What Are Your Favorite EQ2 Memories?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; I can still do that without having the sky fall on my head. The only server I don't play on at all (nor will ever) is Nagafen, because I loathe PvP; I think most folks on the servers will understand a "noob" question. If nothing else, the fine folks over at Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow are all pretty cool, in my experience; the ones that aren't, well, /ignore is your friend. ;->

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, Koren! :D

Uwk
    looking forward to the 20th Anniversary reward!
    Koren and Prissetta like this.
  3. Awkk Well-Known Member

My favorite memories are of Double and Triple Station Cash events. :)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll have to say, though, that I LOVE the Billy illusion (as long as I have Illusions turned off; freaks me out, too)! It's almost imperative for those really tight decorating locations! :)

Uwk
  5. Burly New Member

For me it was raiding in the best expansion pack Rise of Kunark in the guild Dracos Argent

[IMG]
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to get hung in effigy for this, but among my favorite things are the CHANGES that, frankly, I think were for the better:

No more having to do the endless, stupid, godforsaken sub-combines. I hated those things and they made no sense; even in the medieval days IRL, you didn't have to do absolutely everything from freakin' scratch (though I do miss the extra tradeskill XP for making a Pristine! ;->). It made the "grind" I still feel about tradeskilling 80 times worse (and would it spoil some vast, eternal plan to get Provisioners the ability to make 2-4 items per build instead of only 1-2 for everyone below level 95?). LOVE that the things we need to counter complications in tradeskilling are set up automagically for us now (makes the whole mess a lot more intuitive now; thanks! :D). I died 3 times in a row at the Forge because I didn't know where the bloody icons were for the buttons. X-P

No more only one character per account being able to Broker stuff, and no more having to be online, in game, 24/7 if you wanted folks to be able to come to your house for the waiving of the Broker fees (viva la Selling Crates!). :-/

Love that coins of various denominations stack properly when they should (10,000c = 100s = 1g, and groups accordingly). Don't like that they winnowed down our stats to only two "real" ones. :-/

No more required access quests (newbies, ask me some time about those damn griffon egg quest necessities for getting anywhere in Thundering Steppes; timed, the only eggs were usually right under the named Heroic aggro red-to-us griffins, and the Griffin Tamer usually sank below the deck of the tower the minute I got close. I could either /camp to myself to get the Tamer back and break the quest and have to start all over again, or try to run to another one and hope I got there in time [and no, /target Griffin Tamer never worked for me]) and boat fees to get to someplace on the map (there were times I couldn't afford the 60s without asking a group member for help. What's scarier is even back then, the in-game economy here was still way better than WoW's; it's one of the things I love about this game). What's funny is that Uwk can go to any Travel Bell map and still get one of the ships as a point he can zone to... ;->

No more Spirit Shards or corpse runs. Hated corpse runs in WoW and much prefer a button (though I don't approve of spending SC for something that will happen instantly anyway), mainly since I solo these days and don't have access to a group rezzer (and no, I don't do Mercs). ;->

No more struggling to be able to afford a mount that was slower than a ring or cloak I can get as a new toon now (love the new ground speeds! :D). X-P

I do miss the Isle of Refuge; I miss the various suburbs terribly (I still wish we'd get prestige homes of those zones!) and not having to do one's racial quests by going in cautiously and slaughtering people that used to be your character's friends and neighbors; I miss the Frostfell Village that didn't require lots of bloodshed to get our starting quests (though I LOOOOVVVE that we have the FF stations year-round now! Good change! :D); and the great folks I used to group and guild with (my current guildies are all really cool, but I miss the folks of my first guild on Crushbone, and the folks that got me into the game in the first place. At least one can't play because his computer can't handle the graphics reqs any more).

