Where are the 2 new servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tradeserverwoot, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether you disable kronos or not pay pal and plat auction will still be there. Yea it won't fall on its face as fast but the same end result will happen. The missing veteran bonuses is a huge slap in the face. Loyalty merchants sell them already so honestly what is the big deal. We put more into the game and should deserve something. Getting new players at the expense of taking a massive **** on the vets only puts them at a higher risk for the loss of players. New people test games, they don't have a track records with upwards of 10+ years invested.
    Ishuna, Jaden, Nicolos and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nicolos Active Member

Yep; that was me. I was excited for TLE until I got off the IoR. Then it sunk in that TLE felt less nostalgic and more like Live minus the quality of life improvements. Once I saw the Billy doll on the marketplace while mine I already owned was locked, I was done. Silly, I know, but it was less about caring about the item because truthfully I couldn't care less; it was the point. That said, at least I could see some of the /claim items being restricted on a progression server but on an other wise normal Live server there's no reason whatsoever. Guess I will make my decision once they list the specifics.
    Ishuna, Jaden, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

What irked me the most was not being able to claim my vet reward vitality potions and then seeing them sell those on the marketplace. If you don't want us to claim vet xp and vitality potions because it will affect progression, then why do you turn around and sell the vitality potions? Oh well, as you said, lets see what they have to say.
    Ishuna, Jaden, Meneltel and 4 others like this.
  4. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I have always wondered what would happen if people all agreed to disagree and said no to "new releases/servers" until something with full player insight was created? Numbers don't lie and the truth hurts sometimes.
    Ishuna, Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. ugloopni Active Member

Ah, I see. All I care about is no-heirloom + fresh economy. Hope they don't touch too many parts :(
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

In the poll for these newest servers there was not an option for 'No'. Just Vague Server #1 and Vague Server #2 or Both #1 and #2. Deleting the poll didn't count as a no, just a lack of vote.

A few people came to the forums to object to the badly skewed, pre-determined poll, to no avail.

We the players can agree (or not) all we like, we don't make the decisions, though.
    Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Ishuna Well-Known Member

We could form a coalition. Protest in the form of not buying anything from the marketplace or unsubbing for a month.

We could call it AGGRO - Angry Gamers..something something.

/half kidding half not kidding
    RedvsBlue and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Tradeserverwoot Member

You would be wasting your time. The 10 people on here that troll against this stuff are nothing compared to the amount of people who will jump on the servers as soon as they open.
    Raff likes this.
  9. Ummmyeh Active Member

AGGRO--Angry Gamers Getting Rekt Obviously
    Pehter and Ishuna like this.
  10. Givin Active Member

Because like TLE, they will be a krono farmers wet dream and draw out the farm crowd. Your beloved new economy will last all of a week. Instead of seeing "SLR Shiny Sword of Swag" you will see "Selling Shiny Sword of Swag, 15 krono".
    Meneltel, Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Ishuna got where I was going with this. Immediate fall out for them would result in a change. The slow decrease gives them time to plan and thus no ****s given. Some decision making has to change because taking stuff away from us and not lowering the sub price and raising everything else is only gonna have one outcome anyhow.

To me if you are actually going to give an effort to expand your ideas and develop ways to get more people in the game (keeping them too) and turn the bus around, I would be all for helping out. Lacking release information about high dollar items, splitting the player base to "new" servers, and not creating unique content making every expac an alternate currency grindfest are but a few things that lead me to this response. Not only that but it becomes easier towards the end, which begs the question why even play the beginning when you can buy it all towards the end and be just a well off? Temporary servers? Yea lets spread the CS/dev attention even further when 6 servers can't even be kept up with temporarily.
    Tekka, Meneltel, Ishuna and 1 other person like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

The no Heirloom is a side issue as I see it. Its a "new" server with a Live Rule set. That is exciting to me

Krono availability will upend the new economy right off the bat. You can maintain your sub on the live server via kronos, so why bring that cash cow to a new server? Agnostic dungeons will pull people away from content.
    Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I share your sentiments, but sadly that is what is going to happen unless they prohibit the sale of kronos and disable agnostic dungeons.
    Ishuna likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

That is what I am arguing for, Miz. Banning both functions will make for a better server.

Vet rewards? I don't care...I don't even claim the ones I get outside of potion packs. But I don't really "need" any of it.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I like the mouthy draconic based monk merc to use, even at level 1. He is a decent tank (for not being a tank class) as in he survives a lot, and will hold agro by the amount of damage he does, you just need to let him do most of the killing anyways.
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think the issue some people have with it is not that you're unable to claim the rewards you've accumulated but that your accumulated rewards (free /claims) are removed, then offered right back to you - for a price - in the cash shop.

It would be one thing to say no claims. No items from those claims in the cash shop, but here are a selection of other items available to all.

Instead of - No. You have to pay your subscription AND pay for the rewards you've accumulated through years of play.
  17. RadarX Community Manager

I'm going to go ahead and close this. This thread has gone off topic quite a few times and had a couple of forum guideline violations. More importantly we are finalizing an article/post on the server details which I'm hoping to see up today. We obviously welcome everyone's feedback on it.
    Kittybock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.