WorldRanger chat channel - All Ranger, All the Time :)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Jay42, Oct 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Hey all,
    I created a channel called WorldRanger the other day - for rangers, by rangers, etc. :) To join it, type /join Butcherblock.WorldRanger. (I don't think I set a password...)

There aren't any real parameters for using this channel, other than keeping it constructive, mature, and positive. I'd like us to use it to ask questions, share information, compare tactics, trade suggestions, link cool items, and so on.

Hope to see people using it soon; send a tell to me (/tell Butcherblock.Kaeros) if you have any questions or problems joining up.
  2. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

That is just too cool! I cant wait to chat and find out what some of the other servers are like. I have all of my char.s on Faydark (though in all honesty, I dont play any of them like I do my ranger...with the exception of my 25 Templar named Roboto.).

Very nice Jay42...very nice indeed...you shall have my first born. :smileytongue:
  3. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

I fully expect you to remind the BB rangers channel of this (even tho it is pretty quiet)
  4. ARCHIVED-Tevf Guest

Hehe ill join this channel even if its only to chat away with you lot, probl will turn it of from time to time though when time is needed to focus:)
  5. ARCHIVED-meest03 Guest

Already a populated World Ranger channel on Guk..... dont think i'll join another one... don't want to many tab's... Just though i'd let people know that haven't dug to far back in the fourms... guk.worldranger
  6. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Yeah, meant to do that last night. I just subscribe to BB Scouts channel, not Rangers specifically, but I'll announce it wherever. :p

Actually chatted with a few ppl last night, it was cool to see a folks out there. This could definitely be a helpful resource, I've already had a few things clarified that were useful. Just being able to get a quick quote on CA damage or a recommendation for Master II choices is worthwhile.
  7. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

Heh... I have them all up... so little chatter on them anyway...

I'll forgive you for not mentioning it, I played my chanter last night... LOL
  8. ARCHIVED-Galdor Guest

Sorry, but there is already a Worldranger Channel :p

Here is the post

Channel: guk.worldranger

Why should we start 2 channels? :smileysad:
  9. ARCHIVED-King Leoric Guest

Yes, there is that first world ranger channel that was made some time ago. However I would not suggest going on it. I went on it when it was first created some time ago and it was dead quiet alot of the time. And the times it wasn't dead all you got to read were some hippocritical comments by who I think was the creator; Vindail. The reason why I say he was a hippocrit is this. He went on to complain about a priest who posted on forums saying how he can get his strength higher than any scout (of cousre he can thats what he does). Than he went on to say how he hates how people talk about how good they are and that he was glad that this priest was guild removed. Than not 10 minutes later Vindail went on to say to another ranger in the channel that he was in fact the "best geared ranger" and he had all the best "unbuffed stats". Now call me crazy but isn't this someone saying how good they are???? So, at that point I couldn't take reading all the BS anymore and left the channel and haven't been on since. Now im not sure if it's any different now or if the people talk about anything useful so feel free to try it out. just dont expect it to be great.

Leoric
    Level 60 ranger.
  10. ARCHIVED-Konthek Guest

Im on it, it seems perfectly fine nothing to complain about. As far as Vindail saying them things, whether he did or not its ok to if he doesnt lie and from what you posted he didnt. Its on honest statement depending on how one took it, it can be viewed as bragging, and i can see where you would think this, i prolly would too if i didnt know he was the best geared ranger.
  11. ARCHIVED-King Leoric Guest

THats not the point I was making. It was about being hippocritical. And your saying if it's true than it doesn't matter. THat there is a matter of opinion in it'self. Cuz ya, it's true a priest will be able to buff his STR higher than a scout becasue that is what their class does. Theres something to be said for modesty though.
    Leoric
    Level 60 ranger
  12. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

