Zerker Changes

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by xkrisx, Apr 5, 2015.

1. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Berserker Battle Frenzy may now only trigger once every .5 seconds.
    Blood Rage may now only trigger once every .2 seconds.
    The stoneskin portion of Perseverance may now only trigger once a second.

Will this change the Public Opinion of Zerkers being Overpowered with there healing abilitie and do you think it will hinder current survivability for most.

I have a zerk and play him but I do not nearly know enough about the class as a whole to determine if this will severely hinder the Zerks survivability. So, asking for a general consensus.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Severly no! A little bit? Sure! This will mostly just hinder Zerks from pulling entire dungeons of trash and go afk. Zerks will still be badass tanks after these changes and might still outheal their priests in certain fights.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

Hit the nail perfectly. ='(
    Tharrakor likes this.
  4. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me, like I said, I play a Zerker on occasion but my Main is a bruiser. My zerk is raid geared and such but I am able to tank anything he can and I have more fun doing it. The Zerk was created to show a guild member how Over Powered they were last expac and I never bothered to learn them in and out lol. I just know I can push 3 buttons and never die.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  5. Bruwin New Member

I've been telling my guildmates since the beginning of last xpac that zerkers were going to get nerfed, and now we finally have. And you know what? This doesn't really hurt much except for pulling a billion trash in a group zone and then wandering off to make a sandwich. Zerkers are in a really good place with the amount of damage reduction we can reach. The heals on top of that were way over the top for most situations. If these changes hurt our ability to tank a few raid bosses, then chances are other tanks struggle with them as well, and maybe they should be rebalanced with the idea that a raid won't just bring in a zerker to hold adds.
    azcn2503 and xkrisx like this.
  6. Genghes Active Member

In raids it won't change a thing
  7. azcn2503 Active Member

I'm glad of this change. I honestly can't see it affecting my gameplay much. Battle Frenzy has always been an "uh oh I'm actually taking damage" ability, and that probably won't change. It will still trigger twice a second, which is plenty when you have a million health, at least it's fine for me as a solo/duo player since the damage I'm taking in advanced solo pales in comparison to the heal value. Adrenaline seems unchanged so that's good, I use it quite often, and that combined with the Adrenal Flow heal which will still trigger 5 times every second will probably heal back to full on large fights.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Also, Adrenaline combined with gutroar will result in full health with enough mobs on ya. Zerkers are very hard to kill.
  9. Eclipsed Member

We never get to use our healing anyway in 99% of situations. A good shaman or templar shuts down any opportunity to heal ourselves. As a tanking mechanic this is outdated anyway.
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

What this is going to change after reviewing parses for the last day or two, is a Zerks ability to Duel Wield with DPS Jewelry and parse among the T2 DPS and still survive while tanking encounters.

Taking Molten Pools for example. Our tank runs the zone in DPS Gear and Duel Wielding.
    On Kerridicus Searskin, he self heals for around 125K to 170k HPS.
    His average procs p/second for his self healing abilities are 8 p/sec on Fenzy and 6 p/sec on Adrenal Flow.
    On Beta, he would be missing a boatload of Frenzy Procs and a slight decrease to Adrenal Flow.

Will it hurt his over all ability, no, cause Zerks still are amazing and have DP's for days and Damage Reduction out the wazoo, but it will hurt there " Fun Times " in raid lol.
  11. Healious Active Member

Leave Zerkers alone! go fix an actual problem.
    Kittybock likes this.
  12. Brightlyz Active Member

In raid 125k-170k is fluff healing anyway, with around 3mill hp its not gonna change anything. Heroic is diff story, could be harder to room pull without solid healer. This is just speculation, just recently got my zerk to 100 and i reserve the right to be totally wrong.
  13. Bruwin New Member

That's 125k to 170k heals per second, which is far from fluff heals. It's honestly like having an extra healer on the raid solely focused on one person. I've personally survived pulls where my healers have died. And I've definitely had trash pulls where I've rivaled our top healers on the parse. I'm a bit sad that I'm losing that god-like ability to survive anything as long as I've got enough things hitting me, but it's really been a very long time coming. And the changes honestly won't hurt zerkers on anything but mass trash pulls.
  14. Brightlyz Active Member

Maybe fluff is the wrong word choice. What i mean is the heals weren't needed, would never know they happened without the parse. Sure u can argue that blah blah shty healers blah. The game isn't balanced around shty healers, although it should be from what I've experienced since comming back lol .
  15. duckster Active Member

Zerks could use a little bump in HP as they currently have the lowest of all the tanks. Just an afterthought to reading this small nerf to them(mainly for heroics, where it will hurt most).
    Kittybock and Azian like this.
  16. Azian Well-Known Member

Hrm, most folks seem to be of the opinion that this won't change much. I'm not sure I can agree...

dropping down to...

is pretty significant. Testing is certainly needed to really give a solid answer but Battle Frenzy is losing a HUGE amount of it's potential here and it's one of our best abilities.
  17. Talathionwins Active Member

Are these real changes? If So:

Developers have no clue how the game works as usual. Breaking every berserker ability in the game with ICDs.

This is a huge nerf. To bad I don't play or care to play the game anymore. - This is pretty much the final nail in the coffin, never coming back again to do any real serious content.

Honestly - if this was done a long time ago when the game was still serious i'd agree, however the class was balanced around this. If your going to do this you need to buff the Zerker Significantly. It completely relies on procs, and putting a nail on those procs is like putting a nail on their coffin.
  18. Healious Active Member

If this change goes through, just remove the class all together and make Zerkers Gaurdians. The whole point of rolling a zerker is to be able to pull the most mobs out of all the Tanks in game. As has already been stated this nerf has little effect when raid tanking. This is not a small nerf and I cannot see the point in it.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this is aggressive enough of a delay, but it will require zerkers to be a little less face roll when mass tanking (raids or heroics)

Hardly class breaking as some chicken little's are screaming.
  20. Jamming New Member

I can't understand why only nerf brserker.
    I have already cancell billing of All Access. and I would quit EQ2 when these changes are applied to live server.