Why nerf on Hurricane?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Zamla1770, Nov 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Quazaris Guest

Well, now that the numbers are out. I sure would like to see a lil posty by Lock again. Would love to hear where they got that 44% number from. My first guess is they put the numbers 20-60 in a hat and thats what they pulled out. And least thats what I hope they did. because it would be a shame if thats the number thay came up with after putting thought into it.

Rogan
    Lavastorm
  2. ARCHIVED-ftshark Guest

I'm glad I wasted a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing pearl on this peice of [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] CA. I'm so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]in sick of this [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] SOE!!! 44% give me a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing break, that sucks donkey [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. Goto hell SOE.
    Message Edited by ftshark on 11-10-2005 10:02 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Debunkt Guest

Can anyone confirm Hurricane has a chance to proc with every swing now? As opposed to just the primary weapon, it seems like the dps would even out. Half the chance to proc but now both hands can proc so theoretically it is the same? :smileymad:
  4. ARCHIVED-Rooksarii Guest

These changes are exactly what they should not have done to the Swashbuckler. Though folks who post on these forums are a small minority of the overall EQ community, they could have easily see that an overwhelming majority of the Swashbucklers here were happy for once with their class.
    I can understand tweaks here and there, but something as severe as an art's effective percentage cut in half? That ruins the ability in my mind. Added on to the increase in agro as a whole, we are slowly seeping back into the ether as far as our group usefulness.
    Some absolutes (or as close as you can come to them) are to be granted. We are not supposed to do the raw DPS of Predators, we are not supposed to have the overall utility of Bards. But I see very little beneficial and a slew of indifferent and negative in this update for us. I think we can all agree that we don't want to be the solo/group/dps/agro/tanking gods, we just want to jive in the game as a whole...and jive these changes do not.
  5. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Looks like it was intended to make Hurricane and Hail of Steel useless, as that's what these nerfs did.
  6. ARCHIVED-Red Forest Guest

Yar. I'm not happy, meself, on the LU16 changes more specifically with the Hurricane nerf. And I was so happy with how they revamped the swashbuckler... just as where we should've been.
    Here's to another disgruntled swashbuckler.
    Cheers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zamla1770 Guest

So I ask why did swashs get a pretty big dmg nerf?
    Look at the dmg tier we are in:

Brigs, was simular in dps, swashs could peak higher but over all simular. Swashs had a cituational dps peak and brigs have better debuffs. As for ranged Swashs got all ranged and Brigs got the abil to fight in AE.
    Over all a good ide say, Brigs got the defining skill of AE imunity (cept when targeted), Swashs were good at fights with many mobs with the 2 AE CA´s and hurricane, and for ranged swashs got ok dps throu one CA and the special skill Hail of steel.

Necros usualy higher dps then swashs, mainly due to the strong dps of the pet, that btw tanks. Necros beeing way better soloers and better grp dps, what to say here, well Necros have it better but i sure dont wanna be a caster.

Now Swashs lost dps on big grps with mobs, and lost a big bit of the abil to peek (cituational, remember this well, we cant use hurricane when mobs are mezzed and when we risk getting non aggro adds) dps throu hurricane and inspired daring and with the hate gain on Hail of steel we lost ouer ok ranged dps. What defining skills do we have now? Swashs have pretty much lost one dps tier and we all know we dont have that much to bring to a grp or a raid but dps and some debuffs, and wow we did have one good thing to bring in to a raid, we could transfer aggro, so offcourse we got that nerfed...

SOE want Swashs to be bland, nothing special in anything? nor realy wanted-needed in grps or raids, this really looks like taking stepps back to where swashs where before combat rewamp, and its just sad.

What was it the that set of the nerf bat? I think the cituational abil to peek dps on large encounters, and the fact that u can get high dps when theres a lot of mobs in a encounter. Counting DPS that way is just wrong, why not count dps done / mob, you would find that the % dmg the swash does on the main mob is much lower then the % on the total encounter, Swashs where supposed to be good at large encounters, why go back on that based on one way to count dps. And for that matter why nerf swash large encounter dps at all, warlocks, the large encounter fighter in tier 1 is so faar ahead of a swash its like a joke.

All so wrong SOE...
  8. ARCHIVED-PallorTheSilent Guest

Hey Locke.....
    Now that you nerfed hurricane in half.
    Can you just remove hurricane from swashbucklers and give us Amazing Reflexes (Brigand anti AoE CA) ??
    I would love to be able to stay in on epic mobs, while they do massive AoE damage, instead of jousting for a change.
  9. ARCHIVED-Red Forest Guest

It seems like everyone here agrees. Let's do what we can to get some attention here!

