Where are the 2 new servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tradeserverwoot, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tradeserverwoot Member

Can we get more info soon? Some of us are excited and cannot wait!
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

3. Xantarr New Member

The May 2016 producers letter said "by the end of June," so I hope it's not in July. I'm waiting to start playing until the trade server arrives. I'd like to think "by the end of June" doesn't actually mean "at the end of June," but... any news otherwise?
  4. Tradeserverwoot Member

Yeah, some of us want to start form scratch on a brand new server. So we are waitingggggg.
  5. Contego New Member

I'd love to know this as well.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Gonna be staring at the non-special server populations with my Glasses of Toldyaso +1 on when they launch, so fairly interested in this myself.
    Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Warak New Member

When are they suppose to be coming out with the new servers?
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

I believe 'in June' was the release and no further information was ever put out. They still have 11-ish days.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Breyl New Member

Hey everyone :)

Nostalgia has been hitting me for a couple of weeks now - been checking forums nearly on the daily basis :D until i saw this thread; can somebody clarify - is this like TLE (starting from scratch) but with all the expansion available straight away?
    Thing is, I havent played on live servers since like, 7 yeas ago (only played on TLE when it was launched) and always thought i wont be able to jump in and will instead be overwhelmed (not in a good way)... :/
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

One was a race (to kill the dragon) event server and one was a server where some (but not all) heirloom tags have been removed. Both are membership only servers. I'm not sure if much more information than that was released. Perhaps if someone else knows more they can jump in.
  11. Caith Developer

The Free Trade server will be exactly like that, with the other then that almost all Heirloom items will be tradeable. Exceptions include marketplace purchases, /claimed items, items purchased from merchants, or received via repeatable quests.

The Event Server will be...quite a bit different. More information coming soon on both servers.
    Feldon, Siren and Tekka like this.
  12. Breyl New Member

Thank youuu for clarifying ^^ although I dont even remember what heirloom items are and why its a big deal but really looking forward to this :)
  13. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Basically items you can put in your shared bank and give to alts on the same account. By removing the heirloom tag you can trade them to other players, put them on the broker, etc, etc.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Kahleem Active Member

Is anyone else SUPER disappointed in this new No-Heirloom server? Essentially it just makes raid-loot sellable on the AH. That's pretty much it......there's no real appeal to this server otherwise?

Why not do things people have been begging/asking for rather than pulling something like this out of your bums?

Also, the 'Event' servers are going to be pointless. It is focused on hardcore raid guilds that love racing each other on live servers. The ENTIRE reason they like racing each other is the persistence-factor of having a REAL long-term server with difficult achievements to shoot for. Short-term 'Events' are going to die out and get boring QUICK.
  15. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Still not 100% sure why they need a specific server for that though; if they can implement it on a new server they could implement it perfectly fine on the current three and TLE.
    rainy1, Avahlynn, Meneltel and 3 others like this.
  16. Warak New Member

New servers have the appeal of being new. Everyone starts at level 1, building the new server economy and forging new friendships and guilds. It is an exciting time for many, myself included. You can look at it through a negative lens if you want, but that will only ruin the experience for yourself.
  17. Krov Active Member

Only problem is , there is no tier limitations like we have on the TLE . Without a artifical lock on expansions, you will see level 100 players in the first week. Anything below current content becomes trivial and on farm.
    Dude, Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Holly's producer letter indicated that they were going to limit account bonuses and claims on both of the new servers and therefore, I guess we can assume that they will sell us those same items on the marketplace just as they did on the TLE server ($$$).
    Lucus likes this.
  19. Darkale New Member

Will the ability to purchase Level 90 Heroic characters be disabled on the Free Trade server?
  20. Givin Active Member

I hope it has a worse EXP rate than TLE does. Oh those $weet potion $ales
    ugloopni and Meneltel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.