized community with my upcoming Twitch stream and my website, so I'll be looking for ways to let lots of people participate in community events while still having some smaller groups that can do more detailed work. There's also some ideas I have that I want to keep solo built to see what I can come up with on my own as well as potentially sell on Player Studio.
  14. Jolkon New Member

I would love to build a guild town, especially something that can be somewhat vulnerable to the environment. Sort of a border town that serves as a refuge and headquarters, however the town is by no means invincible. Obviously I don't think random players ought to be able to destroy it without PvP, but I do want an element of risk involved.
  15. stryphe89 New Member

I particularly enjoy solo building and that is primarily the type of building I intend to engage in. However, I'm positive that I'll be participating in some sort of Guild building project :)
  16. Seasiren Member

17. LordBert New Member

I Want to say large group that way I have people to bounce ideas off and help me learn the tools quicker. It will probably actually be small group or solo at first. I need to find that group of people that I can work with first.
  18. FrostPaw Member

I'll try some group/guild/community building but until I actually see how the game develops, I expect I will spend the majority of my play time building and exploring for resources on my own. I'd probably be more inclined to build for fun on somebody else's plot then to open my own plot to the general public.

If there were directed community builds as quests or global objectives to achieve something in the world, I would likely get enthusiastic about that. I'd just worry about the complete freedom to grief and mess with other peoples stuff, it would seem too easy for players not to do it.
  19. Kre New Member

Mine will be like my play style, for the most part solo. Once I feel comfortable I may group on a small scale, time will tell
  20. Lagruell Active Member

I will definitely spend considerable amounts of time doing my own personal things, but I will also be likely working with friends or even larger groups on some bigger projects I'm interested in, especially once I'm confident with my skills.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.