Where are the 2 new servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tradeserverwoot, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arandar Well-Known Member

Not something I'd like to see on TLE, but on the standard servers it probably wouldn't change much except making the buying and selling of raid loot less of a hassle (personally I'm not a big fan of SLR, but that's neither here nor there I guess).

I suspect the real objection isn't so much about making most loot tradeable, it's that folks on the other standard servers are going to see their populations drop even further. Unlike TLE, where last summer you had a lot of people come over, then return to their "home" servers when ToT was released, these folks may very well just stay where they are. And for raiders, a new shot at server firsts, progression, etc. may be enticing enough that it'll bork the rosters on the other servers. Players looking for a fresh start will see this as a positive. Guild leaders, and in particular those of established raiding guilds, probably won't be so thrilled with it.

On the other hand, the event server is kind of interesting because it doesn't really represent any kind of long-term commitment. It's something that Daybreak can try out, and if it's popular, great. If not, then just let it's current "event" run out and be done with it.
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

This is clearly because the current servers house many grandfathered F2P Silvers and the F2P Bronze player base as well. New servers can be put behind a gold paywall. I am not against this method of thinking, because the obvious alternative is that the game shuts down due to lack of funds. There's really no other way for them to implement new ideas for EQ2 (like free-trading in lieu of the SLR junk that's been dragging on for years) while keeping the game running, short of terminating F2P in all forms on the current live servers.
  3. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

And we know this with certainty and inside knowledge?

If so, this is sad news for those who have well established characters on the original "live" servers that existed prior to live servers going F2P.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

Free to play exists in EQ2 because just subscription didn't make enough. There was a lot of discussion (some of it -very- heated) when the Freeport server was in beta and later when it went live. And a lot more discussion that got a lot more heated when the announcement was made that all the live servers were going free to play.

Love it or hate it, what non-sub players spend in the cash shop (often a few times over what a sub would be) is a not insignificant contribution. And with the subscription losing value (moreso if you have no or restricted access to earned rewards on these 'prestige' servers) I would expect more players to choose the free option, not less.
  5. Tradeserverwoot Member

This new free trade server is an AWESOME way to kill SLR and make everyone who can raid able to sell loot. Think about it, you are part of that guild who doesn't have a fury? Guess what? Now you can sell that item instead of muting it for next to nothing.

Not to mention this new server will have a true economy without all the plat that has been ch*a*ted to get. Or the status that was, or the blah blah.

Or old ethereals that are broken.

It fixes a lot of issues. Plus people can play OLD content and still sell it to people in that content range. ESPECIALLY people who LOVE appearance gear. Can just buy it!
  6. Tradeserverwoot Member

Pm me if you want in the temp guild on Maj'Dul while we wait for our new server!
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I'm sure the 17 of you will enjoy these new servers.
    Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Expect that to happen by the end of next year.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

I find the idea of the trade server appealing. Not that I care one way or the other about trade thing. But, if only to have chance to do it all again without the mind numbing progression grind of the TLE servers. Live server rules.

I have multiple max level toons & crafters, plat running out my ears, endless mats for crafting and I miss most of all...the journey that got us to that point with a band of like minded adventurers.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  10. Breyl New Member

Same boat. In fact, I have no clue what heirloom tags are, and why is exactly its called trade server instead of just..you know..brand new server..you know what I mean; but a chance to just start again is indeed appealing from a new player perspective
  11. RadarX Community Manager

I'm just going to bookmark this. Carry on.
    Siren and Livejazz like this.
  12. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Heirloom basically means that it can only be traded between characters on the same account. They moved to that model because they (perhaps stupidly) thought that it would incentivize players to only loot what they actually needed, or could use on an alt, rather than looting something only to turn around and auction it on the Broker for a **** ton of money.

This server is basically removing all trade restrictions. Which is basically admitting that moving to the current way loot is handled was a bad move on their part; hence my statement earlier in the topic that it would have most likely been easier to just implement this on the current servers.

Starting new isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be, either, especially since you can bet a sizeable portion of players moving to said server will have Kronos ready to completely devastate anything resembling a new economy on said server.

That only makes the idea come off even worse. Especially considering it's not like Heirloom loot nor 90% of an expac's gear being no-trade/no-value was even originally how loot worked.

Also F2P supposedly spends thousands in marketplace sales. We never see actual numbers, but the reason they switched to F2P is that subscription sales were seen as an inferior market. If F2P is supposed to be a sustainable, profitable model then there wouldn't be a need for gimmick servers that exist solely to ramp up subscription income -- an income which was considered insignificant enough that F2P became the direction they wanted to head in.

There are plenty of new things they can implement if the accountants weren't holding guns to their heads, without forcing it to be Sub Players Only. Hell, they actually just REMOVED a massive perk to subscribing just to chop said content to pieces and sell it in the Marketplace.

So any explanation other than "F2P is actually a bad model, we shouldn't have went this way" will not cut it, if your supposition that they NEED to ramp up subscription sales is accurate.
    Jaden and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Raydar only bookmarks things he thinks he's going to have to step in and moderate, when they get "out of hand" or "off-topic".
    Siren and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Tradeserverwoot Member

Haha Radarx you rock! Keep up the great work and ignore these few trolls. You guys are turning this game around and FINALLY adding what we want.
  15. Eatmyshorts New Member

Bookmarking's a good thing Radar,Perhaps you will be able to come back and look at it when the time comes :p and then maybe realise the bad stuff thats been put into our game latly has driven us all away lol :p
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Lets be honest, the poll for these two new servers was skewed from the start as we weren't given an option to say "no." I was more than willing to give the TLE servers a fair chance, but from the start it became clear that it was poorly implemented (itemization a train wreck) and a cash grab (couldn't claim our vet rewards, yet were sold those same rewards on marketplace). If there are people willing to try these two new servers and give DBG the benefit of the doubt, then good luck to them, but the TLE experience ruined it for me. Also, as others have said, this will only further spread out an already low player base on the existing live servers. I am on AB and I can't imagine what it will be like after these 2 new servers go live (it is already as dead as a hammer).
    Ishuna and Tekka like this.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

No opinion should be ignored or dismissed as 'trollish' just because it doesn't fall in line with what you want.

I'm sincerely glad you're excited for the new servers. It's nice to see players get excited. Set off the fireworks and prepare for the move! (text doesn't convey intent, so please don't take this as snark, I really mean it)

However not everyone is, and some folks are concerned what this, along with other recent decisions, means for their game - our game - and have just as much right to be heard.

~Game on!~
    Ishuna, Mizgamer62 and Lucus like this.
  18. Greene Active Member

I actually didn't mind the cash grab when it came to the TLE server, wife and I had a lot of fun on a fresh server, and look forward to doing it again on the heirloom one. My issues with the lack of TLE support will hopefully be irrelevant as the Heirloom server will be current with content (I assume?)
    Meneltel likes this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think it is current content with some /claim and account bonus restrictions? That might have just been for the race one, though.
  20. Travail Member

Y'all are missing the biggest benefit to this new server, trade server that is, all of the exploited/duped currency will not exist there. To me that is the biggest benefit. The inflation of the live servers will not exist there and the ease of trade will make for a much better game economy. I foresee this server being extremely successful as long as they NEVER allow transfers to it from any other server.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.