What do the dirges want?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

OK, as mentioned in another thread, we need more to talk about around here.
    This is going to be pretty open-ended, just for the fun of it.
    What do you want for the class? I'm always a glass-half-full sort of person, except with regard to my romantic life and there's just no hope there. I enjoy playing a dirge. But I'm also a greedy little thing, so there's always something.
    What I really want -- and the raiders will snort and scoff, of course, but that's life -- is one good power to salvage a group that's about to wipe. It doesn't have to be usable very often -- a ten minute timer would be fine. A ten-second AOE stun, or a mezz. A humongous nuke that'll fry one heroic mob in its traces. Just one rescue-type thing for the moment when the tank drops and the healer's in the red and the ranger's afk and the necromancer is behind a pillar feeding the monk to a giant spider-demon or possibly commiting a carnal act with one or both of 'em, who knows with necromancers.
    I always feel so helpless when that happens, because I know the dumb fear spell, once it finally casts, is going to get resisted or broken anyhow. I want to pull out this one cool power, hold things together long enough to raise the tank, let the healer deal with the health problems, let the ranger's microwave popcorn ding, and threaten to tell the Infernal Revenue Service about the necro's last twelve sacrifices if she doesn't get her obnoxiously-skinny rear end out here and start fighting.
    So, what do YOU want?
    Whysp
  2. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

I am a raider, and I have no idea why you would think I would scuff at an idea like that.

What I personally want is more choices. this would mean a continuing of short time recastable utility based spells. (gravitas rocks, CoB rocks, Our heal is soso lala, needs a bigger upgrade).

For exemple a spell called : the Dirges Revenge: Short term tank only (needs target) riposte buff
    Or: The Dirges Beef: Short Term Brigand/Swash only: Increase short term debuffss by X%
    Or: whatever, and plenty of it.

Give me choices that force me to make decissions based on current circomstances and I am happy. (of course more dps is needed also)
  3. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

firza wrote:
    -Just 'cause some of the ideas probably would be disabled on epics.
    -I like these notions.
    Whysp
  4. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

dun forget that raiders group also:)

Those ideas are not to serious, but just exemples of what I mean with more short terms forcing you to make more decisions
  5. ARCHIVED-Dagny Guest

In general I find this very difficult to answer. For the most part I'm darned happy with my dirge. But here are a few things I would like.

• I would like at least 1 more combat art. I don't really care what it is. But when i run through my spell set up, including waiting on the auto attack timer, I can run out of things to hit before my first has refreshed. This includes using my thermal shocker. One more combat art would really do the trick so that I can cycle continually through attacks. (and yes, my cycle does include all my debuffs)
    • I would like to be faster than a warden.. (general gripe since my warden friend likes to rub in that he is faster)
    • I would like more situational raid abilities. I typically run the same buffs for any raid. Sometimes I use Noxious whatever it is. I'd like more buffs like that where I turn it on for a fight then maybe turn on a different one for a new fight.
    Just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Sigrid - 80 Dirge, Unrest
  6. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest

How about more concentration slots??? : D

Instead of steadily upgrading, why not give bards thier full run speed from the start?
    Heck, wardens can get 45% sow so easily its ridiculous...

I'm only 30 so far, but it seems like most of our end line abilities for AA are pretty useless. I might be wrong, but I think they could use a rework.

Funny what you said about our fear, cuz already I've noticed it is pretty much unreliable at best. I even mastered it out, and green solo mobs resist it two times in a row. Or it lands and doesn't seem to affect the mob at all. The other spell that really tickes me off is something's scream or whatever (the one that dazes I think then does damage at the end). At level 24 I chose it as my Master II and that freakin spell resists more than the fear...It's gotten me so mad I pretty much have moved it to the edge of my hotbar and rarely use it. I mean, it's not even that great of a spell...whats with the resists SOE???
  7. ARCHIVED-hispania Guest

A health regenereation buff like troubadours. That's my dream.
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Stances. See no reason why we dont have em.

Selo's missing upgrades, and when T9 comes want one there too. AND STOP WITH THE %$&^ AAs TO INCREASE OUR %^&* RUNSPEED! ^&*(!

