Where are the 2 new servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tradeserverwoot, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I didn't mind them selling fluff items. What bothered me is that I wasn't allowed to claim my veteran rewards, as they said that would throw the leveling process out of balance, and then they turned around and sold some of those on the marketplace (i.e. vitality potions). I hope that they do a better job with this server for those interested, but I just lost any faith in them from my TLE experience and I know I wasn't the only one by far.
    Tekka likes this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

That applies to both servers, which is clearly stated on the first page of Holly's producer letter.
    Tekka likes this.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

I think that's a bit of a misread. I don't think that /claim is going to be limited on the free trade server, but rather they're saying that items that you get as a result of using /claim will continue to be no-trade or heirloom. It appears that the free trade server will be identical to the standard servers in every respect, other than the fact that most no-trade and heirloom items will be tradeable, and no one can transfer to or from the server. On the special event server, it wouldn't surprise me if /claim is disabled altogether like it is on TLE.
  4. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

As you can see below, there is a clear distinction provided:

We call this a “Free Trade” server. Here’s some of the nitty gritty:
    • Most items tagged as “Heirloom” can be traded freely between players. Only Heirloom items purchased via a merchant, marketplace, or granted from repeatable quests remain Heirloom.
    • This is a live server with current features, zones, and advancement.
    • There will be limited account bonuses and claims.
    • Character transfers TO Isle of Refuge will not be available for the launch of this server.
    • Characters transfers FROM Isle of Refuge will not be available. There are no plans to allow transfers off of a Free Trade server.
    Sandyfoot and Tekka like this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification. I notice also that while it states that transfers FROM the trade server will not be allowed, transfers TO the server are only unavailable at launch which would indicate that at some point they will be available.

Wouldn't that kind of negate the point of a fresh start?
    Mizgamer62 and Jaden like this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

They said we will be getting more details very soon as they are planning on launching these servers at the end of this month, so hopefully that will be clarified for us.
    Sandyfoot and Tekka like this.
  7. Krov Active Member

Untrue , any server that allows Krono transfer is still affected by live and anything that is doable on live servers. Perfect examples on TLE , I can farm keys on live and make a Krono a day and then sell on my server.
    Jaden, Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

They said there will be no transfers to the server allowed -at launch-. They have not said there will be no transfers allowed to the server post launch. They did stipulate that there are no plans to ever allow transfers off the server, however.

Still 10 days of June left, though, so maybe there will be more information soon.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Livejazz Well-Known Member

It's cute that you think this, though I'm not entirely sure what exploited/duped currency you're talking about.
  10. Jaden Well-Known Member

11. Jaden Well-Known Member

12. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----
    YUP. That shizz is available on ANY CHARACTER INSIDE ANY GAME DB owns at ANY TIME, ONGOING.
  13. Travail Member

The currency I am talking about is only the main currency in game... plat. The plat everyone got from the exploit a few months ago where they made millions of plat . That plat is still circulating on the live servers and is the main reason for insane prices. Yes the kronos will be there but that exploited plat will not be, hence better prices. That is why I said to never allow transfers to it from live servers cause all that would do is make the economy on the trade server go through the roof, or if transfers will be allowed do not allow the transfer of any plat with any characters from normal servers. It really isn't hard to comprehend this. Feel free to flame on though I find it amusing.
    Jaden likes this.
  14. Nicolos Active Member

The free trade part of this server I don't care about so much but the fresh start is quite appealing. I haven't played EQ2 in a long time and I really was looking forward to it. However, the limited claims may just very well be a deal breaker for me; I will wait for the announcement before any judgements are made. Call me petty, but when I see the vet rewards that I earned limited on a server that requires a sub to play, it makes me view the company badly and don't even want to return. If even a single ONE of our /claimed rewards that they decide to restrict is on that Marketplace, I'll just pick another MMO.
    Jaden, Siren, Tekka and 2 others like this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them disable kronos and agnostic dungeons for the trade server, personally.
    Jaden, Ishuna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Kahleem Active Member

-Disable dungeon finder
    -Disable kronos
    -Give us our veteran claim bonuses

Profit?
    Jaden and Siren like this.
  17. ugloopni Active Member

What do those things have to do with no-heirloom?
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The profit comes from the fact that you have to be a paid subscriber to play on the server. If DBG's profit is what you were referring to.
  19. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I think a lot of people are hoping to see grouping revitalized (to level etc.) and disabling the sale of krono's would discourage or at least slow down those inclined to bot (perhaps keeping the in-game economy from going down the drain as it has on live).
    Jaden likes this.
  20. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

That is how many of us felt when we gave the TLE servers a try and as a result, many who came back turned around and left again.
    Jaden, Meneltel, Ishuna and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.