We're holding you to this.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Runewind, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

It may seem like they are making plenty on the buying side of the fence, but, if you deduct fuel, nodes and time put in, the woodworker is lucky to make a gold per stack of arrows. It just isn't worth it for a woodworker unless you are a guild mule and they are compensating you nicely.
    P.S. Anyone heard anything on the incoming fixes? I am hoping all the other 'whispering about the yard' is not going to be an excuse for another hold up on our issues.
  2. ARCHIVED-MokiChan Guest

Maybe it's different for PvP servers, but in T8 I generally make somewhere between 4 - 6 gold per stack of field points, which is nice if I need some quick cash. I can spend an hour and make a couple plats if I'm a bit short for whatever it is I want to buy. Granted, if arrows were removed completely I probably wouldn't care too much as I craft primarily to keep myself supplied, not to make money, but I did become a WW to save money and make my own arrows, so that would have me wishing I'd gone alchemist instead.

Also, speaking of making rangers cheaper, increasing the number of procs on a poison, or making poisons (esp MC ones) cheaper to produce would go a long way towards making rangers cheaper to play.
  3. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

MokiChan wrote:
    Poisons are not point of the discussion here, we talk about arrows, and also Brigs, Assas and Swashs also need to pay for poisons.
    I think the main point of gettin totally rid of arrows is also not the expense, but that it simply makes more sense to overcome the broken arrow mechanism, because the only reason that a bows damage depends on the arrow-level was "to make woodworkers happy" ..
  4. ARCHIVED-Krakelkrak Guest

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
    He is an assassin.

I'm not kidding.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

I stand corrected. Perhaps he recently betrayed and hasn't updated his signature yet. Anyway, we're off topic. My appologies for derailing.
  6. ARCHIVED-44Dragon Guest

Shalla@Valor wrote:
    Yep, poisons would't be a good adjustment to ranger cost issues. That would just make scouts a little cheaper in general, but unless you deal with arrow cost it won't change the ranger's cost in regards to everyone else. I have had some make the statement that I get free arrows I can use, so what I am paying for is better dps. I could always make the choice to use the summoned arrows rather than the better crafted arrows. Well, duh! I could always decide to only upgrade a few CAs to save money, but who the hell does that (hawk and repeating arrow excluded)?
    Side note: I tried to buy arrows last night after raiding, and there was only one option. 1 WW selling arrows, and they were bodkin for 10s each. Do I need to do the math for the cost on a stack of 100 that I can easily go through on a single named mob? If I hadn't stocked up before, I would have been plinking away with summoned or store purchased arrows.
    Shalla's right though. It isn't about reducing the cost. That could be a nice bonus for all classes that use ranged items to pull or damage at times. The main focus should be on finding the best solution to arrow mechanics. I haven't heard anything other than the initial statement about making arrows more tier based so that they are level 70 to use but function as level 80 arrows. Well that and the hint about adding some sort of utility linked possibly to focus aim or the hawk (or some combination). No new news.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lohkei Guest

If dmg was bow based and there were no arrows then there still would be a need for woodworkers to make a damage modifers for the bow. Somekinda totem that made the bow's do slashing crushing etc.. like the Di'zok archer stones increase ranged crit on the weapons. Just an idea. If other classes had to buy items to increase there DPS per cast and it was consumable, then maybe more people could relate.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lightomen Guest

Pogralien@Nektulos wrote:
    Please add me to you friends list and PM me if my WW runs out. I try to keep a full 168 stacks on broker and he usually has 150+ on him.
    Back on topic... I hope the devs research this more then the "fix" for the process change we got when KoS released. I could actually drop Primal Agility (Master 1) buff and still not pull agro after that fiasco. Took them 2 weeks to decide we needed a tweak in our DPS.. Still don't know what clued them in on that..
    For those of you who have never seen me post before, just search my post and you will see I have been here a while..
  9. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Likias wrote:
    I can see how it might appear that woodoworkers do ok on arrows. However, please take into account the t7 and t8 fuel costs, the amount of ore thats required (time, energy, and money there), etc, as well as the sheer number that have to be made at point in time, which takes up a lot of space in sales displays.
    Actually, if given a choice, its far more profitable to make totems. Like arrows, they are consumabe, however (1) they appeal to all classes, (2) you can vary your inventory, (3) just about all tiers of the product are consumed by higher level players, and (4) they can be sold at a reasonable profit.
  10. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