LOVE the new Mail and Broker access we have now! Now, if we could only mail multiple items at a time like we can in WoW (paying the fees for each, but still)... ;->

My favorite moment? I'd have to say the time I found out about purchasable Character Slots...I could finally get all 9 of the tradeskill specialties on any of my servers (well, okay, Crush, Test, and Splitpaw first) without needing to go the "Station Access" route back then ("I don't NEED 12 character slots! I need NINE!"). And, of course, build up the Horde and expand to other servers...tomorrow, the world! ;->

In short, there's a lot of favorite things I have about this game, and lots of them are relatively new (though I don't care for the automagic AA trees, and especially not the Tradeskill ones)! Let's hope good changes keep continuing! :)

Uwk
    Koren, Prissetta and Sapphirius like this.
  7. Rargo Active Member

I started playing the free demo on the Isle of Refuge 3 months after the game went live. I made my 1st and only character that day and after 2 weeks on the Isle I purchased the game. My 3rd day in Antonica I met a friend named Maree. We spent many hundreds of hours questing together. I remember the first Christmas I gave her a plat. Was a huge amount of money back then.
    To this day Maree and I share a guild on Antonia Bayle. We may live in separate parts of the country but we still are good friends after all these years.
    We have been through a few guilds and had our own guilds come and go.. but we always stick together. This was my first MMO and will probably be my last. I will be here to the end.
  8. Samplesize Member

I've been disabled for almost 20 years now. (December 6th is the 20th Anniversary). Being disabled stopped me from doing the things I always did. I was a Ballerina for 13 yrs in my childhood, and still did all the exercises. I played with my Son and the kids in the neighborhood, as if I was one of them. I ran 10 miles a day and loved to go horse-back riding, ride Roller Coasters, (the big wooden ones), and just about anything until physical exhaustion set in to make me stop. I was a Physical Therapist, and enjoyed being part of the miracle of helping people who's bodies and lives were in pieces, and helping them to put things back to together...and become productive members of society again. Now, my life had a great big hole in it. I walk in my house with a cane for short distances, and use a wheelchair for longer ones...but I cannot propel myself. I have to be pushed. I worked on my gardens, (by tooling on the ground on a thingy used for working under cars). But my gardens were beautiful. My son was growing up and started going with his friends. My husband always had his friends over, and they be working on cars, going to Auto Shows or playing basketball. I was left out. Then, my Sister introduced me to MMORPGs. Beginning with Original EQ, in it's Beta in 1996. I played it for 4 yrs. And felt alive again! This world allowed me to do things I can't really do in reality, (as they do for a good number of players world wide that are disabled as I am), and I could be in a "social setting, without physical restrictions. It was wonderful! But when my Husband was hit head on by a Drunk Driver, and I had to put things on hold for awhile. A year and half later, I could finally resume things for "me", and followed my Sister around from game to game...but it never had that "At Home" feel to it. The people were so artificial, I guess. Too many "kids" wanting to get "stuff and "level". And never get the Lore and Stories that make the games what they really are.

In November of 2001, right after our country was thrown into chaos, my life once would take another turn. One that would send me reeling for a very long time. I was told I had a mass in my left breast. When I told my husband, he said that was too much for him to take. Me being disabled was enough...he couldn't take this too. He left 3 days later. Dumping everything in my lap. Within the next few months, I had to say goodbye to my"first House", my gardens that I used as therapy, my 2 dogs and 2 cats, pack up my son and myself, and move 831 miles from what I knew as Home" for my whole life..to one back with my parents. I had my surgery for a mass that thankfully, was not cancer. They implanted a "marker' where pre-cancer cells were, to keep an eye on them. I got "divorced by phone", of all things. And would try to find a niche where I'd fit in, in this new life. I needed a distraction. A place of my own, where I could "run away from it all". My Son was now an adult and starting a life of his own. I felt isolated, trapped in this house, in my body and in this social void. I had nothing to "keep me busy".

