What is WRONG with the werewolf mercs?????

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dahlyia, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

Where did it say, again, that these mercs would be Elite mercs? Cuz I missed that part....
    Vandrago likes this.
  2. Gilasil Active Member

Well, I can't explain why you're having trouble.
    I've been tackling much tougher stuff -- nothing which is on farm status. Including several mobs which got me killed every time with Stamper. I'm getting through them with the werewolf. He's definately a more reliable healer for me. Perhaps it's the settings you're using, I don't know. But I"m using the same settings I used with Stamper. For both I've got them so they just stand around and do nothing but heal, which is what I want. Difference is that Stamper would often wait too long to get me healed which would get me dead. The werewolf is much better about that. Also, I haven't caught the werewolf cringing and not doing anything like Stamper sometimes did when the going got tough.

If you prefer Stamper, more power to you. Although I really doubt you'll get a refund. As for me, I'll roll with the werewolf.

I suppose there could be differences due to the fact that the werewolf is a Templar and Stamper is an inquisitor. I don't know the healing classes well so can't say much.
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH the templar merc collector's werewolf version or the plain old regular one in qh are garbage as healers I have never ever see either one cast you know a reactive....as has been said he prefers to cast glory on himself and proceed to melee...this has been buggy ever since aod was released and the devs know full well the problems with the templar merc...if you dont intend to fix the problem after all this time either remove them or replace the collector's edition with an inquis merc...you know the one that cures/dps/and amazingly casts his reactives.
  4. Tylia Well-Known Member

My werewolf templar merc has been great at both healing and curing me, even when I have him set to Assist me. I set him to just follow when I don't want any of his attention on the mob, and he heals and cures promptly then too. Now granted, I don't pull more mobs than I know I can handle just because the templar is there. I still use the same caution that I would without the merc.

I use him on my mystic and my fury, because then I can go to fighting stance and not have to worry about healing/curing myself, and for control effect cures (which the werewolf does very well). He is more reliable than Stamper at healing BEFORE I get way down in health and he usually keeps me in the green. And as someone else stated, I've never seem him cower if I accidentally get too many mobs. I'm really very happy with him. ;)
  5. Vandrago Active Member

The dev said they would be stronger than regular, but not as strong as elites, was in the old forums. Apparently people just want to "buy" power. Hopefully the next exp. you guys can buy top tier gear too. :rolleyes:
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

to be honest when i see people with these mercs i cant help but chukle. soe puts the normal mercs in then uses the cower system as a check, then adds these mercs and *suddenly* because they are a part of the CE they are braver then all other mercs and are supposed to be tougher.
  7. Trakka New Member

I was given the impression that the Werewolf mercs in the Collectors Edition would be significantly superior to the normal Mercs but would cost the same to hire.
    Today I decided to hire a Pally merc in Freeport his hitpoints and power at level 90 were
    HP = 34,135
    P = 24,740
    The shadowknight merc (normal) hired in Neriak at lvl 90 and her Hitpoints and power at level 90 were
    HP = 47, 410
    P = 25,320

The werewolf pally stats for health and power are significantly lower than the normal SK - how can that be? - I guess next time I wont be swayed by the sales pitch because obviously releasing the game as advertised appears to be beyond them.
  8. Vandrago Active Member

Why did you get that impression?
  9. Ramone_AB Active Member

Because it was posted all over the place and in fact in this post or the other about the mercs it's posted. :)
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

From https://twitter.com/WindstalkerEQ2/status/263045276166680577
    From http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2old/posts/list.m?topic_id=522998&post_id=5803984
    (or http://forums.eq2oathsworn.com/showthread.php?p=37503 )
    Moldylocks and Ramone_AB like this.
  11. Ramone_AB Active Member

Significantly doesn't mean a double up on crit/ability mod, that is a minor upgrade to me. I would expect 1-2 more abilities and/or faster casting and it would become "significant" :)

This is per Holly's Tweet:

These mercenaries could make for an interesting Collector’s Edition choice, especially in light of Holly’s further tweet:
    Our CoE Collector’s Edition mercs (Templar & Paladin) are significantly “better” than the mercs in Freeport and Qeynos, but cost the same

Thank you Feldon, I went searching on eq2wire to find the information :)

12. Gideon Member

on 4 of my toons ive been soloing pr, soh,vp,VS, the doms,pawbuster etc and i never seen any of my mercs cower and run .
    i always thought that cower thing was a rumor tbh.
  13. Cyliena Well-Known Member

While I completely understand that the mercs are far from desirable (I'm not using either merc as well due to how subpar they are), it's impossible to "downgrade" your expansion purchase.
  14. Gideon Member

not compleatly true, shortly after launch somone had the expansion money refunded cause they complained enough to CS. they lost access to CoE and then were able to buy CoE standard.
  15. Northwind New Member

Downgrade is the wrong word to describe the transaction, but it's correct for my intent.

I am quite displeased with these mercs. They do not live up to their advertised expectations. If SOE doesn't address them in Monday's patch, then I will pursue refunds of CE.
    Guiscard likes this.
  16. Guiscard Active Member

Patch notes for Monday are already posted - nothing about mercs.
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's clear the pally werewolf stats are wrong. A 200 increase in physical avoidance is nothing. Judging from the templar he should have more CC/CB/Pot etc.

But, even with that, their HP are too low. They don't have to be elite level, which is 80-95kHP, but upping them from 40khp to 60khp with the better blue stats will at least make them marginally useful as a replacement to a player in L92+ content.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

Currently all mercs bar elites are useless past L90 (or close enough) because of all the zonewide negative buffs in all the zones.
  19. GabenBison Active Member

I think they look great for what they're suppose to be. Want a bad Canine Anthromorphic model then that would be The Drolvarg or the original human werewolf with the wide stiff arms.

Also the the werewolf model you are referring to from the Loping Plains is actually the Underpaw Gnoll model. Since Splitpaw is the most underused and unknown zones in the game, they decided to recycle the model to not go unused.
  20. Lucus Well-Known Member

nope i've seen the paladin, sk merc cower when i've had too many mobs on me (usually a few heroic ^^^ and a boss)