We're holding you to this.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Runewind, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1 Guest

Wow, so would that make us a potential group 1 candidate for raids? We'll be all-stars in scout groups, thats for sure.
  2. ARCHIVED-Runewind Guest

I think it may be a bit too much too fast, personally. I have a feeling people will complain that we're now overpowered. Also has anyone checked to see how much the proc rate change has affected our DPS output?
  3. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

Runewind wrote:
    From the initial reports I'm hearing, the 'fix' is actually a nerf to live damage. Aeralik just posted this in the Testing thread:
    The whole idea from the start was to give rangers a proper mechanic for arrows and ranged weapons. From a dps perspective rangers were doing well beforehand so to up the current damage for the level 80 items wasn't going to work. Using those as a baseline, I kept their damage the same but now you have the arrow scaling problem fixed. This in turn had some effect on lower level items but a level 74 bow like the RSB shouldnt be outdamaging the fabled epic anyways. I know its not exactly what you wanted from the fix but the gain you would have had would have put you far beyond any class.
    I really, really hope this does not turn out to be the case.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nuladen Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Lodor Guest

Yes it is an over-all damage nerf.
    We are supposed to be on par with assassins more or less and yet we do 2-3k less than them on zonewides with all buffs being equal. And guess what class the dev plays?
  6. ARCHIVED-Sinful One Guest

i lost 600 damage on RSB switching from live to test :) and a further 100 lost when using my epic.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Nuladen Guest

Yeh, those numbers are just bleh :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Nevissa Guest

So exactly what do we have to do to please the dev into actually caring about Rangers? Is there some special way> Do we have to sacrifice a gnome first?
  10. ARCHIVED-NiteWolfe Guest

Nevissa wrote:
    Theres nothing that you can do he actively plays a assassin in a raid guild on live server.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

NiteWolfe wrote:
    And Aeralik has been outted for exploiting and turning a blind eye to others in his guild using known exploits.
    EQ2Flames under DDoS attack
    I don't agree with the methods used to obtain this information, but it is what it is.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

So, my question is... If I have already started my Epic Quest, but not yet finished it. Will I be able to do the Assassin epic when I betray?
  13. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

The changes to focus aim are awesome. This will most certianly put us in demand, once again, for raids.
    The faster re-use timers are also great. It will be nice to work an instance without having to go through 2 or 3 mobs before the timers come up again.
    The changes to the hawk are nice as well. I can definately see some great uses for it now that it doesnt break stealth.
    Happy to see that the arrow mechanics problem was fixed as promised and is now simple and understandable.
    However, despite all these great improvements, it looks like the base factor for our ability to inflict damage has been scaled back.
    Wasnt the purpose of our calls for an arrow fix supposed to raise our damage up to where it was relative to other classes prior to T7/T8?
    It appears the developers earlier comments about increasing the damage output of our CA's was related to the faster re-use timers. So the question is, will the fix to the arrows combined with faster timers increase our damage so that it is back to where it was relative to other classes prior to T7/T8. In other words, even though we may be losing damage in one area, are we gaining more damage from the combined effects of the imporvements?
    What is the net gain here?
    If anyone on the test server has parsed these changes, please post them. If there is no net improvement to our dps in T8, then unfortunately, I'm probably going to exile and go assasin. I'm not concerned about losing damage in a specific area, all I'm interested in is, at the end of the day, has our over all damage increased to where it is supposed to be relative to other classes (i.e. do the changes support one of the fundimental reasons we chose to roll a ranger and play it).
  14. ARCHIVED-Magius789 Guest

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
    I just spent two hours reading all of that stuff and that is amazing! I was starting to think our dev was a nice guy and then I find out our "fix" as it stands now is actually a nerf AND he used his position in the company to obtain a bug report and send that information to his guild leader and actually say he will "look the other way" while his guild uses this exploit to get their epics but they better do it fast because the dev in charge of it is actually fixing it in a timely manner. Man its like everytime I read these forums this game is just going down hill. When is Warhammer coming out again?
  15. ARCHIVED-Effidian Guest

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
    Oh, ffs... So we have a dev that doesn't respect the game in charge of balancing our class. Can someone at SOE tell us how we can *trust* Aeralik to be unbiased now, when he obviously has no issue cheating? The report has been confirmed by the guild leader. This is just bs...
    <sigh>