Then, I found it! The place I could now call "Home Away from Reality". The World of EverQuest 2, opened up it arms and the people in it too. I could feel free inside it's safe walls, and yet be as silly as I wanted to be. I could adventure into places that were magical, and loose myself from the days stresses. I could buy houses...LOTS of them (as the years went by), and decorate them with things I made with my own hands! (respectively hehe). I could ride a horse for miles and not get saddle sore! And the people within this world, were wonderful! I could become this "avatar" I was playing, and the warm people within would play along with me. Role Play became a part of me. I learned about the Lore of this new world, and would make friendships with people Worlds away! I've grown comfortable with the thought that EQ2 will be here when I need them to be. That SoE really cares about their patrons and what happens to them within the world they created. I've even Role Played Petitions, if I've had problems within the game...and the GMs Role Played along with me!! What a wonderful thing!

Thank you for all the years of comfort, adventure and entertainment, the world you've created for the thousands and thousands that play with it World Wide; and for being one of rarities within the World of MMORPGs...by showing us you really care about your patrons, by in game "goodies", and the quality of in game and account service; no other game out there can claim to have. Here's to many more years together! *lifts her glass of Ale* Cheers!
  9. Madelinerose Member

I was playing everquest1 when this new game came out. so many left EQ1 to check it out that it only took me about ten days to buy it and play. OMG..i loved every little and big thing I saw, it was so much fun and I could dance!.The best thing was that when I died, I still had all my armor on! I remember the isle of refuge, it was a lot of fun, so many of us running around that little island. I was scared when I had to ask to leave it LOL. I miss all the little towns that are basically gone now. My first major quest line was to get my armor set from the down below. It may not have been the best armor but dang it looked sexy!So many people were down there trying to get their armor it was hard to find a mob to kill. Great friends. My favorite moment was when.Strike recruited me and then began my love of raiding. There are too many memories to list. There is always something that keeps me coming back. Oh...one thing I definitely miss. Before guild halls, everyone would hang out in the harbor. If you had new equipment, this was where you could show it off. This was also where you would find your lifelong friends.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Moonglow New Member

I just had to add something. I can remember playing WOW first as I wasn't sure really what to play and needed to play something to keep my mind busy. Went to SWG when it came out and stayed until the server shut down. Heard people talking about EQ2 and decided to see what it was like so downloaded the free trail and was hooked. Made my first toon a mouse lol as that is what I call the ratonga and easier to spell too. I fell in love with the harvesting and the questing. Since personal depots weren't in the game at the time, lol trying to store a ton of harvests in your bank and bags was a challenge. I love this game so much and I can do things in the game that I can't do in real, like run, ride a horse and many other things. I am very thankful for the developers and people, having created a game to such a wonderful relaxing environment. With over 100 toons later, I still love this game and the friends I have made in game. Wouldn't trade it for the world and look forward to many more happy years and adventures in EQ2. There is always so much to do in game that a mouse's work is never done. lol.
  11. Faelynn Active Member

Rolling my first char - still my main - to the boat tutorial and then spending the next I dunno, week or so it seemed, on the Isle of Refuge, some month or two before Desert of Flames came out. Those Level 4 goblins were pretty scary looking when I passed through that second doorway. (Or were they level 3? Scary either way..). Many repeated spawnings & killings of the Guurok before finally leaving the Isle (and a few leftover skulls.. and even now, somehow I've managed to hang on to a Gooey Ear Plug). After leaving, and having a few alts that had left as well -- rolling another alt & keeping it there so I could easily harvest the roots. Nowhere else has matched the enjoyment of that Isle. The Prestige House is a nice reminder, but.. I really want it back with the mobs and everything as it was.

Finally catching up with max level for the first time in the Kunark expac. Also getting my first "real" raid experiences there... still the best expac for raids to date, imo. Getting my myth from those raids to boot.. happy day.

Joined the guild of my inlaws & their friends - loved what they called it, Autonomous Collective. Sadly, one by one over the next several months or so, RL and other games got the better of them all. Like most of their mains, they had promoted me to one of the Officer ranks,but eventually the Leader left as well. Did not know about the Leaderless Guild petition process.. ended up getting a new recruit not long later who proceeded to clean out the guild bank while I was at work after I had given him his first promotion. The SOE reps explained that while they could not give the items back, they could handle it as a Leaderless Guild petition.. held a vote amongst the 3 of us still playing, who had unanimously agreed it would go to me (my sister in law was the original lead). And yet still somehow I nearly cried when I logged in one day after the week had passed and found Faelynn was the Guild Leader. Several years later... she still is. I've had numerous folks come & go in that time, most quite personable.

