What Are Your Favorite EQ2 Memories?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Me too! And I'm pretty sure all 7 hours were spent dieing repeatedly... ;)

I know the feeling! Billy reminds me of an evil little Chucky doll!

It's so wonderful to hear these stories and see how the game can have have such a positive effect on people's lives! I'm so happy you shared those milestones with us Tabri, they're amazing!
  2. pawsome Member

EQ2 was my first MMO. In October 2005, on The Bazaar server, a human guardian my first and remains my main of 7 alts. While waiting in Castleview Hamlet for my guardian to receive an invite to a guild which I am now leader, I met a female high elf, in time we adventured together and later married in game. In 2006 we met IRL, I moved 750 miles to be with her, we married and have a family. I continue to play daily. I have made so many friends and have so many more great memories.
    I am Bandar Nevrqwit, leader of Mythic Alliance of the Freeport server. To you, all of my friends of EverQuest II, I say "Huzzah! and well met."
  3. JMichael New Member

My first raid in EQ2..in fact in any game. I thought that it as going to be so easy. How hard could it be?!? A bunch of newbies in mostly cheap treasured gear.

[IMG]
  4. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I loved all of your memories, but this made me laugh especially hard.

LOL Now that would make an interesting mount! Let's page Tom to see if we can put saddles on enlarged monkeys!! (After the ducks of course ;) )

I remember being incredibly nervous about having to complete the required boat quest for access to EL and Zek, but I was SO excited when I finally gained entrance to those zones. :)
  5. Virgatus Member

Killing Billy for the first time was something to celebrate back then!
  6. Virgatus Member

Priceless!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I have some awesome memories from Labs as well :) Vyemm!

Same here! lol
  8. Virgatus Member

When our guild hit level 60 we all purchased the War-barded White Cavalry Horses and paraded around The Sinking Sands to show them off. They were the nicest looking horses at the time and were a bit of a status symbol for guilds.

I remember getting requests to join our guild just so they could get that mount.
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

I'm sure i had posted this somewhere but maybe not here... my first actual memory of EQ2 is from long before the game was released (or even in beta).

I was never an EQ player and had little interest in the sequel until... i came to browse the Official EQ2 site and there was a section on classes or races (i don't remember which) and each section had one of the in-game character models. The Ratonga model danced when you either clicked or moused over it and OMG! it was the greatest thing ever! It was just the regular in-game dance (i know that now) - but for back then - the quality of the graphic and the animation were so far beyond anything that had come before that it was just mindblowing. Plus, the Ratonga was just insanely cool.

I knew then that i would buy the game if only to experience this dancing rat. That was long before release.

It's too bad that this page of the website doesn't exist anymore :(
  10. Tarnorili Member

Oh, I'd forgotten all about that, thanks!

Not so much a memory, but one of the things that I continually enjoy in EQ2 is the design of the goblins; Their dialogue/voice-over, in and out of combat, I think hits the spot perfectly for the goblin race. Great humour. It is exceptionally well done.
  11. Jimbolini Member

/pizza

and

Fighting the Curt Schilling mob. (Limited time spawn..he had 2 baseball bats if I remember?)

I cannot seem to find the screenshot of him...anyone?

Edit: found one from the web

[IMG]
  12. krinni82 New Member

Some of my best memories would be finaly geting my class of paladin.
    caping out my armorer tradeskill level before my adventure level was even 21.
    seeing people die in the tradeskill instance to a stove while cooking.
    Geting 5 plat from armor sales when geting 1 plat ment you were rich.

My number 1 best would be when in order to play a froglok you had to do a quest to unlock them, I did the quest and made a pink froglok with black stripes and went right to bladefin the shark and feed him my froglok over 50 times, then to have a GM ask me if I needed help playing the game, told him no thanks I am just feeding the shark just to get another tell asking me to please stop as my corpses were making to much lag. After I feed bladefin some more I was disconected and my froglok was gone!
    great times.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. JMichael New Member

Didn't the original TS writs require you to make items at less than a pristine level? Also, if I remember correctly, making an item (armor, weapons) less than pristine allowed you to use it at a lower level.
  14. Alejo Member

Sadly all my screenshots were lost, but I remember the last day of beta for EQ2, everyone was given GM powers on the Isle of Refuge so it wasn't long before there were several different dragons running around the island. A few people looked like Darathar, maybe a few Nagafens. I know we all gathered up and people took screenshots before they took the beta servers offline. Great memories!!

