What Are Your Favorite EQ2 Memories?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabri Well-Known Member

What this game has meant to me personally:

I met my husband 7 years ago on this game(still together)
    My daughter had a problem with heroin(many moons ago), I moved her to another country and made her play EQII and she has been drug free ever since(long story)
    My daughter also met her husband on this game 4 yrs ago( still together) and I now have a grandchild :)
    To all the friends that have grown old with me through this game.
    And to my friend Methosj (Forces of Evil Bazaar server) that is now not with us and loved this game RIP

Cool memories:
    Having to retrieve my body after dying
    Getting my first plat
    Watching my husband die constantly to lava in lavastorm on his zerker
    My husband fd'ing my fae when we were racing to the Butcherblock docks and I took a shortcut off the ledge to get there.(cheater)
    Too many to list

But its been a fun ride thanks SOE.
  2. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

LOL I was probably one of those people so ingrained in the ways of EQ that I didn't believe it either right away ;)

That's really amazing and wonderful to hear!

That's pretty awesome to have another RL hobby related to your game character! As a game Druid, I wish I could say I'm excellent with nature or something IRL, but flowers, fruits, and veggies pretty much die at my touch : / Maybe I'm really more of a Shadowknight...
  3. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Priceless :)

I remember a few of these, but I don't remember seeing them all together like this. It's an impressive collection of some amazing comics! Thank you for sharing :)
  4. Fayrtria New Member

As a Fury, I remember how excited I was to get a full set of leather armor from the bears in Thundering Steppes!
    I was thrilled to find we had inn rooms to decorate, and became a carpenter. I worked hard to produce each type of furniture there was, it was like opening gifts on Christmas morning. I worked hard, making huge piles of pristine screws, dowels, nails, planed wood, you name it. Finally, I was delighted to complete a pristine piece of furniture or nic nac.
    I began harvesting day and night, in fact, in the beginning, I took a break from being a serious quester so I could just harvest my time away. Each day I slipped on my running shoes, I would run the sides of cliffs and mountains to get away from all the mobs and wild animals in Antonica and Thundering Steppes. I would do the happy dance each time a zone's mobs turned gray and moved on to the next. That really is the way I leveled for a long time.
    I flipped when I discovered we could have our own horses. OH, and Yay!! that horse, took just three months of hard harvesting labor for rares to sell for the purchase of my first Steppes Pony.
    After I bought my first horse, I settled down to questing also. I loved exploring the many beautiful lands. Killing mobs, just cause they were cute or ugly. I wondered what each type of mob would drop, so I had to kill them all. I saved each piece of copper and it was heavy.
    Today, I have many crafters, houses and animals. I hoard in Norrath, after all, there is no dust, the animals have plugs in their bums so there is no mucking out stables.
    I saved the best to last, friendships made from the very beginning all those years ago, I have loved and lost, loved and kept...I have such a close bond with my precious friends, we all still guild together, quest together, conquer together, you name it and best of all even over the hundreds of miles, we are still friends even outside of Norrath .
    Thank you SoE for EQII has enriched my life, my friends and families lives with lots of fun filled stress free hours of adventure!
  5. Sylvain Member

Haha! I remember this too! I still catch an old schooler sitting to med from time to time. If only more of the player honor and respect made it's way over as well. I remember when it was ok to ask what some might deem as a stupid noob question in /ooc without being ridiculed, and get a helpful answer with out being part of a particular group of friends.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gondwana like this.
  6. Sylvain Member

This is easy for me, I remember my good friend that turned me on to early EQ. Beta had just started for both WoW and EQ2.
    I was quite happy with the player community on Quellious where except for an occasional thieving gnome most treated each other honorably and RP and a nice tip could get you a corpse summon or a Templar would come and rez you and buff you well.
    Our EQ community was doomed to feel the ravages of the above mentioned betas. The populations of friends and other players began to dwindle. I did not want to log in and test fearing the fall of Quellious and all we had there but my buddy made his 1st toon a scout on the Isle of Refuge. As I looked over his shoulder from my 3 boxing EQ and 1st saw him use stealth I was hooked.

