Why are BL's so OP?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Dyche, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Veta Well-Known Member

I've stated that I don't know how many times, just using different words.

Edit: Beastlords were changed during ToT to have the +30% boost scouts did at the time as well as a rework to their mythical buff. Their myth buff now also increases the damage, ward, heal amount of all primals by 20%, each level of the stance buff gives an extra base modifier up to 18%, being the VI rank - example is Feral Rampage 6. The myth buff also boosts the base damage multiplier by 15% for all abilities when the target is below 15% hp. The reduced cost and the pet crit bonus procs were there previously. Like I said previously, beastlords weren't as noticed because players didn't play them as much. Once people started posting parses, it was easy to see the class is top tier.
    Kioske likes this.
  2. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Fixed. Blasphemer.
  3. Jenkzz Member

I was the original OP inqi, followed by that scrub avirodar...
  4. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

About time you came to reclaim the title, then, isn't it?
  5. Zelox7 Member

just stop LOL
  6. Jenkzz Member

That sounds like an invite to app! I dunno, I'M sure my Plane of War inqi gear will carry me to victory..
    Azeren likes this.
  7. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

That was absolutely an invitation to app! And 6 months ago I was in ToV inqy gear, you don't need potency to verdict like a champion :p
  8. Jenkzz Member

Rated said my inqi is a guild killer....
  9. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Nobody listens to rated.
    Azeren and Jenkzz like this.
  10. Whiomaju Member

You are correct with rangers being lost without their pet.

I don't like the left side spec personally; too often the increments do not proc from the stealth assaults so you have to compensate with more stealth attacks - then when you do reach 12 you have nothing to cast, you sit there watching your nice Pot spike and your hitters are down (messed up FFU), or something else happens in the fight so you can't take advantage of it. You end up with too much tricky work for too little return in most fights.

When we had the reset rune on 30 secs I felt we could keep up with the BL's (pre Epic 2), but then the reset rune was nerfed. The reset effect + Shadow Agent (on long timer) we got with Epic 2 fail to make up for the loss, plus make for more tedious play. Predator's CAs have been watered down by stat inflation and this was camouflaged at the beginning of the expac when we reached CB cap + had the reset rune to help our hitters along. Now, post Epic 2, with nothing substantial to keep us going in between the hitters, and the hitters hitting less often, Assassins can't keep up.

But tbf, left side spec might be much more interesting with a 30 sec reset rune ;).
    VGScastaway likes this.
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

12. Konc3pt Active Member

i wish i could have 4 inqs in raid
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Noxius Influx (Left side spec) only procs from Elem/Nox spells. It will not proc as Etherealist or Geomancer. Draw from the Void procs just fine. Though for him to say it is anywhere near as good as the conj/Necro pets, might be quite the stretch. The only thing "good" about it is that you can spoof it with a brew, but I'm sure that will be nerfed one of these days.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Koko has been proven wrong several times. Saying you're right, even in the face of facts showing you that you are wrong, does not make you right. Always remember, the math might not make sense to you, because it barely makes sense to the devs. If the math made sense to the devs, it would be simple to keep the balance. Just because you throw a couple of equations out there does not mean you have all the factors. There are plenty of "behind the scenes" factors that the dev crew of this game, since it's inception, have not revealed to the player base.

Also, base values absolutely changed. Also, the reset rune was changed dramatically, which changed the predator/sorcerer DPS output dramatically. Of their own admittance, the reset rune didn't even do anything positive for a beastlord. (I disagree with that fact) Also, tithe changed. Also, the further pot goes up, the more the 5% base potency increase helps a BL.

The only thing you proved in that previous thread was that an assassin could beat a beastlord for the 30 seconds the shadow was up. The difference is, the sin needs the shadow to edge the BL during the FFU chain, while the shadow is down, the BL's DPS doesn't change but the Sin's DPS absolutely changes. When the reset rune was every 30 seconds, an assassin could compete against a beastlord.

To say "BLs are trash compared to assassins" proves that you no longer play the game and you need to stop acting like your input matters.
  15. Kielex Well-Known Member

Yet I would like to see the best assassin try to outburst the best beastlord in a 30 second fight.
  16. Rondo9 Active Member

Depends on who gets the best hit of Ethershadow in as to who wins these days.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  17. Kielex Well-Known Member

What really bothers me is that a brigand's double up doesn't double up ascension abilities while a beastlord's Truespirit's Ferocity's 20% base potency does apply to ascension abilities. Just. nerf. truespirit's. ferocity. and. savage. defiance. base. increases.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

And make sure that damage of hawk and planewalker adjusted correspondently and we all be happy
    Kielex likes this.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Let be clear on this
    Savage Ally (after tuning down) DO NOT add anywhere near 30% to BL damage at GM level. Heck they probably not even adding 20% (if you speced as Etheralist not sure if this hold candle also for geomancer)
  20. Entropy Well-Known Member

My dumbfires are consistently 8-9% of my parse on sustained fights. Much higher on a 12 second ludicrous-burst kill, obviously.
    DoomDrake likes this.