Over 9 years later now.. and still thoroughly enjoying it.
  12. Lizabethan Active Member

Have you formed some close friendships or even relationships with people you've met in-game?
    I met my fiance after a panel on CoE at Fan Faire. After we got home, I happened to be testing the expansion and his name popped up in chat. Many, many /whispers later, and I was smitten. When we finally exchanged numbers, I didn't know his real name yet so I put in his toon's. After two years, I still haven't put his real name in my phone. :D
  13. pawsome Member

Cheers to all who helped build the memories of one of the greatest events in EverQuest II history. Of course I speak of the viral response of a players' request for decorator help for her son Ribbitribbit in the guild called Lilypad Jungle on the Guk server. How a guild could be leveled to 70+ with a fully decorated hall and outdoor theme park in 24 hours. John you are not forgotten.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Ribbitribbitt_(EQ2)

google for direct link
  14. Bloodroze New Member

Oh God I remember the time I got lost in Nek Castle for 6 and 1/2 hours. Needless to say I can run through there with my eyes closed now lol.
  15. Meeba Member

What I remember most poignantly was when Meeba left Freeport for good and stepped into the Baubbleshire to start her new life there (Meeba just HAD to be a Mystic, so I betrayed her as soon as I was able!). I loved that little area, and felt like it was a perfect fit for her. The other moment that impressed Meeba the most is when the Ratonga were finally accepted as good guys, and she could run around Qeynos and get cheered, not jeered, at. :)
  16. Jimbolini Member

Running to Naggy at level 50.

That was a hoot!
  17. Morgiane New Member

Hello Everyone
    • Do you have an interesting story to tell from when you started in EverQuest II? ---- i was introduced to EQ1 by one of my former friends and i wasn't interested in it at all and then later they introduced me to EQ2 and i fell in love. my most favorite part was the isle of refuge and the class quest series. I really miss it.
    • Do you remember your first group or raid experience? ------ My first raiding experience was at the temple of faceless and harrows end. It was a lot of fun. This is my first raiding experience because i was unable to play for several years, leaving just after the pillar of flames expansion and came back just after the velious expansion came out.
    • What great milestones do you remember achieving in game?------ my most treasured milestone is when i betrayed my wood elf from Qeynos to Freeport. My wood elf necro is my pride and joy.
    • What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you and your friends in game?------- This one is difficult, I guess when my friends and i tried to kill Anguis and Doomsquall for the first time and we got one shotted. that was rather interesting because we should have been capable of killing them.
    • Have you formed some close friendships or even relationships with people you've met in-game?---- I have made friends and a relationship along the way in the game. I have even traveled across the country to meet my friends that i had made in game.
  18. Tock Member

• Do you have an interesting story to tell from when you started in EverQuest II?
    TockTrivia™ - I spent over three hours coming up with Tock's name on March 7th of 2005.

I was so lost when I first arrived in Qeynos back in March of 2005. I poked around the Baubbleshire for four days, trying to find "The Caves" for my citizenship quest, but ending up in the Catacombs again and again. Eventually, I found out I could get where I needed to be via the dock bell!
    • What great milestones do you remember achieving in game?
    Reaching level 50 Carpenter! So, so long ago!
    • What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you and your friends in game?
    So far, the most interesting thing that's happened to be is that I've come full circle, from joining a great roleplay guild as a newbie, both to the game and to roleplaying all those years ago, to now being guild leader of that very same guild. Vagabond Knights forever! Black & Gold, baby!
    • Have you formed some close friendships or even relationships with people you've met in-game?
    Many relaly good friendships, especially the founders of the VK (Spindel and Tosta - turned out we lived nearby in RL!) and a fellow decorator/roleplayer I've kept in touch with over the past decade, Adeste, who I finally got to meet face-to-face this past year! I've met several other friends from the game face-to-face and have kept in touch out-of-game with many others, and they've all been wonderful experiences, but these three stand out.