More CoB/Gravitas/Oration type skills those rock.

To be respected as a DPS class cause thats what Bards are. Theres no such class as utility in this game, theres just DPS, Tanks and healers.

Oh and I guess instruments IF AND ONLY IF they are just fluff (exactly)like the ones from LotR.
  9. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    I agree with this post.

Also, I'd like to see the STA end line ability re-worked to be more useful. Something like Shield Allyfrom the Cleric tree, maybe. Then I wouldn't have so many points in that line, but leave out the end-line ability.
  10. ARCHIVED-Neferrah Guest

Short list...
    • Increased run speed (I think this is being addressed in the new AP tree, based on photo taken at Fan Faire)
    • Ability to cast all CA/spells on the run (Bow CA/spells I can understand not being allowed) Thank you for this change, it has greatly improved my spell options in pvp!
    • Increase the cast speed and distance of our fear spell, or reduce chance of breaking from 30% to 5% when damage is taking
    • Increase Percussion of Stone proc %
    • Reduce recast of Blade Dance from 10 minutes to 2 minutes (might be worth having then)
  11. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

different colored berets
    I like the look of the red one, but that armor gets a bit old after awhile. I would like to go with another set for display, but it is tough to find a good looking helmet/hat. A blue beret or a purple one would be really nice.

How about instead of a bow, we get a lute or madolin or something with stats that goes in the ranged slots just for bards. Then I can display my ranged item and be walking around with a musical instrument strapped to my back. Then I could sing "WANTED : Dead or alive" to myself as I wait for the boat to come. They could even have cool names.
  12. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Sadii@Guk wrote:
    All I know is if instruments get added and are crafted, roll a crafter that can make them named Fender...and youll recieve ALL of my plat.

EDIT....

Ummm yeah on my server of course.
  13. ARCHIVED-Crazyivan Guest

Assassins get a targetable poison proc, so along that line how about a single target ranged mod??? This could be accomplished thru AA lines or acquiring specific NTL class-only loots.
  14. ARCHIVED-uchulayi Guest

Sadii@Guk wrote:
    fabulous idea!! how about some heroic guitar solo stances while we cast ..
    but what i really really want to select how i dance .. sexy, shoegazing or just some emo cool slouchy number ANYTHING but that ludicrous jumpy half elf jig ughhhh .. its just soo not what my persona is all about. as a result i NEVER dance and for a dirge thats just sad. ok i know my favourite real life dirge robert smith doesnt dance but he has mad HAIR and lipstick to make up for it. hmmm may be we could have that too if we wanted.

i know. i'm shallow :(
  15. ARCHIVED-Erithorn Guest

Yessss!!!
    Instruments instead of other ranged slot items !!!
    ** imagines the guitar cases of the "Desparado" ilk **

Seriously.... great idea there, why not something with stats similar to the shields of fighters, or the bandoliers .... or the bows !

Erithorn
  16. ARCHIVED-fonzchaos Guest

Just one blue damage AoE. At the very least maybe an AA that Increases the cast speed of Requiem and/or Banshee. With the new instances like veskar and RE2 it looks like the group mobs are become more common.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums Guest

For the love of gawd....
    MORE CONCENTRAION SLOTS!!!
    Multiple-Phenominal-Buff Power, itty bitty conc bar....at least it feels that way when you start buffing.
  18. ARCHIVED-BrokenAria Guest

To all those asking for more concentration... isn't that part of being a dirge- having a large pool of buffs and picking/choosing which will be best for the group you are in. At least I think that is part of the fun.
    However, I completely agree... one or two more CA's and damage-filled blue AOE would be sick.
    And whoever asked for more buffs to choose from. I completely concur. Make me think!

Oh, and a instrument on my back would be sick!
    I would actually make a tune named Yamaha or Schecter.
    Since- those are the RL musical instrument manufacturers I endorse.
  19. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

hehe, I can see it now.
    Do you guys want me to use my Les Paul of Mana Regen, or Stratocaster of hp regen?
    If Lucille drops, I still need it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest