What is WRONG with the werewolf mercs?????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dahlyia, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Alenua New Member

You posted in that thread, read the posts,. you'll see them. Someone rehosted the initial ones ( that didn't show up ) at tinyurl. A few posts down, first page I think. Did you read any of the posts or just reply?
  2. Tylia Well-Known Member

I read the posts.. but I do not see screenshots. I see broken images, and I don't follow unknown tinyurl links. ;)
    So, upon my own investigation (by hiring each of the Paladins on my lvl 92 dirge), I can see that while they are not "exactly" alike in their stats, there isn't enough of a difference to make a difference. But that is just with the Paladin. There are definite, and noticeable, differences with the Templars. So while jumping on the "omg-lets-overdramatize-everything-and-follow-the-crowd-and-scream-with-pitchforks-held-high" bandwagon may seem like THE thing to do, I think I'll patiently walk and wait for the wrong to be made right. ;)
  3. Alenua New Member

This is my last post on the subject, I'm not going to argue with you.

All I see here is people who have paid money wanting what they were told they would get. That's not unresonable nor drama for the sake of drama. As customers, we do have a right to voice our opions on a product if we don't feel it's as promised.
    I think doing so is important, because if we didn't, there's a lot of companies out there that would be more than willing to take advantage of people in the name of profit and greed. I'm using that in a general sense. All products, all corporations. We help keep them honest by voicing our opinions.
  4. Teacherspest New Member

Last news...

SOE decided to not answer me and just decided to put a SOLVED tag on my case. As they don't even answer me via the ticket support, I have now the feeling that SOE decided to ignore us til we are fed up to be angry.

I decided to ask the refund the money I spent and told them to downgrade my CoE CE x-pack to the normal one.

I invite you to notice that mercs are not concerned by the upcomming patch on 26th november...
    Moldylocks likes this.
  5. Sucuri Active Member

Would been nicer if we got to pick the class for the merc, I do not use a tank or healer merc on some of my classes. The mount is the only real reason I decided to go with the CE in the end....
  6. Teacherspest New Member

Last news :

SOE billing service answered : they are not able neither to refund me, nor giving me any kind of satisfaction.

I really feel I'm victim of a swindle...

SOE is able to take our money, to sell us a bugged product, but is unable to give us neither what we ordered nor our money back.

Am I the only one to feel it's a kind of organized robbery ?

If at least SOE accepted to give us an answer that prove they notice there were a serious commercial issue...

I cannot imagine a commercial company not giving satisfaction to their customers buying their more expensive products and ignoring them...
  7. Teacherspest New Member

Victory of the Pest !

They downgraded my x-pack !
  8. Onorem Active Member

I am amazed that they actually fixed that for you. It would be better if they instead fixed the mercs, but congrats on having some sort of resolution to your issue.
  9. Deago Well-Known Member

Can every toon pick and choose a werewolf merc? or was it one per account? Reason I am asking is because assuming it is one per toon then it is easy to assume Gninja is having an issue boosting them to current elite levels because that would really put the "why bother" on the current rare-elites.

A solution as already stated could be to boost the current elites (M, K, P) and then raise the werewolf up a notch in order to keep the hard-to-find elites worth grabbing. Potentially that could bring a problem with mercs being greater then players. I do not see that happening even if they gave mercs all sorts of stats to be honest because AI will never really take the place of a great player...a poor one yes....but who's fault is that?

Another solution would simply be to give the werewolf merc something that makes him very unique but not overpowering and yet folks would still want the rare-elites. Could be a buff that boosts something or heck even a 3% exp boost random buff? I am just thinking of something that would give it the edge but would not increase its dps/def to the point where the others are neglected.

Oh and please make some bar space for the elites. Not being able to swap them after having found them is alittle....irritating to say the least hehe. Just saying...unless its already been done and I am just slow.

My 2 cents.
  10. Ramone_AB Active Member

They need to boost them to Elite status.. make it worth the 20.00 extra we paid for them. Then boost the Elites even more.

They are one per toon, and there are also new mercs that drop in the instances as well.

If it's a buff it better be really good, 3% xp boost don't mean a thing at max level max AA.
  11. Gilasil Active Member

As this post points out, the werewolf healer is better then the old mercs. He's gotten me through things stamper wouldn't have. My only real gripe is that some dungeons become bugged when I have him out. I ended up having to do one quest three times because his presence kept me from getting credit for killing the big bad even when I did so.
  12. SideshowBob Active Member

Funny, I've had the exact opposite results with my werewolf templar merc as opposed to Stamper. The werewold merc prefers meleeing to healing, regardless of /merc ranged being used or not. Soloing instances regularly farmed for gear or collection quest items for my alts, I had never had a death with Stamper unless *I* did something stupid. Farming those same instances with the werewolf -- a couple of deaths to bosses that never came close to happening before, mostly because said werewolf likes to wait until the player is down to yellow or red health before even thinking about firing off a heal. Duo'ing a heroic with a guildie that I regularly run heroics with, and his defiler merc, his merc rezzed, werewolf didnt, even when not otherwise engaged... After one day of xp debt and repair bills, werewolf got the steel-toed boot out the door and Stamper is happily back.

That extra $20 for the CE edition was a complete waste of money for their falsely advertised mercs. Thank goodness they threw in the wyvern mount at the last minute to "make up" for it... o_O
  13. Fozz New Member

Interesting:
    The Pally Werewolf comparison seems to be less generous..see below:
    [IMG]
  14. Deago Well-Known Member

Hmmm I would say the paladin stats are just a "oops" which will be fixed to match the templar's difference. I would hope? unless im missing something.
  15. Brickfist Member

Templar one heals better when you turn his protection stuff off so he doesn't attack. Still doesn't rez for crap though.
  16. Tylia Well-Known Member

While the Paladin werewolf isn't "exactly" the same, it's not enough of a difference to make a difference. Hopefully they will get that issue corrected sometime soon.
  17. Moldylocks Member

That's a really shoddy way for them to go about dealing with this. You paid for a product, assuming that the as advertised description would be what you got. You got a broken product, you are being ignored as a customer who paid for it, and you have every right for a refund.

Let us know how that works out. Others might be interested as well.
    Northwind likes this.
  18. Northwind New Member

I purchased the CE on the promise of a better merc. Here's what I actually got....

An underpowered, poorly designed merc that makes poor decisions when engaged. And I am talking about the Templar -- which is the better of the two. The Paladin is the worst merc I have ever used. Can't hold aggro. Can't take a hit when he does get aggro. Fails to get aggro back when he loses it. Doesn't AE when the situation calls for it. Has far less HP than the vanilla mercs with the same mitigation.

I am not at all happy. I purchased CE on all my accounts. If this isn't resolved in the next patch I am going to downgrade my accounts to CoE Standard.

Thanks for the effort SOE, but you simply did not deliver what you promised. Fix this issue, would you please?
    Moldylocks likes this.
  19. mouser Well-Known Member

I haven't used the templar. At least the pally rezzes me :)

I'm wondering if it isn't a power curve thing. Has anyone compared these mercs at say levels 20, 40, 60, 80?
    They may start off being much better and then even off as they hit max level. Cause I started some new alts and the pally is just stupid powered so far. I put protect on and things are dead before I even know they're there... The other mercs may be even stronger though, he's the only merc I've tried so I can't say.
  20. anaugi Member

I figured the Werewolf templar.. albeit a different class, would prove a more effective and consistent healer than the Archon Construct, seeing that he's a premium option, but I unfortunately have to keep going back to the Archon Construct to get smooth reliable healing. At least the WW Templar Dps's better, because ya know I picked him up for his dps...

An.