Does anyone remember the dragon that used to be in Commonlands at launch? Not Ladon...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Afista like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, it's true! I've compared/contrasted now since 2006, and I can tell you this: if you just stand around, waiting for your power and health to come back, it'll crawl (slowly). If you sit down, it'll leap up in bounds. It might not be that you HAVE to sit down for it now, but it still works. :)

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And apparently get them using a fishing pole...which essentially means you snag the frog by the leg with a hook, then--oh, never mind (almost as awful as getting Shark Fins with a hook, line, and sinker, but how do you get Prawns and whatnot that way?)... :-/

Uwk
    who remembers starving/dying of thirst before level 10 in EQ1 (one reason, if not the main one, that I didn't continue with that game; too damn frustrating), so my first reaction for the longest time in EQ2 was to IMMEDIATELY start fishing/gathering... X-P
    Tarnorili likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, I loved it when they took out all the Runequest steps: just let us get on with it right away. ;->

I do like that they kept it for tradeskilling, though; my few li'l Silver toons here and there like being able to make stuff in the other tradeskill areas, if only really low level items. :)

Uwk
  18. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Like many of you, I have a lot of wonderful EQ2 memories. But, my favorite memories revolve around the wonderful people I’ve shared those experiences with.

I started EQ2 at launch with some close EQ guild mates. We eventually reformed a small guild and explored a lot of the new world here together. Many of them eventually returned home to the Norrath of a different time, but I’ll always be grateful that they convinced me to at least try EQ2 with them :)Thank you to Spankies, MD, Vain, Getumsum, Darkmoogle, Tanoline, Jeffie, Nizumen, Musy, Renlani & Veter you guys will always be in my heart! <3

Another fun memory was that I was eventually guilded with a Guardian named Abista. People were constantly sending us the wrong tells, so we sort of knew each other before we had even met. Once we were guilded together, I think a lot of people (even guild mates) thought we were the same person for the longest time since we were usually grouped as tank & healer.

Since then, I've met so many amazing people and continue to do so on a daily basis! So, thank you to EVERYONE for making this game experience truly wonderful :)
  19. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I began my EQ2 journey on Innothule, before the first server merges. I remember all sorts of mishaps the first few months (like broken shaman wards), but my most memorable misadventures were after Desert of Flames went live.

I was running along a dune looking down at Terrorantula and thinking, "I don't remember her being that big in EQ1." All of a sudden, a dust devil picked me up and tossed me on top of her. I lasted just long enough go to, "Oh, s-!" At that time, we had spirit shards that we had to retrieve, or we faced three days of death penalty, so here I am, standing in front of an epic spider that conned red to me and wondering just how I was going to get to my spirit shard beneath her. Thankfully, Terrorantula is rather blind. I managed to retrieve my spirit shard and go about my merry way... much more aware of those pesky dust devils than I had been before.

Later on, I moved my characters to Lucan D'Lere. I was climbing down the Eye of Anuk when I missed a step and fell almost from the very top of the Eye to the very bottom. Bam! Dead. At the exact split second that I landed, the zone crashed. Since then, the joke on the server whenever we crashed was, "Did Sapphirius fall again?"

After I'd moved from LDL to Antonia Bayle, I met a group of Teir'Dal running a high-class tavern. I was playing a mischievous little Fae named Bellflower and happened to come across a sleeping dark elf named Ambrosious. I immediately roleplayed that I was braiding tiny little braids in his long pale hair and then intricately weaving them into a ship on top of his head. Ambrosious came back from his AFK and went right along with the RP I'd initiated, being rather bemused by the intricate little ship on top of his head. I would have never predicted, six years later, that Ambrosious would become my real life husband.

Yep, I met my RL husband in EQ2. We married a year ago, began our own guild together, and have been quite happy.
  20. Arithi New Member

hmm.. I am kind of new to ever quest 2 but have been part of the ever quest community since 06 (luclin) my fondest memory was my RP sessions with friends that I met and my first flight I have just recently started raiding and it is hard to find groups aside from the new dungeons (love um) I have 1 95 dirge and a few higher level love the game don't love how expensive every thing is getting though
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.