For EQN Landmark, which of the following styles would you be most likely to build in?

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Talk with the Devs! Visit the Round Table section of the website to use Twitter to reply to or retweet the Dev responses:

[IMG]

Watch Senior Brand Manager Omeed Dariani and Senior Art Director Rosie Rappaport discuss this topic in the Round Table Response Episode #19:

Can't see the embedded video? Visit our YouTube channel to watch it there!
    • Up x 4
  2. Skyles Active Member

Fantasy/Historical. By real world, did you mean modern world?

I might be tempted to play some with steampunk as well, but I'd likely stay pretty medieval rather than industrial in my designs - medieval Japanese fortifications and architecture have some appeal.

Then again, gnomish industrial/steampunk alongside some solid Dwarven fortifications might be fun.
    • Up x 8
  3. Aazimar Well-Known Member

Pure High Fantasy, its why I'm here.

After a few months and exhausting myself of ideas, I may take a break and do something to break the "builders block", but my passion is Fantasy.
    • Up x 5
  4. Fantomex Member

I have always loved fantasy and I imagine that is where I will stay. I may look a little into history for some castle creations or greek and roman structures but other than that I imagine creating my versions of Hobbiton or Bag End. I also imagine myself recreating self inspired game locations that I remember fondly such as the tower in CB or parts of High Keep.
    • Up x 4
  5. Danubus Member

Fantasy only. I won't be playing this game to make Sci Fi or real world stuff.
    • Up x 4
  6. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Yes. Things like skyscrapers or a coffee shop you see on every street corner or your own house. :)
  7. Nagafen_Katy Active Member

Well, I don't play MC.... I'm here for EQ, so that's how it'll be themed for me. I love decorating in EQ2, but that's as close as I've come to a sandbox like this.

At first, I'll definitely try to make something cool that's EQ themed-- I want my stuff in EQN after all :) That would be UBER cool, that's my goal. However, seeing how decorating has worked for me, once I see the crazy "gingerbread neuchwanstein on top of a mountain-sized picachu" type architecture that the minecraft crowd is likely to start building, I'm sure I'll get inspired.... I might dabble in the above areas but the focus for me will definitely be fantasy/historic.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nagafen_Katy Active Member

See this is totally boring to me.... I hope that plots will somehow work so that my ruins/castle/cottage aren't directly adjacent to someone's picachu skyscraper. I think I've heard something about a separate server for us fantasy dorks, and if that's available that's where I'll play.
    • Up x 8
  9. Lux In Tenebris Member

I would most likely be into the Fantasy style when building something in EQNL, so that it will always match the actual game's (EQN) style.

I mean, some EQNL buildings can be used in EQN, right? That would never happen with a sci-fi building :D
    • Up x 1
  10. Kadyen New Member

Can't decide if I want to do a "hobbit hole" or a kelethin inspired tree house...... too many damned options :p hehe
    • Up x 2
  11. Nagafen_Katy Active Member

Your treehouse is SO going down, I AM THE TREEHOUSE MASTER :p
  12. Mallas Scumlord Well-Known Member

fantasy because thats what this game is. Gonna probably do some temple on the top of a mountain and other stuff.

I would rather be in a remote area than all shoved by other peoples stuff. I always found the remote temple or ruins cool stuff.
    • Up x 5
  13. AsranV New Member

Fantasy and Historical only. Maybe a Blacksmith...

Kadyen, i want to maje a tree house too!! ;)
  14. Armengar Member

Fantasy/Evil
  15. Aetrion New Member

I'd be building fantasy buildings of course, the whole idea of it would be to get your stuff in EQN right? Oh wait, I don't have 100 bucks sitting around to get into alpha and early access, so my chances of that aren't great anyways. I guess I might as well build a scifi building when I get there.
  16. Hope Active Member

Fantasy obviously, but heavily influenced by oriental styles.
    • Up x 1
  17. gkslash New Member

I voted for fantasy because I plan on trying to get something I have made put into EQN.

However, I will be experimenting across all themes.
  18. Tiara Active Member

Soley fantasy here, and would like to build in an area where my neighbours are all doing the same.
    • Up x 2
  19. Nagafen_Katy Active Member

Why would when you enter the game have anything to do with your chances of making something that ends up in EQN? :confused: If they pick the "winning" content to be featured in the game based on who gets there first that would be pretty dumb. EQNL will be running a long time, and EQN is a long way off, if anything they'll probably pick later builds because players will be better at using the tools then. :D

I'm on the fence about buying a founder pack.... I'll probably get at least the cheap one, not sure if I'll go for the mid range or not. $100 is too much for me (not because of preference, I would buy it if I could, I just do not have it, I'm a college student, I barely get by with my sub), but either way I don't think that'll effect your chances of building content that gets into EQN. In fact it's likely that the latecomers (gamers who only hear about this after launch or get interested somewhere later, not EQ people but MC people) will build better stuff than the founders.

So don't be so negative :p

Edit, also if you didn't know, the mid range option includes alpha access
  20. Tharkis Member

Most definitely fantasy for me, so much so that I'd love if there are art-directed continents or servers. That's not to say that fantasy can not also mimic real life very well too. There are some fantastic European castles that I think would look awesome in EQN:L =)
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.