No need to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong. :)
    As for 'why,' well... why not? This isn't a question of 'should;' it's done, and we've been having a great time talking with each other already. Join it if you want, and if you'd rather not, then don't. I'm not trying to get every ranger in the game on any one channel, I'm just providing a medium for folks that want to use it.
    Had a blast chatting with Zholain, Terje, Aroumon, and many others last night. Thanks to everyone who's been participating so far, hope to see more of you out there soon! I can see this being a huge community-builder for the ranger class, and it's very cool to be able to chat with you folks in-game. Thanks and good hunting to you ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

When I went to that post to read about the chat channel that already existed...the thread was saying they did not want low level Rangers on there so they "would not have to hear noob questions repeatedly...what do these arrows do?" and things along those lines. Personally, I enjoy helping people in the ways I am able to...I dont think that I would want to join a chat channel that would not have helped me when I needed it soley because of my level. Dont like the idea behind that one. Too elitist for me...but that is one persons opinion and it is not a a big deal. There could be 50 channels...I dont care. I will take the one with the most traffic chat and friendly people.

Peace Health and Happiness
  14. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

That's exactly why I never joined that channel. When it was created, I was already in my mid-40's, I think, but the younger rangers are just as important to the well-being of our subclass as the top tier players are. I refuse to utilize something that excludes certain people simply because they haven't reached the upper echelon of the game. That's not the kind of community we want on this forum board, and not the kind of community that I want to be a part of in chat.

So.. :p to any exclusionary crap.

I had fun chatting with you all last night. And I have no idea what level most of the participants were. I will be on this channel regularly. It added a new dimension to the game for me.
  15. ARCHIVED-JaggNomrad Guest

I look forward to signing up and chatting with ya'll. The other ranger "chat" channel was definantly not something I would want to be apart of. Boo hoo if I am not 50, a world wide ranger channel is to help all our brother and sister Rangers at any level. Putting restrictions is just plain stupid, what are you going to converse about? Who had the highest Melee hit? Best Armor? It needs to be ree-named to Uber Ranger Channel, and to let the REAL Worldwide Ranger Channel take over.
    Kudos to ya Jay, Would be nice to chat with fellow rangers from time to time.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Ditto Saihung, Zho, and Jagg... most of you fine people know me pretty well, and you probably know I like helping people and looking out for the class as a whole, especially the up-and-coming rangers. They're the ones that need the support and assistance the most. The other channel seemed to be more geared towards end-game discussion and raiding - I don't know if it was meant to be elitist or not, but I just created this channel b/c I wanted to provide a resource to all rangers for any questions / issues / discussion related to our class. Or not related at all. ;)
    This isn't meant to be a popularity contest. Just use whichever channel you enjoy, whether it's because of the environment, the people, the discussion, etc. Like I said, the only things I ask for the channel I created are that we keep it constructive, fun, positive, and generally mature. (Humorous immaturity is encouraged, tho.) Please: no drama, no bragging, no b!tchery, no "I'm better than you" crap - keep it in tells if you need to compete or argue with each other. This channel is meant to further the spirit of friendly collaboration and solidarity that has grown between many of us here on the forums. Hope to see you there. :D
    (Jagg and Saihung, if we don't see you there sometime this weekend, I'm gonna... uh... well.. okay nvm.)
  17. ARCHIVED-Tevilspek Guest

Very nice! Will sign on with my Ranger when I get online.
    Had a laugh at the other thread too hehe.
  18. ARCHIVED-JaggNomrad Guest

LOL, I will be joining up tonight! Will be nice to actually have a conversation with other Rangers =)
  19. ARCHIVED-GrayStorm Guest

No! My channel is better! Join Neriak.BestWorldRangerChannel
    Ha ha, it doesn't exist. I'm just in a stupid mood today hehe.
    I'll join the guk and bb channels and look forward to bs'ing with u all.
  20. ARCHIVED-brandi7920 Guest

This sounds awesome! I look forward to signing up when I get home from work! I believe this will be a very useful and fun channel!

Thanks!