It was only hrs later I was on that isle, slaying gobbies at the barricades and beginning a new chapter in our gaming history. We still play together, as does my son with me, and I still love my scout class. It's been many years since and I can not even count the number of RL friends I have brought to Norrath.

This game captured my imagination and if you ever find yourself on the Freeport server these days keep an eye out for a Freeblood ranger named Slyboots, greet him well, but don't be turning your back for long.

Nostalgic old-school Gamer
  7. Jimbolini Member

"Patches" the cat dying in BETA from too much pepper fed to him due to a bug.

Group of Devs trying to figure out how to revive him.

Players holding a vigil for the dead kitty.

Classic forum post somewhere in the old old archives.

Good times

edit: LOL I found the old sig many players had when cat bugged out !! /memories
  8. Marlia New Member

Hello Everyone
    well this is one of my funniest memories! in EQ2.. went with a few friends to get my mythical weapon ..back in EQ2 your mount and a pet monkey looked the same it was called a Whistle . I fell and Died so a healer came to rez me and says ok lets mount up and go ! and of course I hit the wrong whistle and brang out my monkey, he say's your not gonna ride that are ? I was so upset in real life I cried ...today I laugh about it :)
  9. Nolus Well-Known Member

• Do you have an interesting story to tell from when you started in EverQuest II?
    I was talking to someone on the phone while I was doing class selection and picked enchanter. Funny enough, now I have 3 coercers and my main coercer is not at the cap. Oops.
    • Do you remember your first group or raid experience?
    Yes, the boat ride x2 (I think) from Nek to EL = first time I got thrown around! We must have beat it because I did get access to EL - before that fallen gate AQ's omg hard zone!
    • What great milestones do you remember achieving in game?
    Not really.... I mean, I loved the prismatic story and I suppose the mythical was an achievement. To tell you the truth. I think the best achievement was meeting wonderful people in game. After ten years a few have passed (RIP) the down side to playing so long - seems that list is bigger now. We all are human after all.
    • What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you and your friends in game?
    Blackguards snowball fight. (I lost my screenies.) it crashed the zones and was great fun!
    • Have you formed some close friendships or even relationships with people you've met in-game?
    Yes, wife and other family (now)!
  10. Azzak New Member

My favorite things have to be
    1) Dying to the Crafting table.....
    2) Dying to a treasure chest.....
    3) Looking at that Epic x2 Dragon with all of our corpse shards littering the mountain side in Antonica, standing there buck naked because all our armor was broken, not being able to run back into battle because our weight was so low all we could do was walk... our group of 6 did finally take it down half hour later...
    4) The ability to run just as fast backwards as forwards as a ranger kiting anything I wanted to including Epic mobs as long as I had enough arrows to finish the encounter.

It was mentioned already but that betrayal quest was pretty damn grueling but man was it rewarding to finish...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gondwana like this.
  11. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I loved the original betrayal quest. I thought it was very well done, challenging, and legitimately terrifying (a level 10-18, sneaking from Qeynos to Commonlands, through level 30+ owlbears in Nek Forest? As a class with no invis? Yikes). I ultimately did this betrayal process 3 times, always leaving Qeynos. I was the first halfling bruiser and wood elf SK on LDL, back in early 2005. My husband played along with me and he was the first dwarf assassin on the server. I hung out in CL after I was successful on my halfling bruiser and would help out any fellow halflings making the attempts (halfling solidarity, rawr!). I did the newer process after Neriak launched and while I enjoyed the speed, it wasn't fun. Now I can just buy a token and poof.

I remember my first guild that I joined - I was working on a quest from the Baubbleshire from a gnome in the bank, who sent me to Thundering Steppes for some parts. I was able to join a group, they helped me with my updates, and ultimately invited me into their guild because we all got along so well. Nowadays if you want to progress your character you have to fill out a resume to join a guild, personality doesn't really matter if you can parse high, and there is no loyalty.

