We're holding you to this.

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Runewind, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lohkei Guest

If its bow based then lvl 80 bow... lvl 80 arrows. I wasn't aware of other classes doing alot of dps with hammers, daggers and such. You can buy those off of NPC's and not be left up to the greed of PC's.
  2. ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1 Guest

Neiloch wrote:
    I must have misread that at the time. I'm in agreement. I don't think the arrow should be a determining factor in dps - our bows should be. Making a raid arrow would be ridiculous because no other class has to jump through hoops just to do the dps they're doing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

Arrows are in there to give different types of damage.
    If the mob is immune to slashing, use crushing or piercing.
    If they are immune to piercing, switch to crushing or slashing.

Does this mechanic still exist? are there mobs that are immune or resistant to specific types of damage?
    If yes, than having different types of arrows makes sense.
    If no, then arrows are not making a lot of sense anymore and is a mechanic with no real need.
    woodworkers already have a consumable that others might need, totems, so it isn't for the woodworkers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Guard_Rail Guest

Giland@Guk wrote:
    Not 100% sure, but I don't believe it does anymore. In fact, i think the last mob i recall that was resistant to different types of damages like that was the goo from DT.
  5. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

I was just using them as an example to expand that idea even further.I don't have a problem with keeping crafted arrows in the game myself.Just wish they would do more with them.
  6. ARCHIVED-44Dragon Guest

At one point arrows were broken up by damage types which did come in handy when facing certain mobs with immunities. Now they have different ranges for hit and damage bonuses.
    Yes more arrow options would be nice if we have to be stuck with them, but as it has been stated we seem to be the only class that has to pay that extra cost to keep up our dps.
  7. ARCHIVED-Valalor Guest

You know what?? Nothing will make you guys happy.. Them fixing the arrows isnt good enough, now they need to get rid of the.. after they do that.. then what? Everyone is going to want rangers to start casting spells... Oh, but after that, you guys are going to complain about something else... seriously.. thats all most of you guys do.. Dont you all have soemthing better to do like maybe. PLAY THE GAME!!
  8. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

Pogralien@Nektulos wrote:
    They still are broken up by damage types, as well as range/accuracy/damage-bonus. Broadhead are slashing, bodkin are piercing and field point are crushing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Nizaaf@Mistmoore wrote:
    I looked at your gear and it is obvious you play way below the level where these issues would be noticable or be a concern to you. Exactly who are you addressing when you state "you guys"? It looks like you are addressing everyone but yourself.
  10. ARCHIVED-44Dragon Guest

Ryilan@Runnyeye wrote:
    Thanks, reading my post again I noticed I wasn't very clear in that. I was trying to provide a simple line of progression for those that seem unaware of any changes to arrows.
  11. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

Nizaaf@Mistmoore wrote:
    Easily 90% of the concerns Rangers have lie in the interaction of the arrow and bow mechanics. The simplest solution is to eliminate the arrows, and our combat arts don't use arrows anyway. The elimination of an additonal cost to rangers who have to pay for arrows is simply an another compensating factor to remove them. Lastly, the majority of wood workers greatly dislike making them. They are expensive to make, one has to make a ton of them which takes a lot space sales displays, and the profits on arrows are almost non-existent.
    Most of us are not complaining, just trying to engage a discussion and offer suggestions that are simple and easy to impliment.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kitsune286 Guest

Corwinus wrote:
    Oh, just making lightheart on the thread. But seriously, they won't do that, it'd be like saying, "Well, wardens and furys are somewhat alike, lets combine them!".

Besides, would they become carpenter-workers, woodpenters, or what? Who would pick the resulting combined tradeskill name? =p

As for removing arrows completly, well, they'd have to remove ALL ammo from the game. Why? Well, most classes can use ranged stuff. Why should that Zerker have to pay for arrows if we don't? And what would we do with the ammo slot? Just leave it empty?
  13. ARCHIVED-ChodeNode1 Guest

Nizaaf@Mistmoore wrote:
    Ummm.... we do play the game. Thats how we notice things that are broken. Are we the worst off? No, coercers are the ones that need the most lovin right now. However, there is an inherent flaw with how our class in T8 works and we want it addressed. This will probably be fixed by the time you reach T8 with your ranger, so you will never really appreciate our frustration.
  14. ARCHIVED-xandez Guest

Nizaaf@Mistmoore wrote:
    excuse me?
    they HAVENT fixed them yet!
    (if they have, ill shoot myself on the leg... havent noticed :p)
    i just said screw the FIX, just plain and simple RM them = fix for good

