What do the dirges want?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Azekah1 wrote:
    its a new AA, dont get your hopes up its just bull#$%....yeah thats right filter I said bull#$% cause thats what it is
  2. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    BS because its AA, or you think it will be a low %...cuz I dont care if its AA...

Rangers/wardens are AA as well...
  3. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Azekah1 wrote:
    BS that its an AA, also its supposed to be like 50% with 5 points spent...which would put ya at like 69% Run speed at 80 Im guessing.

Remember were only getting 60 new AA points to spend in a tree with 4 lines. itll cost 10 points per line to be able to unlock the next line. so by wasting 5 points on something that we should just be given as we level up we cant spend points in other areas that are acutaly useful...or by spending points in the useful areas were still just as slow but will nver see an upgrade because SOE will say what, you have an AA you can use to increase run speed.

Thats why I call BULL#$%^
  4. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

Androw your face is BS, and I want a feign death
  5. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

For the heal component of the lifetap spell and CA to be substantially stronger. That's it for me.
  6. ARCHIVED-gainerface Guest

kcirrot wrote:
    If the heal amount was 1:1 with the damage it would be useful. Right now it's laughable.
  7. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    I am not going to argue that it sucks to have to spend the points to upgrade a spell that should have been part of the normal spell progression, but I'm going to complain either. Also, your math is a little off. At 80 with max points in the AA upgrade in the Bard tree my group and I are running at 46%, (with gear mods I hit 74%). Now, if this new tree is what people are claiming and we get an extra 50% from it, my group will be running around at 96%! I am more than happy to spend the points if this is the case.
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Ssue@Nagafen wrote:
    Yes was going off the new AAs where it was stated at FF that 5 points would be 50%, then I did 46+ (46*.5) = 69%. Heres the thought behind that math. In almost all cases anything that adds xx% has been multiplictive not additive.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    I now understand how you came up with your numbers, and it does make sense except, in the past all speed increases have been a % increase from the base run speed. Selo's (SoW also) is a XX% increase of base run speed. JBoots are a further 10%, Blood Mail Armor is 8%, Ring of Panic 10%, our Bard tree Selo's upgrade of 1.5% per point, based on the past I am hoping this is a 50% speed increase that stacks with the existing 46% to give 96% increase over base 0 unmodified run speed.
    Also, sorry for turning this thread into a run speed discussion. Perhaps we should wait and see what happens and hope for the best.
  10. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Ok back on track then,

[IMG]

Thats the AA tree from Fan Faire......why only 2 DIRGE skills in the Dirge line? Why an AA that looks to be for another AA, and why 2 skills that grew out of SCOUT skills, and Dirtry Tricks/Tarvens seems to be getting an AA in 3 diffrent Subclasses AA tress at the Subclass level.

Wheres the AAs for Lanet's, Hryans, Banshee, SoD/B, PoS, Clara's, Daro's?

Seeing DIRGE skills in the DIRGE tree is something else I want. You?
  11. ARCHIVED-Krescendo Guest

I'll burn for this...
    I want to run faster than everyone else in most all situations.
    I want to combine dirge and troubador and just give us a 'bard'. Think about it.
    Another thought, for those of you who have played Vanguard...the song design system there was pretty nifty. I wouldn't mind a single designable melody slot.
    My problem with instruments, they would probably rebalance for the slot, so they would take away before they giveth..
  12. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Krescendo wrote:
    Well, they'd have to, wouldn't they? I mean, we're not exactly the Feeble Children of Norrath, we're an exciting, well-balanced class. We still, with a few peculiar battle-poet-type exceptions, need instruments to really be Bards. Plus, the instruments, well-implemented, could give us a bit more flexibility without necessarily changing our overall oomph.
    There may be a fallacy there, but cope. Instruments FTW.
    Whysp
  13. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

if an instrument was going into the range slot, it would be just like a bow or thrown weapon. Giving it comparable stats would be fine.

Personally, I would prefer if they had song modifiers even if they didn't have any other stat.
    A lute that increases proc chance of stoneskin by 3%, a mandolin that gives 10% to dps or haste songs(can't forget troubs )
  14. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

I agree with the idea of instruments as ranged slot items with song modifiers and I'd also like to see a feign death, maybe targetable like the Sk one?

Thats the group/raid saving skill right there, especially with us being rezzers.
  15. ARCHIVED-tikasa Guest

More buffs but the same conct slots. Insta cast though so we can choose them according to the battle...
    Maybe a fortification song the increases the Group defence by 100 but drops DPS by 200.... for the times when you need to stabalize a tank
    Maybe a frenzied song that speeds up your cast and reuse speed by 75% but costs 100% more power
    I already switch songs based on need, but it really hurts my DPS by doing so. I love the ability to directly help the group through the decisions I can make. Right now most Dirges cast buffs and forget about em cause it is not always aparent that thay make a diff...
  16. ARCHIVED-jadsded Guest

I agree with much of what others have said here:
    AOE - Good
    Instruments - Good
    More situational buffs - Good
    The one thing I would love aside from these is to have one of the Bard end line abilities give us the ability to apply poisons. I could deal with losing Vanishing act (though it is a fun one to play with and the coolest group stealth) since it would fit best in the agi line. I would rather it was in the int line because the whole HO thing is just silly. What I would really like is for our dps to be bumped up. I have grouped with some Illy's that can out dps the wizzys in the group (these are exceptions not the rule of course), but with my guard I have never grouped with a dirge that can out dps him, let alone a real scout. I don't think we need to do as much damage as a swash, brig, or assassin but we need a dps increase. I think being able to apply poisons would effectively help with this, but really adding an extra spell/CA or 2 (especially a non group aoe) would go a long way.
    All this being said, the expansion is coming out soon and we aren't getting anything except the run speed achievement... I agree that we are well balanced and great fun to play, but this is a wish list and those are my wishes. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

As others have said, I'm not really sure exactly what would do it but something to make the class more dynamic. I love playing my 80 Ranger and 80 Zerker and once I get my Dirge to 80 I can see that on raids thats pretty much my boy. Problem is while the class is fun, at least in tier 6, sometimes I feel like I am on autopilot. Yeah I am doing stuff, but its nowhere near as kinetic as the Ranger or the Zerker with all of the passive stuff and debuffs that just lock on target.
    Maybe more stuff like CoB, maybe a "rescue" type ability that the suspense just builds while we are telling ourselves "omg am I gonna have to use it." Just something <shrug>.
  18. ARCHIVED-fbitt Guest

Feign Death.
    That's my wish.
  19. ARCHIVED-kreepr13 Guest

I would really like to have another concentration slot an AOE and Instruments that work like a bow would be nice so they work with the sapping shoot line. Replace the HO AA with the ability to use a poison or two or three.
  20. ARCHIVED-Satyrfawn Guest

fbitt wrote:
    As a Tinkerer, you get a couple of 'Feign Death' items that you can craft that come in handy. They're on different timers. I'd rather see us able to use poisons, personally. I mean, they gave us an AA poison proc... so it's not like it would be a stretch.