What is WRONG with the werewolf mercs?????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dahlyia, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Blissa Active Member

My thoughts on the mercs is there ok for solo/ lite grouping (duo). Once you put them against any kind of heroic content you can forget it. The sad simple fact is mercs need a major upgrade, the player base of EQ2 is dwindling daily and a lot of people are finding them selves stuck on content because they can not get any help. They really need to buff mercs If this game is going to make it long term.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  2. Belissa Active Member

I can't commend on the healer merc, since I am a warden and only tried the paladin merc so far.

Being announced as a (slightly) better version of the regular paladin merc, I have to say that I am utterly disappointed by the performance of the werewolf merc. I tried several comparisons in instances and beside the fact that Vittia has more HPs, she even tanks way better.
    While most of the time I wasn't able at all to keep the werewolf alive, I could even chat when Vittia was tanking.

At the moment I am level 90 with 282 AAs, so I haven't reached max level yet. so I can't commend on the endgame performance.

But the werewolf paladin merc for sure doesn't meet the expectations and announcements done.
  3. Endrek New Member

It would be great to receive an eta. $OE had no problem taking our money but do seem to have an issue with delivering what was purchased or even telling us when it will be remedied.
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Ramone_AB Active Member

Said it before will say it again they need to do some serious work with the mercs, I do not feel I got my 20.00 worth or even 15.00 worth from them.
    Guiscard likes this.
  5. Fozz New Member

Looks like they upgraded some of the stats on the Pally Werewolf merc, even though it was not mentioned in the patch notes...Have not had a chance to test him out yet
  6. Sevo New Member

Tried the buffed paladin this morning. He's got around 55k hp now, and doing Dreadcutter Advanced Solo, he was doing anywhere from 38-49k dps while keeping threat off my assassin, although I wasn't going super hard on dps. Was healing both of us, and seemed overall just much better.
  7. Maxxen Member

I tried the buffed up Pally as well and actually prefer him over the sk now. Seems to be alot better then it was previous to the patch. Glad they buffed these mercs up as they weren't worth squat before.
  8. Fozz New Member

As a reminder here are the original comparisons of the Mercs immdiately Post COE release.[IMG]

....Below is the updated Pally/Werewolf as of the 11-29-12 patch

Everything looks much better, except ....looks like they may have inverted the Health/Power Numbers?
    [IMG]
  9. mouser Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you knock a thousand points off his Stamina.
    That's what happens when you knock a thousand points off Stamina.

Edit: His autoattack DPS is really rockin' too, if that number means anything...

But I'm sure his super high INT makes up for all that.
  10. Mosco New Member

Use the Templar Merc and forget the Paladin
  11. Ramone_AB Active Member

Well the Templar seems immensely better, so they are on the right path :)

He actually found his cure button!!! :D
  12. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Do they actually have crit chance yet? The paladin I paid actual US dollars for has 150% crit chance. The new dropped mercs (well, the lizardman assassin at least, I haven't seen the others) have 150% crit chance.

The new "advanced SOLO" zones have a 100% crit avoidance/beneficial crit debuff. What's the point of mercs who don't even hold up to SOLO zones where they're SUPPOSED to be used? These mercs need 200% crit chance, absolute minimum. 300% certainly wouldn't hurt.
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Endrek New Member

They are on the right path buy still have work to do. SK/Inq is still a better combo.. While duo'ing frenzy in guk with the werewolves the tank would die outright followed by us scouts and the templar wouldn't be able to get a single heal off. Obviously an issue if scouts have better survivability than the tank.
  14. Guiscard Active Member

Once again these $ mercs should have been made available during Beta even if only to a few players for testing.

Personally I think you should be allowed to have 2 mercs if you paid for the CE -- the CEmerc and one other. It would be nice to test them out without having to fork out plats and then only to find out they suck.
  15. Endrek New Member

Indeed, it would be great to be able to test them w/o having to drop so much plat.. It's bad enough that real money was wasted on these mercs that are still not as advertised but are also wasting in game money as well. I think it would be a great gesture on their part to make this right and give the folks that did waste their money on the CE a Krono since they dont seem to feel a bait and switch warrants an actual refund.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

They are always purposefully vague so that you have no grounds to do anything. I am honestly sorry i bought the expansion at all, but my entertainment fund is tied up here now for a bit because I chose to do so.
  17. Endrek New Member

I'm right there with ya, my main is only 85 as well so the only thing I really planned on being able to use right away was the merc. I had hoped it would have enabled me to enter more areas as I exclusively duo, but thats clearly not going to happen. Though, I did learn how SOE handles these kinds of situations and how unwilling they are to help once you have already opened your wallet.