What Are Your Favorite EQ2 Memories?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ripley New Member

Back in 1/2005 when I was a Gnome Warrior on Permafrost, there was a guild I planned on joining. While I was awaiting my submission for approval I stumbled across a couple characters in Antonica while working on my Betrayal Questline and needed their help. They were more than helpful, and I felt conflicted because here I was on Permafrost (transferred from Antonia Bayle) and was looking to join a different guild, and after reading their charter, found myself to be a perfect fit for The League of the Ignoble Liver..

I joined a group in Blackburrow as their main tank with the two guildleaders and couple "officers" (I use that term lightly, because most of them were all drinking by this time), and right when I pulled one of the named mobs, after me making a very big deal about it, saying that I haven't really done much tanking yet so no guarantees...the guild leader throws a freaking guild invite window right in front of my screen..

The rest they say is history, and that guild invite set the tone for one hell of a ride with the best people I've ever had the privilege of gaming with.

I'll never forget that, and the guild officers decided to run with that form of guild invites...I can't remember all of them, but I'm sure there were some potential guildies that got a guild invite right during a named raid pull. =D
  2. Kenn Well-Known Member

I remember launch day crystal clear. Getting used to the UI and changing it to full screen mode. I spent all day on the Island of Refuge. The next day, I went to my home town Graystone Yard and spent the next few days exploring and questing Qeynos. When I found the horse, it was a shock to how much it costed. I thought it would take years to afford a horse. I was beyond amazed at the water in Anotonica, it looked so realistic and seeing the fish swimming around. This game was the coolest experience ever, and I was a complete addict. When finally made it to Thundering Steppes and saw the horses, I was about ready to quit my job to play. It really felt that magical. Fast forward months and now I leader of a guild with 200 players and we formed an alliance with another guild Black Sheep to raid the Prismatic Time line. It took us 3 months of meeting once a week to complete it. The level cap was 50 at the time, and we had wiped several raids in Cazic Thule. It was the funnest years ever. I still remember the first year of playing eq1, and eq2 was even better. I have never been able to capture that magic completely obsessed feeling with any other game and can't wait to see what eq3 brings.
  3. Chrisworld Active Member

I haven't been here since day 1, but for 7 out of those 10 years I've had my adventures in EverQuest II. It started in the summer of 2007 when my Step Brother and my Best Friend pushed me to try out the game. I purchased the classic box from somewhere, but I forget where. I was pretty much raised on the 1-50 Shattered Lands content as this was where they had played since the beginning, and I still love going to the older zones to play on new characters. I maintain that even though this content is old today, its still the most role playing, adventurous and fine hand crafted content in the entire game, period.

The adventure going from Island > City Sub Zones > CL/Antonica simply cannot be recreated from the new starter cities today. Even today I will make a new character, say good for example, then leave Halas around level 5, head to Oakmyst > Caves > Antonica and then either do some of TS or Butcherblock onward. My favorite zones though are probably the Kingdom of Sky.

We have had many hiatuses but I believe I played on and off from mid 2007 to mid 2008, then played nearly straight from mid 2008 to mid 2009 resting in a year's hiatus until Nov 2010 playing until very early 2011. Another hiatus until May 2014 and I'm still going 6 months later and don't plan on stopping.

My step brother bought me Kingdom of Sky back in early 2008 so I could have the AA tree, so my character wouldn't suck. I remember when Rise of Kunark came out and then The Shadow Odyssey. The live events in 2008 leading up to the launch of TSO were probably some of the most fun times I have ever had in this game. I still have a character decked out in the Shadow Lurker plate armor and the blue flowing void cloak. Hard to believe 6-7 years have passed since then. hard to believe the game is a decade old.

Something about this game keeps us coming back, and I don't know what it is. I guess it's just because it's one of the best MMO's out there.
  4. Balbasur Active Member

Pwning ppl in t7 and t8 pvp on nagafen
  5. Fanatica New Member

Other than meeting some wonderful people in EQ2, I think my most favorite memories are when we ran a raid alliance and worked our way up to getting our Mythical weapons. We had a lot of fun and went through hard work but we all did it. Then after all our members got their weapons, our raid leader ran many pick up raids to get whoever we could weapons. It was very exciting every single time we helped someone.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Shakacon Member

My favorite EQ2 memory is without a doubt what was also a magical moment in real life for me as well. You see, my husband and I were married in Everquest II about 1 month before we were married in real life. The vows we wrote for each other for our EQ2 were the vows we used in our real wedding. Our entire guild attended the wedding and crafted party favors that were given out to attendees. Our Guild Leader was the priest at our EQ2 wedding who performed the ceremony for us. We held this magical joining of our two lives in Greater Faydark right near the waterfall. It was a new zone that had recently been released at the time and when I happened upon it, I knew that is would be the most romantic of locations for our wedding. The view was spectacular and the music that was played by the game in that area perfect for a wedding. My husband (then fiancé) and I were married together on that day and we have been playing EQ2 together ever since!
    Jaden, ET3D, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  7. Fanatica New Member

Great story :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Awe, this is a wonderful love story! Your guild mates sound amazing too. Do you have any screenshots from your in-game ceremony? I'd love to see :) Congrats to you both!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.