Zerker Changes

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by xkrisx, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Healious Active Member

It is amusing that the guardian wants a more aggressive nerf for Zerkers.
    Schrek and Kittybock like this.
  2. SheirarkDrakonis New Member

Lol those changes to me seem practically meaningless. Make your healer hit their buttons and wear dps gear like a freaking man.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I say leave Battle Frenzy alone, its a temp and its only THAT good on mass trash, less so on single hard hitting stuff. So imo Tsunami is better, Furor is better, dragoon reflexes is better. They should have just left Frenzy alone and just nerfed the passive Blood Rage.
    Healious likes this.
  4. Pikku New Member

Zerkers self heals have been too overpowered and now the nerf hits...

Some instances zerker doesn't need heals at all, rest of the group does... zerkers don't see this as a problem ???
    Start tanking and thinking now, instead of mass pulling zones and AFKing.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

They are the only ones regularly out heal parsing healers.

Perhaps if you show parses of other fighters out parsing healers on heals, then more classes will be adjusted.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

The 'guardian' spends more time on his zerker than his guard, cause playing OP classes is 'fun'.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  7. Healious Active Member

That makes sense. Your toon was too fun so ya wanna see it nerfed. All toons should be a bore. I get it. And Zerkers only outparse healers when they mass pull mobs, like the class was designed to do. Zerkers are supposed to get stronger the more mobs hitting them. Has been that way for years. Like has already been stated this nerf has little effect in raids. If you believe zerker heals are overpowered, meh, maybe, but this nerf is too much and will destroy them. I don't see anybody crying for monk nerfs. Why? because they aren't out parsing healers? Inner Focus, Tag Team, Bob and Weave, Tsunami, Brawlers Tenacity, to name a few, why would they need too? Should we nerf all tanks until they just stand there and get beat with their auto attack on and make healers heal more. That sure sounds fun to me.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

The issue is these heals scale nearly infinitely, the more mobs you have to hit you per second, the more you heal per second. No healer gets abilities that scale infinitely like this, as such no tanks should either. You don't see a cleric with a reactive with a 30 second duration with unlimited procs.

Nothing about this change is going to prevent zerkers from mass pulling, it is simply going to but some boundaries around it. Even post change, they're better than any other tank doing the same thing.
  9. Bashem Well-Known Member

Zerkers need proper gear so there awesome esp hp and mitigation gear to do the job well.

Would not want a zerker to fold up like a non tank class or zerker not properly outfitted.

I have not played this year so how are the new changes working other than one less stance reckless?
  10. Healious Active Member

"You don't see a cleric with a reactive with a 30 second duration with unlimited procs." actually I do, Its called divine guidance. although only 24 second. Those darn Inquisitors are so OP.
  11. Healious Active Member

1 last thing then I will shut up. Its not so much that zerkers are OP. It is that at this point in the expansion the zones are trivialized to all properly geared tanks. It is just more apparent with zerkers because they heal more then others. But at this point all tanks can and do, with proper gear, mass pull zones. Think back to when the expansion was fresh nobody was complaining about zerkers because they didn't have 2mil HP and 25k MIT. So regardless of their heals they got owned like all the others. nerf bezerkers now and what happens when we get new and harder hitting content? Well we will probably be in LFG channel with Bruisers thinking back to the good ole days.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

This change has been overdue for some time. It should have been changed in PvE way back when it was changed for PvP. You don't even need current expansion gear to see the issue, you can be in all potent gear and see it. The difference wasn't that people are more geared now, its more that the zones in general were nerfed.

But I don't think it is intentional for zerkers to be out heal parsing healers, and fact is that has been happening for quite some time. Certainly no one is saying they shouldn't have lots of ability to tank lots of mobs, both from an agro generation, dps generation, and survivability stand point. I think all anyone is trying to accomplish here are some guardrails on that survivability.

We're still talking about 5 heals triggered per second and 3.333 triggered per second on the other? It still remains very significant in terms of how much healing is provided, it simply no longer scales infinitely.
  13. Healious Active Member

I guess there will always be those who will drive change because someone has things better then them in there eyes. I just dont see how the Bezerker in its current state hurts this game in anyway. Oh well. I will just add this to the ever growing list of reasons the game is becoming less fun for me. That's all I have for this thread . Cheers..
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Can't say I like the idea of changing how my main/fave tank behaves for the worse, but I'll reserve judgement until I test it myself.

I'll always love my zerk though, have done since I started him 5 years ago.
    Healious likes this.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Hey now, leave bruisers out of this! I get grps just fine! :p
    Healious likes this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Might check beta notes ;)

Heals that scale infinitely not only present balance issues, but they also present server performance issues.
  17. Healious Active Member

These have been around forever and now all of a sudden it contributes substantially enough lag to Nerf Berzerkers and Clerics? The lag hasn't bad until the last year or so. Not buying it. Maybe they should fix the actual problems. Ticking AEs pulse damage etc. etc. etc. Or god forbid upgrading servers. And If you think Divine Guidance contributes to a class balance issue, You obviously don't play a Cleric much.
  18. Vunder Well-Known Member

Class balancing issue with DG? Naw. Look at shamans for OP. Can go through any green zone with just using SS and Group ward and dps the rest. Carried a tank in Yellow armor through RoM and HH last night, actually had to use my single target wards, but the heals are still drastically OP compared to other priests. Bring back ToV level of complication on heailng. I loved my shaman then. Not anymore, it's not a challenge. Ive rolled an inquisitor because its much harder to heal on him than any other priest I have.
  19. Vunder Well-Known Member

Poor bruisers.....they do just as good as anyone else. Had one tanking for a green rotation on Sat. tossed in a sin/ranger/ (crazy*** beastlord that knew what he was doing) and dirge. One of the best pugs ive been in since AoM launched. Bruiser never lost agro and restored my faith in them.
    Tharrakor and Belenos like this.
  20. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah bruisers are great when you learn em. Also brawler and dirge is a killer combo in scout grps such as the one u were in :)