WorldRanger chat channel - All Ranger, All the Time :)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Jay42, Oct 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-theorbell Guest

Finally joined channel and so happy to see familiar names very active there. My only "complaint" is the channel is so active sometimes, i can't possibly pay attention to everything going on there. Feel like i'm missing out on some good conversations. Hopefully i'll find more time to interact with you guys - my guild members are jealous that our class seems to have a world channel that is useful.
  2. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I agree Rela, I've actually had to force myself to ignore it sometimes (living through a fight a little more important :p). But it is great to catch up while waiting for group (or a rez)
  3. ARCHIVED-JaggNomrad Guest

HAHA! and I thought I was the only one with this problem. Can't concentrate on the mobs.
  4. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

*smacks herself so she stops forgetting to join*
  5. ARCHIVED-theorbell Guest

<smacks Gwyneth so she stops forgetting to join like Rela did> =)
  6. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Great to see you out there last night, Rela :)
    It's been a blast talking with you guys in-game... we're all doing different things in different zones at different levels, and it's really interesting hearing what everyone's up to. Plus it's great to catch up with friends and chat about current issues (the "overpowered" thread, for instance) and stuff like that. I assume we'll have some lively discussion on LU15 tonight. :p
    Hehe, last night's raids proved Rela's point - it's hard to turn away from ranger chat sometimes, but a quick "ooops, raid starting, BBL" and I was gone. I have this channel on my main tab though, y'all get top priority. :)
    Hope to see more of you on the channel soon, just type /join Butcherblock.WorldRanger to subscribe.
    Peace!
    Message Edited by Jay42 on 11-02-2005 09:47 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-KnightOfTheWord Guest

There are other Rangers in this game? I thought I was the only one left! :smileysurprised:

Definitely will be joining up, I'm on Mistmoore. It would be great to be part of a Ranger channel, especially to meet some of the famous Rangers I see posting on the boards here...maybe get some autographs...:smileyhappy:

Looking forward to seeing you guys in game. :smileyhappy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Taubin Guest

I will most definetly be joining once I get back in game... I look forword to hearing and talking to some of my fellow rangers.
  9. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

I did discover something the other night that everyone else might already know. The originating server can share links with the rest of the servers but the "children" servers can't do it back. I hope this clears up whatever for those of you who were without a clue, like me :)

And I will add my 'ditto" about how great it is to be speaking to you guys live. I was actually stunned when I realized I was talking to Zho the other night. It took Kae calling her Cat before I made the connection, even though I could full well see her whole name.

I look forward to being able to answer any questions the lowers may have as well as learning from those who have already been. Maybe the lowers will teach me a thing or two I've yet to learn also.
  10. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

OMG, I forgot to join this channel :smileysurprised:

I cant believe it...lmao. Whoops! I will join tonight most definately.

Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with things going on :smileytongue:

Peace Health and Happiness
  11. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Last night was hilarious... Zho wanted to go to bed, but I locked the door and we wouldn't let her go... she actually says "but guys... c'mon... I'm all sleepy and stuff!" We relented once I pointed out that we pretty much get to keep her all throughout the workday anyway. Too funny. ;)
    Thanks again to all for participating, this channel has really added a new dimension to the game for me. You people rock.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

That was hilarious...and this channel is more than I had hoped it would be. It sort of feels like I'm in two guilds now...definitely a product of the community which we all have worked very hard to build.

Edit: Sheesh, I gotta get used to the new formatting.

Message Edited by Zholain on 10-26-2005 11:46 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

EDIT: see below. Stupid forum software.

Message Edited by Jay42 on 10-26-200512:33 PM
    Message Edited by Jay42 on 10-26-2005 12:33 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

EDIT: see below. Stupid forum software.
    Message Edited by Jay42 on 10-26-200512:32 PM
    Message Edited by Jay42 on 10-26-2005 12:32 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

I totally agree on the 'two guilds' thing. It's like we have a ranger guild of our own, in a way. And you being all sleepy and acting like you really couldn't leave without our permission was hilarious and very cute.

You guys don't know how much I'm coming to rely on this community. Things have been a lot harder lately for a variety of reasons, and the ranger cameraderie is one of the things that really adds some much-needed positivity to the game. Thanks again to all of you.
  16. ARCHIVED-Iindiwento Guest

Hey all.
    Im pretty new to the forums here. But im gonna join this channel when i get home. You all seem like a really nice bunch, and im looking forward to meeting you all.
    If anyone is interested, im currently a level 53 ranger from Splitpaw server.
  17. ARCHIVED-brandi7920 Guest

Bah! I keep forgetting to join till I get to work the next day and sign into the forums. :smileyindifferent:
    I have got to remember to sign up!!! I would love to be able to talk to you guys live!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

So, let me get this straight, anyone can join, no matter what server they are on? Even me on Runy<crash>eye? And all I have to do is type that thing above?
  19. ARCHIVED-Iindiwento Guest

Well, im on Splitpaw, the other EU-English server, and i have no problems with it...

And yeah, just need to type /join Butcherblock.Worldranger
  20. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Yeah, that's why it's called a "global" or "world" channel - it's accessible from any server. In fact, every user-created channel is accessible from any server using the same syntax: /join <server>.<channel>
    Been fun lately, but Cat's been strangely absent. Maybe she's gone AWOL? Cuz I certainly didn't approve any vacation request. ;) Or maybe she just makes like me and moves or disables the channel when it goes off into uber stats comparisons. :p