Last activity:
Nov 29, 2014
Birthday:
Oct 30, 1990 (Age: 33)
Ostrich Wrangler

Share This Page

Nagafen_Katy

Active Member, Female, 33, from Texas

A moment of silence please for the epic disappointment of ESO..... Let us not make the same mistakes.... *sad bugle* Apr 26, 2014

1. Nagafen_Katy
      A moment of silence please for the epic disappointment of ESO..... Let us not make the same mistakes.... *sad bugle*
    2. Nagafen_Katy
      Loving the news. Looked a little hairy for a minute there, but so far so good. See you guys in LM (when it's free o.o)
    3. Nagafen_Katy
      With my ESO hopes crushed by their exorbitant/ridiculous pricing model, ($60+$15/monthly+XboxLive) you guys are all I have left!
    4. Nagafen_Katy
      So pumped for landmark.. Didn't think I would be but wow, the last livestream sold me. Terry Michaels= official crush. No one tell my hubby.
    5. m2atias
      going to follow you cuz you and I seem to have similar ideas
      1. Nagafen_Katy
        Nagafen_Katy
        Neato ; )
        Oct 26, 2013
    6. Lokkan
      So... Nagafen Katy eh?

...you willingly chose the name Naggy Katy? ;)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Lokkan
        Lokkan
        Honestly thinking of it, daoc and wow being my main draw for pvp experiences in an mmorpg, it really is an entirely different breed than pve mechanics.
        With such a heavy influence that pvp plays on abilities/spells it makes me kind of hope they go the route some of us old EQ1 players are hoping for.
        Oct 22, 2013
      3. Lokkan
        Lokkan
        A seperate rule-set server for harsher penalties, group dependancy for content, only instant travel coming from a class or two and to a very few spread-out locations.

And offer the same to you pvp folk with your own server, and own dev's to tweak things as necessary specifically for you.
        (omg 420 char limit is bs)
        Oct 22, 2013
      4. Nagafen_Katy
        Nagafen_Katy
        I'm not sure if I'd play on the throwback server but I definitely want them to make a variety of servers to cater to different players. I'll be on a PvP server for sure, but a throwback server might be kinda like a less gay RP server and lots of ppl definitely want it ; )
        Oct 23, 2013
    7. Nagafen_Katy
      Trying to get a bit more active on the forums, can't wait to see how this turns out and I'm loving the discussions so far.
  • Signature

Love (especially to Terry Michaels),

Katy, veteran of EQ since 2000 and veteran of EQII reluctantly

[IMG]

Where is the PvP? WHERE???

About

Birthday:
    Oct 30, 1990 (Age: 33)
    Ostrich Wrangler
    Feel free to look me up on facebook (Nagafen server group, I'm the only Katy) if you wanna argue or play sometime. (Recently I've been playing other stuff but could go for a veteran group or two) On Smite I'm Katy420, the nexus also.

I've been playing these games on and off since I was 10 years old back just before Velious when me and my older sister started playing EQ, and now I play (a bit of) EQ2, although I have to admit it's not the same, I'm much more casual than I was in EQ, and prone to taking long breaks I wouldn't have been able to stand from EQ. I LOVE these games like family, flaws and all, but am excited to think about breaking new ground and doing things differently (after all, EQ arguably invented the genre to begin with, let's reinvent it).

I'm probably skewed more towards the hardmode than the AVERAGE player, but will most likely be pretty moderate for these forums. I have raided plenty but don't think of myself as a "raider".

EQN hopes and dreams to be crushed....
    • Corpse runs + XP loss + item damage (not loss) and PvP griefing (corpse/respawn point camping) prevention
    • Armor that doesn't force us to buy SC/appearance armor-- there is no excuse for this money grubbing. You guys get plenty of money from us (I've spent THOUSANDS on you, myself). You have the most loyal fans in the business. We should get vanilla armor that doesn't suck. You know we'll still buy your crap.
    • Build community by giving the power to the players in every way possible-- ports=player abilities only, repairs=mostly players, buffs ala EQ (free SoWs anyone?), auction channel preferred over auction house
    • Give everyone the server ruleset they want, so a variety (Immersion/Survival, Throwback, Craft/Build Oriented-- the more the better)
    • EFFECTIVELY and SEAMLESSLY blend PvP activity onto every server, in a way that makes PvPers and PvEers happy, rather than sticking us on a low population dickish PvP server.
    • NO instanced PvP (especially cross server BGs) give us a real arena in the world (to gamble in?)
    • Limit PvE instances to quest mobs. Everything possible contested.
    • Crazy customizable characters-- let us be fat, old, and/or 86 the Disney look if we choose
    • Do away with the hypnotically boring EQ2 crafting. Either click to create, or something new. It's boring. And more items. That's right, even more than EQ2. With regular growth (real items, not just the holiday fluffy items).
    • Mount combat-- no more passive prowler purring while a monster guts me on its back
    • Guild Hall PvP-- those jerks, this means WAR! (For PvP servers at least)
    • A merchant economy that makes sense (prices roughly reflect the current player economy) More useful and interesting merchant items (or just get rid of them)
    • More complex deity system (multiple gods per toon? temporary offerings without adopting the god? Different sects of the same god IE good followers of Bertoxxulus, evil followers of Tunare?)
    • No more having to join a mega guild with hundreds of accounts that's full of jerks for raid content
    • MAKE IT HARD, CRAZY/QUIRKY/UNIQUE, AND DON'T INSULT YOUR PLAYERS' INTELLIGENCE
    /WoWrant
    BTW I have never played WoW, I will never play WoW, I do not respect WoW, I don't think they do anything right, I got as far as character creation before I was done with that kid's game. I have been angry at WoW ever since they became so successful by STEALING my favorite game and dumbing it down, and now I HATE WoW for having Kung Fu Pandas and having to describe EQ by saying "It's like WoW, but....". It's a mockery of the genre I love, the genre I helped start as a very early subscriber, I mean, I mowed lawns so I could pay this company to have and continue to make an awesome game. Then WoW comes along and rips them off as much as copyright law allows, and they make billions? I had paid these people thousands, personally, by the time I was 16 and quit. I feel personally offended, as though I was part of the team that made the damn thing. Sorry if I'm ignorant of WoW mechanics but IMHO they shouldn't matter because this game should be NOTHING like WoW.
    /endWoWrant