EQ2 stopped being just a game I play years ago. It's a huge part of my life and brings me much happiness!
  19. Ulofoig New Member

• Do you have an interesting story to tell from when you started in EverQuest II?

It was back when i was about two weeks in the game, running a ranger outfitter, a templar scholar and a bard scholar that i noticed that dieing at the crafts-table really was a drag down.
      We organized coops between "high level" bards and "low level" craftsmen to build groups within the cellars in order to resupply us with energy and improved health regeneration. That actually said all i wanted to know about the community and got me even more fixed on eq2 than tiny gifts or helpful hands or guilds with over 350 active accounts or such.

• Do you remember your first group or raid experience?

Yes - it was somewhat early iun the day and someone needed to visit cauldron hollow (yes, that was a raidzone back then). I was asked to tank for the raid - despite beeing equipped with mastercrafted lvl 32 gear. Back then MC was nice but considered "only in slow groups please" - the support of two full fabled raid healers made it an "easy go" none the less and we did the whole zone in less than 28 minutes with only one character having to be revived (twice though, our wizard was a cocky guy and did not like to support tanks)

• What great milestones do you remember achieving in game?

Beeing one of the first dozen of crafters having the earring done was amazing - we had masses of visitors in the guildhalls afterwards. Beeing the third on my server to finish it with all crafting classes made me really proud after that:

• What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you and your friends in game?

The betrayal of an officer of my first guild. That son of a ***** stole 4 platinum from the guild back when we had to exchange copper for silver in order not to run around overburdened and the average char on the server had about 14 gp or so....

• Have you formed some close friendships or even relationships with people you've met in-game?

Not really - some more or less looose binds but my calendar would not even make it considerable to go for more - there is some "real life" application running in ther background permanently that has the nasty habit to be poking around with urgent stuff whenever the ingame life might get more interesting..

20. Starseeker New Member

I've been playing since launch, but my most memorable moment came many years later.

Durring the time of RoK, I had just returned from a 3 month hiatus to find my long time guild in chaos, and a few long time friends wishing to break off and create a new guild.

We did so and since I was an officer in my old guild I became an officer in my new guild Contempt. We had started raiding picking up the discontents from a few other guilds.

However, a month in, the leaders disappeared and I got elected to be guild leader of this baby guild that had just started getting the ball rolling on raiding.

We were not uber raiders by any means, and the majority of the time we were short people but we struggled and fought our way through the lower zones working up to VP (I'm not sure how many times we did laviathan to get everyone access..) we only raided 2 nights a week. We did nights of questing to get everyone caught up on their epic weapon quest. To make sure the entire guild was ready for VP

So 5 months later we enter the gates of VP finally with enough people with access. We fight through the first wing, and do rather well. We defeat Druushk within the first week getting a few people their epic weapons, and go on to Nexona.

We struggled against Nexona, over and over...and alot of people thought this would be the end and the breaking point.

Then one night a month after defeating Druushk, the stars aligned and we beat nexona...and then we went to the second wing the same night, staying up later than ususal to do so, and beat all of the named there without much of a struggle. Getting epics for those classes that had 2nd wing dragons.

We all agreed to come back the next night a sunday night which was not our regular raid night to try to get the 3rd wing.

We formed and took out the 3rd wing, it ran late, people were up late on a sunday night to make sure those folks who had Phara-Dar as an update could get their epics. We were determined to get everyones epic weapons that night. The joke was at the time, that we would never be able to repeat this kind of performance (which was semi acurate lol).

We managed to get the entire guilds epic weapons over the course of 2 days.

We never did get Trakanon, but the feeling of watching all that system spam in such a short time for a little guild that was always short people and struggled for so long to get to VP was a feeling that I would never forget. I was so proud of my guildies!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.