Zerker Changes

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by xkrisx, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Conmonnn Member

My Zerker is my raid main and honestly these changes are not going to change very much for me personally. Even in heroics with a decent healer i can mass pull and not even have to rely on Battle Frenzy to stay alive. And on the point of Zerkers having less HP and MIT than other tanks, i beg to differ. if you know how to spec and build your character Zerkers are not far behind classes such as Crusaders (who can buff their HP a bit more than warriors). i personally in my full defensive setup sit at 1.9mil HP and 21.3k MIT selfbuffed.
  2. Montag Well-Known Member

These changes are a bad idea. Anything that reduces the numbers of heroic tanks for PUGS is a desperately bad idea for the health of this game.
  3. Veeman Active Member

I feel for my brethren Zerkers. Maybe it's just me, but I allows get nervous when they decide to start tinkering with any class's defining or primary abilities. It never seems to work out for that class. Will the Zerker community figure out a way to still be viable in raids? Sure. Will they still do a good job in Heroics? Yes. And will they still make a better solo toon then Guardians? Absolutely. The raid geared Zerkers will be fine, it's the lesser geared Zerkers who are going to feel this change the most. They are now going to be much more vulnerable (then they where) the worse their gear is. Use to be that you could run a Zerker almost naked and still survive fights, guess not anymore.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

This is why it was a long time coming. No tank should be able to go through heroics without a healer. When a group dies on a named and they have enough time to rez and run back while the zerker keeps it in combat without dieing, yes you have an OP problem.
  5. Veeman Active Member

Ok, first other tanks besides the Zerkers can run heroics without a healer. But all solo tanks that don't have healers require either all green gear or raid gear to do so. (ok, maybe a few freak players in blue can, I don't know). Either way it's more gear oriented then you let on. As for the second part ANY good Guardian or Monk (possibly others) should be able to hold their own for at least a couple of minutes to allow a wiped group to rez and come back to the fight. I have so many stoneskins that I can normally go at least two to three minutes without a healer if it's an emergency, so based on your comments Guardian stoneskins should be nerfed too.
    Two more things:
    1. Why does anyone ever ask for another class to be nerfed? I will never understand that mentality. If you think it's because they out perform your class then advocate for improvement in your class not the nerfing of others.
    2. You need to hang out with better tanks if you're having that big of a problem running heroic zones.
    Kittybock, Schrek, Auvn and 1 other person like this.
  6. Healious Active Member

I agree with Veeman 100%.
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. siirrus65 New Member

Ok so not being the brightest, just maybe the oldest, lol, and not even sure i'm on the right thread, but today i was told 4/26/15 that my zerker who i have spent a lifetime with (13yrs) is going to have his stuff nerfed again. I mean, seriously, we just came out of a 6yr nerf box. Is this true? I was told we are going to lose healing abilities to a large extend and some of our skin timers will be shortened. Ok what is fact and what is fiction here , anyone know? THIS nerf is suppose to hit this coming tuesday, someone please tell me i am misinformed. THanks much for any and all input !!
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I do not believe it will be as severe as you might think. I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Zerks have some of the highest mitigation, definitely.

We do have less HP. Your 1.9m HP would be 2.1m on any other plate tank and 3m on a brawler.

But, it's not so obvious now as it was back in DoV and CoE. Gear makes the difference less of an issue, because you can compensate with better gear with higher %HP. But if you compare like for like gear, zerks will have less HP.
  10. Schrek New Member

If the zerker is doing his job and holding agro, the rest of the group shouldn't need heals either; unless their resists are too low to begin with? I pull named to named in the deino zones and the only time anyone else dies is if they decide they want to tank.
  11. azcn2503 Active Member

Personally I am really looking forward to these changes - offensive is giving me a lot of extra DPS on Beta, and Subtle Strikes lets me fill a DPS spot in a group... Zerker DPS is insane. I don't feel I get attacked enough for the added cooldown on the heals to make any noticeable difference.
  12. Schrek New Member

when exactly are these changes taking place? today, or tomorrow?
  13. azcn2503 Active Member

I think they will be going live with tomorrow's Rum Cellar update. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it might take a little longer. We will find out when we see the patch notes tomorrow.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

So, this turned into much ado about nothing?
  15. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Please tell me where that extra 1 million HP came from for brawlers, because I would love to have it! ;)
  16. Boli Active Member

Adamantine Skin gives a good health boost to their defensive stance - plus I think their natural STA > Health conversion is higher than other tanks.
  17. Healious Active Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I myself have just givin up on voicing my inputs. Just falls of deaf ears. ie. Divine guidance etc. etc.. Gamebreak Games is gonna do whatever they want and some player will always want nerfs for other toons, for reasons I will never understand.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

The heal parses on my zerker are virtually the same as they were before this change.

We clear all the trash in HH with a pre-raid group, and we tend to pull 1/2 the zone at a time. This is the test I used, and pre change my zerker would average ~410k HPS, After the change I averaged 380k HPS under the same test.

I have to pull a lot of mobs, and I mean so many it lags my client, to even notice an impact.
  19. Healious Active Member

I think the people who will see the biggest impact are lesser geared groups running instances.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

I exaggerated probably, but my monk has 400k more than my zerk with worse gear so I was just estimating. Neither are raid geared or even top heroic yet.