Also, we DO play the game like the previous poster said, hence we are entitled to come here and post (whine) our opinions! :8

++Xan
  15. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

Nizaaf,what I don't understand is why you have nothing better to do but come to our boards and complain about something that dosn't concern you?I mean unless your a ranger,what are you doing reading a 9 page post about rangers any way?And if you are a ranger,don't you think it's a good idea to have a discussion of maybe how to improve our class?If your not interested in improving our class or your not even a ranger,if it bothers you so much don't read it.I mean whats the problem?
  16. ARCHIVED-Dirty Jack Rackham Guest

blackdog1 wrote:
    I think you missed this part of Nizaaf's signature.
    [IMG]
    You will note that he is most definently identified as a ranger according to his tag. He has every right to express his viewpoint on these forums. Neither you or I might agree with those viewpoints, but he is well within his rights.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Dirty Jack Rackham wrote:
    It's too bad those rights are not extended to everyone. He dropped a post in this thread calling everyone crie babies and telling us to "shut the hell up." The person who called him out on this had his post removed yesterday and I'm sure is serving some sort of suspension right now.
    The very next day after the post removal, he drops another trollish diatribe. He's not civil, but for some reason he gets a pass because it's "well within his rights."
    Pffft!
  18. ARCHIVED-Monstage Guest

Nizaaf@Mistmoore wrote:
    Well the problem is that the proposed arrow fixes have not yet been implemented and evaluated by any rangers to date. You could forgive us for being skeptical I am sure, based on the track record of the dev team in dealing with the many ranger issues. I am keeping my fingers crossed but am truly expacting the end result to be a little underwhelming as so little thought seems to have been given to the arrow situation so far.
    To be honest I can't see why you are having a go at us for simply offering suggestions on how to fix this problem that has been a thorn in the side since day one. Personally I would have ammo removed from the game completely and development time put into the quivers/ammo pouches themselves. Instead of giving stats to the ammo the quiver should define the damage/damage type and bonuses (Quiver - slashing damage +100 per hit). Essentially this would mean endlesss quivers but since this seems to work well in almost every other MMO I have played and considering that the EQ2 dev team have incorporated many systems used in other MMO's already then I can't see why this would be a problem.
    This would also mean you could have some great legendary/fabled quivers/ammo bags that could give some interesting features such as debuff quivers that do less damage but debuff to poison/heat for example. Just an idea, which has probably already been suggested somewhere.
    I am sick of making arrows.
    I am sick of carrying thousands of arrows.
    I am sick of hunting through stacks of arrows that look exactly the same even if they do different types of damage
    I am sick of arrows gimping high level bows.
    Please don't troll your own classes forums. We are all people who are playing and,through that experience have little brain waves every now and then that we wish to share with the development team and other rangers. If we can't do that then what is the point of having forums in the firts place? I wouldn't bother reading these boards if all the pots were "I like being a ranger! What do YOU like about being a ranger?" or "What is the coolest looking armour for a ranger?". Those post have a genuine reason for existing and so do ones like this. Ones that look at the deeper issues.
  19. ARCHIVED-44Dragon Guest

Kittsune@Unrest wrote:
    Understood Kittsune. I don't have much hope that the solution will be a complete win for everyone with a ranged attack. As for combining the Tradeskill classes, I can't really help you. They could add items to woodworkers to adjust for the lack of arrows without killing the class. They don't have to resort to woodpenters as you put it. Making a bag full of hammers that could be sold for a larger price than slaving away at 1,000s of arrows seems like a better trade off to me. They could all be based on the same tier system we have in place now.
    The other ranged items could be wrapped up into their respective holding containers (bag, quivers, and such). There is already a way for auto-attacks and CA to not use arrows, so would it be impossible to make it so that they just never used arrows, knives, hammers, and such?
    As we have stated before, these are all just thoughts to be tossed around. Maybe there is a dev out there reading this, and maybe it just gives some of us something to do in our downtime at the office.
    PS: /ignore and report Niz... I mean Trolls until they have something constructive to say
  20. ARCHIVED-Likias Guest

Pogralien@Nektulos wrote:
    I dont know about that. I think WWs make much coin offa arrows. Well offa me anyways, so I think they would be losing out big time...lol. As for the P.S. I havent figured out why people complain about other people "complaining". It doesnt make you sound any better. Unfortunately when people join a thread to be a nuisance you just gotta be the mature one and pretend like you didnt see his post in the first place. It's like when you put somebody on /ignore and you see gaps in the conversation. Just pretend he's the gap lol.