My most favorite memory? That first boat ride tutorial, and landing on the island. I had my half elf monk, started on Befallen server (because I loved the dungeon in EQ1) and heard that music and was hooked.
  12. Azzak New Member

Just to add I also loved the way the classes started...

Choosing how your class fleshed out Eg; Fighter/warrior/beserker

I miss that the most...
    Seefar, Nolus, Gondwana and 1 other person like this.
  13. Koren Member

The very first HQ I ever did was 'These boots were made for...' and I remember needing to collect 100 wood and 100 ore. Took me forever or it felt like it back in those days, but I remember feeling so proud of myself when I finally completed it! I have a lot more great memories from this game. Its my favorite of all the games I play. Here's to 10 years of Everquest 2 and to 10 more great years to come!!!
  14. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Hah just remembered another fun thing - all the drama/fuss over the graphic for the Gi of Blissful Awareness. Back in the day, the armor quest reward for bruisers had a very unique gi graphic, and when they revamped some rewards in the Caves for Qeynos the gi graphic was the same. It was the skimpiest bp graphic in the game and many that could equip it rushed to do the quest (basically all but mages).

They pulled the graphic because if the "low quality" but there was a lot of fuss. People really wanted to be able to show some skin.

This is the only screenshot I have of my monk wearing it, with the status workman's pants you could get from the city vendors. This is what it used to look like when you modified your appearance, back before you could do it in game. :) You had to do it from character select.

[IMG]
  15. Koren Member

I miss those days too and how you need to complete trials at 9 and 19 to move on in your class.
    Seefar and Nolus like this.
  16. Virgatus Member

I'll always remember the friendships I've made over the years. Oh and the endless nights of fun in Blackburrow and Thundering Steppes when I first started playing during the spring of 2005.

My favorite raiding memories were from DoF and KoS. Who can forget the months a lot of us spent raiding the Laboratory of Lord Vyemm! I visit that zone from time to time during our throwback raids and still love it.
  17. Lysia Active Member

1) the day I met probably my best friend in the game -- well, my very first best friend LOL---
    I was such a noob --- he got me in the dear, departed guild "Rising Dawn " -- and that started it all,
    we ran around killing scarecrows and things -- I died and revived way over by the Qeynos gate when I could've revived over by the very close griffon tower -- I was so dumb -- "rez points? what are rez points ?"

2) my very first griffon ride -- and that "OMG " feeling -- along with being a tad air sick
    3) my friend from Hong Kong helping me get that pesky final wizard quest done to actually BECOME a wizzie
    (in Blackburrow)
    4) my very first dungeon -- the one in the lighthouse in Antonica
    5) running around picking up spirit shards after I died --- kinda miss that ...
    6) my first trip to Nek Castle --- what an awful place LOL -- but was tons of fun
    7) my first trip to Veeshan's Peak --- I was so scared, I was shaking
  18. Lysia Active Member

8) oh --- and I remember ( not exactly fondly LOL ) when we went to having to have our equipment "attuned"
    I remember them saying "you may die if you do not attune " -- well, dummy me said "ok, then -- we MAY die, but they didn't say we WOULD die " so I left it unattuned -- and went to kill bears in TS -- yep you guessed it -- equipment got attuned real fast
  19. Ratza Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember how dirty looking our undergarmets were and then the shock when they all got changed to tidy whities....lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Azzak like this.
  20. Gondwana New Member

Oh the memories.. I loved the way travel was travel not just a click. I loved the way a death really meant somthing. I loved the way everything was dangerous, now nothing is dangerous - the only people that feels the thrill of danger is high lvl raiders (and thats not me). I loved isle of refuge. Please oh please bring back an old school server with all that and ill be a subscriber once again..
    Memories of friends and guildies on Darathar and Venekor in the guild Liberation. Friendships that moved through time and across servers, Noelia, Dojjo, Hurio i miss you guys, you were my first and best friends here...
    Seefar, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Nolus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.