Where are the caster & priest Darkpaw ranged items?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Barwyn, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Barwyn Member

Are you trying to drive casters and priests to leave the game. You must be.

Add a new camp and still no ranged item that doesn't require minted masquerade masks to purchase.

Why did you add a ranged item that mele classes and not for casters nor priests?
    Beee likes this.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I know casters can only get a 1 handed weapon and so far no offhand or ranged. I hope they change it or do something else. I don't really group so mask's are out of the question. Add to that, all the issues I am reading on the forums about the mask's drop rates, they really need to fix that for the people who want gear from this.
  3. Barwyn Member

My issue is they added a bow and no ranged at the same time. Bad decision IMO. I for one feel slighted and am starting to get fed up. Why do they keep driving people away from the game like this?
  4. Barwyn Member

Makes me wonder if they bother reading the forums or the feedback messages they receive
    Raeven likes this.
  5. BobLoblaw New Member

If it is a mage/scout dps balaning issue...just say so. If it is an oversight/mistake...just say so. If it is a "screw you"...just say so. But just say something. Let us know that (a) you are listening and (b) you understand the wants and needs of your customers. You have to understand that leaving non-raiding mages and priests out of the prize pool here is a big issue, right?
    Raeven and GrunEQ like this.
  6. axxis32 Member

I was checking out 3 camps, and I saw wands now, that was previously not there. Problem is, they are just like the crossbows... costs those masked coins too.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's actually a "There are 18 camps being introduced through September and players have no actual patience because they know some classes will be geared up before they can even though the annual cycle means all of it is for nothing" issue.
  8. BobLoblaw New Member

If you will allow me a rebuttal:

The "annual cycle" is all the more reason that the non-mask wand needs to be released now and not in (as late as) September as you suggest. What is the point of getting it at the end of an expansion? In terms of "some classes will be geared up before they can" argument, as mentioned above this affect non-raiders, and especially solo players. What do we care about other classes beating us on the parse? Finally, as to the "patience" argument, I have been waiting patiently since Gninja (seemed to me at least) acknowledged the lack of a wand comparable to the FFS non-mask bow needed fixed:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...p-why-are-we-still-waiting-for-a-wand.614660/
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I had to wait for the Innoruuk camp to open up just so I could finally get a non-mask Weary Protection weapon for my monk.

I had to wait this long just as the topic poster had to wait this long before finally getting fed up. I didn't get fed up, because I largely don't care about always being the best with the top gear for as long as possible.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

So you had to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow, so everyone else should too?
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  11. Evilary Well-Known Member

I've been gone for a long time and this is my first year back still. Last September the Game Update dropped and had new dungeon's that had gear drops that were better than the regular drops from the rest of the expansion. If the spring Game update does this as well, won't it potentially give us another upgrade of gear that will beat out what we are getting now? If so, will it make the gear that's been released so far on the deity vendors moot.

Basically what I'm asking, if the game update releases better gear, then what's the point of waiting till september for what would potentially be worse gear by then?
    Dude likes this.
  12. Barwyn Member

Easy fix. Take off the masks and make the price the same as the bows. Simple Devs? Yes?
    Dude and Beee like this.
  13. Barwyn Member

No this gear is designed to get you high enough resolve to get high enough resolve to start doing heroic group content including raiding if you put the time in to get it.

The Issue here is they put in a ranged item usable by fighters and scouts using normal dark paw rewards and didn't put anything in for the casters and priests. There is a wand they put in that you buy with the same tokens used for the bow plus several very rare tokens.

Being simple minded, if you give a ranged (bow) for fighters and scouts, they should have also at the same time added a ranged item for casters and priests that cost the same amount of tokens. Fair for 1 fair for all. Not a hard concept.... At least I didn't think it was.
  14. Barwyn Member

Or you could add masks as a requirement to buy the bow .... piss off the entire gave vs 1/2 of us.
  15. Solisnight Member

There was a Dev response on Discord about this, Wands with Mask requirements were the only items that could be brought in early. Without the Masks may be June or July

Also I am unsure if the Morningstar is actually correctly flagged with Wary Protection, as it isn't a Fist/2H Weapon, so Monks/Bruiser/Beastlord May still need to get the Cestus or Claws for Wary and Fighters are flagged for needing a Shield so Zerks may also be out of luck.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

In July we will have the 200 masks too ;-)
  17. Barwyn Member

Point is you can buy a ranged bow now without masks. Either take bow out, make bow cost masks or put in now a ranged item for casters and priests. Shouldn't put one in for 1/2 the game classes and leave the other 1/2 out in the cold.
  18. Barwyn Member

Guess I'm just simple minded. add a ranged item for fighters and scouts for x amount at the same time add a ranged item for mages and priests for the same amount. guess it's an insane idea.
  19. Barwyn Member

Guess I can just wait till November there is bound to be better gear then :)
  20. Barwyn Member

It amazes me that more casters don't seem to care about this. Makes me sad that the devs don't say hey we added a ranged item for priests and casters was an over site on my part.