/feedback /feedback /feedback

Cheers!
  10. ARCHIVED-Vobe Guest

You have no idea how much I would rather have Amazing Reflexes. I can not see how these two combat arts can be considered comprable level 52 abilities. This ability gives Brigands a huge advantage over all other scouts when in raids.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gyilok Guest

this pointless whining will never result in anyone getting aoe avoidance, but nerf brigands more (thanks to you and other [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ups we got the hate gain increase tripled)
    yes, hurrican might have taken a numerical decrease, but the proc rate on dw weapons has increased, and even if that is an overall proc decrease for you its more like to 60ish% and not 44 probably, a 88% proc rate is only a tiny bit away from 100% in reality so not really suited for the game
    brigands were given aoe avoidance for almost having zero abilities for aoe damage dealing and ranged fighting, you got the tools to be effective in both
    if you were given amazing reflexes and the big 1min ae, hurricane and hail of steel were taken away, you would whine for your lack of ae and ranged dps probably
    Message Edited by Gyilok on 11-11-2005 03:37 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

I for one will not whine about another classes abilities and skills just to get swashies fixed, we should be fixed without having to get another class nerfed, thank you assassins for carrying on about us so much that we got a severe slapping with the nerf bat, come on everyone, petition to get your own class fixed, not to get another class nerfed, these are the classes that you have to group and raid with, making them weaker only makes the end game harder.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zamla1770 Guest

Gyilok, in a long fight I parsed yesterday (my total dmg in that fight was 250 000) the dmg % of wep proc was 0,95 %. Less then 1%, thats nothing and will not in any way ofset the "cut % in half" nerf on hurricane.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gyilok Guest

you got it wrong, its not about the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ty gleaming strike proc, its the smallest part of overall damage usually, but according to you, if you hadnt have it, you would have had 1% less dmg,
    all procs, like the proc from audacious advance, poison etc, and your guys hurricane procing on ae fights 8which was not rare obviously), its all increased on dw-s compared to before lu16 rates
    you will notice a decrease on the times you proc hurricane, but not the decrease what the rough 88-44 difference would predict
  15. ARCHIVED-okc0r Guest

The hurricane nerf from 75 to 38(adept 1) is unwanted and unneeded. Remove this nerf.
    The cheap shot reduced from 6 seconds to 2 seconds is unwanted and unneded. Remove this nerf.

No one was complaining about Swashbucklers being too powerful. The other classes were as delighted as us that we finally had a "trademark" skill that could be used.

Sure it gave us something to enjoy using.... if you're going to nerf it just take it out entirely and give me one of the other classes "ancient teachings" please. I'll take any of them.

So far i've received two rarely used ancient teachings--Hail of Steel(only used when fighting the eye in pp) and Hurricane! Give me a stun or something i'll take that! You can make it last 3 seconds if you want! Or how about a stun that would work on a heroic mob?~ I can mez them why can't i stun them.
    Thanks SOE.
  16. ARCHIVED-Earl_Of_Bronze Guest

After having a solid night of T6 raiding in Silent City, I can confirm Hurricane now has very little use.

At adept 3... Hurricane proc being 44% and agility being ~280... I "periodically" saw it proc. Because it proc's so rarely now, I must remove it from any damage dealing strategy.

At this point, I wouldn't mind having the brigands much more useful AoE avoidance art.
  17. ARCHIVED-Admundforth Guest

errr Wrong i dont know where the hell you got this bs from.
    lets get something strait here - Hurrican Proced an AE ( frontal arc ) from the Primary and only the Primary weapon
    now it rarly if ever [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] procs ( solo testing and group runs in poets and roost confirmed this for me personally)
    they might as well remove it and increase the dmg on our other AE's by 50 -75% or reduce the timers by half
  18. ARCHIVED-Debunkt Guest

And you know this because you play a Swash or regularly group with a Swash and have parsed the fights to prove it?
    I don't agree with the increased hate gain on Amazing Reflexes and don't agree with the huge reduction on our Hurricane proc. But rather than fix the Assassins they nerf rogues.
  19. ARCHIVED-deaks Guest

Hurricane always seemed like an odd addition, after all its Rampage-like powers such as this that unbalance the Berserker damage output -- why add another? Give the Swashies something new, something useful, and something that they can keep w/o fearing a swing of the nerf bat; we can get behind that.

Good luck.
  20. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Because Hurricane for rogues was NOT unbalanced. It's what helped move us above the tanks for DPS. Even with Hurricane before, we were not beating predators.

They fix Assassins by nerfing the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] out of all the other classes. This is typical of SOE. They have always fixed things like this. It's been done that way since EQ1. Nerf everyone else to fix a class.