Where are the caster & priest Darkpaw ranged items?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Barwyn, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Barwyn Member

This is like me bring one toy home for just 1 of my 2 grand children telling the other don't worry and stop your crying, I'll bring you your one day (or never).

Who cares that scouts and fighters have 20 more resolve that us lowly casters so unless you are a power feed groups don't want us since scouts with higher resolve do more DPS ....

They get ranged. I want ranged for the same cost.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  2. Bakual Member

Honestly, it isn't worth the time to get upset. While the masks are rare, it's not impossible to get them.
    I've got already 20 of them and didn't do a single raid or H3 zone.
  3. Barwyn Member

Not crying about anything. Masks are uber rare I'm sure that most people agree with that.. That is not the point!

The point is ... They added a ranged item for 1/2 the population without adding a ranged item that my Necro or any of my casters can use.

Either add one or take the bow out. Should have added one for all classes or none at all.
  4. Escape Goat Member

Im sure if you keep bumping your own thread you'll get a response from a dev.
    vlada likes this.
  5. Barwyn Member

A response would be awesome. Please explain your reasoning for robbing casters and priests 20 resolve over fighters and scouts.

What is your logic for doing this?

What is you logic for not saying hmm you know what, we made a mistake and here is your ranged item.

20 resolve doesn't sound like a lot ..... Believe me it is for a lot of us!
    SolarFaire likes this.
  6. vlada Active Member

480 crossbow on tarew merchant for 750 coin.no masks
  7. vlada Active Member

yes,it violates the rules
  8. Evilary Well-Known Member

They are spamming other posts with this as well. It will probably get them banned sooner.
  9. Barwyn Member

Wish you were correct about the crossbow. not casting masks :( I Just made my rounds to all the camps and they all require 10 masks to purchase the cross bow and the bow still requires no masks to purchase.

If continuing to ask if this is going to be fixed is going to get me banned, then guess I need to be banned.

Question I have is why can I buy a bow no masks required and there is no ranged item my necro can buy without requiring masks.

Very simple to fix. Guess it's complex to get them to change it.

You do realize that 90+ percent of the people don't bother complaining. They just leave the game. I for one hate seeing people return just to get frustrated due to things like this and leave the game again.

So if you want to see me stop asking this question over and over, and over again, please answer what you do or do not intend to do.
    Beee likes this.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

sorry no just this one
    [IMG]

range weapons for mages and healers are still missing buyable with minted coins only.

I think I will never get the necessary 210 masquerade coins (only for one single range weapon) wihtin the next time
  11. Barwyn Member

Today for a lot of people, it is nearly impossible to get the masks. My simple mind tells me that during an event like this, when you sell a ranged item (bow) using tokens that are easy to get by completing quests. There should be a ranged item on the same unlocked vendor added at the same time and price for priests and mages.

Easiest is change the bow to a crossbow that everyone can use or take the mask requirement away from the wand they just added.

Seems simple and the fair thing to do.
  12. Okeechobee New Member

Honestly, they probably should have skipped the 'global' items with higher costs that are in the same slots as camp specific items entirely.

Not all of the item types release contemperaneously. Stock up and buy the global one, or wait for the cheap one - like literally everyone else had to.

Plate tanks have to buy the expensive shield. Monks have to buy the expensive 1h with wary protection.

You don't get immediate satisfaction.
  13. Barwyn Member

You are missing the point. They introduced the bow. They did not introduce a mage/priest ranged item on the same camp vendor. All I am saying is they needed to either introduce a ranged item for all.

Fighters and scouts get higher resolve in 3 slots. 2 handed weapon and bow for range slot.
    Now Mages/priests get only 2 slots. 2 handed weapon and no range item.

Either add a ranged slot for us or take away the ranged item for fighters and scouts.

I don't want everything, I just want what 1/2 of the population has at the same time.

You would be singing a different tune if mages got a ranged item and they didn't put the bow in and we say .... have to wait, you can't have everything.
  14. Barwyn Member

Not immediate satisfaction, immediate equal gear.
  15. Barwyn Member

Casters and priests have to farm masks for a 1 hand primary and secondary if they don't want to use a 2 handed weapon.

They added 2 handed weapons for all at the same time.

They added a bow for the range slot and did nothing for the mages and priests.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

That was never promised. And the devs have said it is coming. Sorry, it would have been nice, but you will get it later in the event.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]

One important thing:

They removed the necessarity for upgades of the weapons. You can now buy crossbow IV without having II + III so it saves you 60 masquerade coins

Wonder in which silent patch this was impemented ;)
  18. Barwyn Member

The bow they added does not require ANY Minted masks. I am not talking about anything that goes in the primary slot. I am not talking about anything that goes in the secondary slot.

I am not talking about the crossbow that takes the minted masks to purchase.

I am not talking about the wand that takes minted masks to purchase.

I'm talking about the bow they added that does not require ANY minted masks. This being said. Why don't you add an item for casters now versus some day in the future? This logic then why not make casters wait till the new expansion comes out.

I would love to hear the logic of adding this bow that 1/2 your classes can use and absolutely nothing for the ranged slot for the other 1/2 that cost NO, Not ANY Absolutely zero minted masks to purchase.

Listing that crossbow or wand that require minted masks to purchase is not even close to what I am talking about.
  19. Melkior Well-Known Member

I think everyone understands your point. I think most including myself agree it would have been nice to have that option. But it is a yearlong event. So one archetype got a bonus. It happens all the time in many aspects of the game, I have just learned to live with it.

There's nothing wrong with stating what you'd prefer to happen, or that a decision seems unfair, I do that routinely as well. But I guess to the Devs rolling that out now would not leave much to shoot for later in the year. As someone who plays mostly non-Bow using characters (Healer, Brawler, Summoner) I am impacted by it as well. I'm just not going to dwell on it.
  20. Barwyn Member

My point is simple, it's not nice if this were to happen. It's put a ranged item for the other 1/2 of the classes that have participated in the event and didn't make the mistake of choosing a non fighter or scout.

If I were to guess, you either have enough resolve to go into the group content that you desire to do or you are content without having the ability to group with your friends...

If this is the case, then I can see why you don't see this as a big deal.

Most of my guild is comprised of new and returning players that are used to the old days of saying "hey lets go hit up a dungeon". They (me included) remember being able to group with 5 other people and at the very least damaging mobs in group content. Working up to killing the names as gear improves etc... etc...

Now many people come back to the game to find out that yes you hit max level, yes you did the sig line and other quests, and no people don't want to group with you, because your resolve is too low. (and by the way it's going to be too low until you do several H1s that your resolve is to low to for you to get into) resulting in you getting frustrated and quitting the game again shrinking the population making it harder and harder for everyone to get groups...

Now comes this event and if you do the time participating in the quests, you can buy items that raise your resolve high enough to go into the H1s to continue progressing into H2s ... Etc...

This is as long as you weren't foolish enough to have chosen a caster to play since you now will be missing the 35 resolve that the fighters and scouts get since they have a shiny new bow with 490 resolve versus your 455 ranged item from solo instances.

Saying hey it's OK. You can't get your cake and eat it too ... .... just wait till some distant time and you will get a ranged item too.

Guess what most people will do? If you guessed quit playing and moving to another game then I would agree with you.