If I spend a half hour a day making arrows,I can make up to 10 plat a week.It's boring as all hell but very doable.Thats making the tier 7 arrows.They are going for 5-8 silver/arrow on my server.I could make the tier 8,but the tier 7 is going for more.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

blackdog1 wrote:
    uh, it was my understanding that there was no WW recipe for Tier 8 arrows which is what one of the problems was here. has that changed?
  12. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

The recipe is T8. The product is T7.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Gareorn wrote:
    OIC. So to be more effective I have to have my ranger's WW level higher then her adventure level?
  14. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    To be exact, you want to have your WW one tier higher then the bow you are using.
    But after the change to arrow levels in GU44 (hopefully), you should be ok to have WW and Ranger level about the same.
  15. ARCHIVED-44Dragon Guest

How you doing over there Aeralik?
    Are we to expect multiple changes (arrow levels, CA adjustments, and utility) in early April, or is this going to stretch out over a longer period of time?
  16. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

Aeralik posted over in the Combat Forum in response to a thread started by Ranja
    Aeralik wrote:
  17. ARCHIVED-44Dragon Guest

Thanks Jack. That seems to be all we are going to get until the test updates go live.
  18. ARCHIVED-Corwinus Guest

Did you guys see that ? its a preview of Game update 44 from Gnobrin
    Game Update 44 preview!
    The Shard of Hate has appeared, sending some of the inhabitants of Norrath into a blind fury! Fights are breaking out in some of the major cities due to the overspill of hate-energy, and you can choose to either help cleanse the hearts of those that are affected by assisting Priests of Love or you can choose to further deepen the hate by assisting the members of the group named "The Dead".
    Ranged weapons users rejoice! You can now choose to display your equipped bow instead of your melee weapons! Much like being able to see helms and other head-worn items, that will be easily chosen within your "Persona" menu, in the "Options" sub-menu. This works on mannequins, too!
    Not to be outdone by their Qeynosian counterparts, the Coalition of Tradesfolke in West Freeport is in the process of refurbishing their headquarters to provide more convenient facilities for crafters under the scrutinizing eye of Lord Lucan.
    There are two new armored Wargs now available in Kunark, one bred for battle and one trained to better handle under pressure for those that choose to wield magic! You'll soon be able to get these riding beasts through your actions and adventures in that wild terrain!
    Rangers, you've been heard! Upcoming in Game Update 44, ranged ammunition will be adjusted to have a minimum level that represents the start of that ammunition's tier! Ranged weapons will no longer scale down to a lower level unless the ammunition you've chosen to use is significantly lower than your presently equipped ranged weapon.
    Come back next week, and I might just have some images to tempt you with, too!

Cor/Oasos/Cotw
  19. ARCHIVED-Corwinus Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Guard_Rail Guest

Test update notes released.

COMBAT
    • Ranged ammo has been adjusted to have a minimum level that represents the start of the tier. Ranged weapons will then no longer scale down to that level unless the ammo is significantly lower than the weapon. For example, all ferrite ammo is now level 70 to use. Level 80 ranged weapons will use level 80 for calculations now instead of scaling down to level 70. Overall damage of current level 80 items will stay the same.
    • Normalized procs will now cap out at 5.33 second delay for calculations.
    • Combat text will now display if you double attack, flurry, ranged double attack, etc.
    • Melee hit rates should now be slightly better against orange con mobs.

Ranger
    -The hawk will no longer break stealth.
    -The Focus Aim line now has a group component which buffs the groups melee weapon skills and weapon accuracy.
    -Improved the damage on the offensive stance proc, melee based combat arts and faster reuse ranged attacks.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=412209