Welcome to Pay it Forward (next event Feb. 4, 2012)

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

SOE-MOD-02 wrote:
    She must be an awesome child! Today's my birthday, too. This event was the best present I could possibly give to myself
    Next event will be in the fall, probably around Halloween sometime ... we may run a mini one in the summer tho :) Stay tuned.
  2. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    That she is! Enough to tear me away from Eq2 :) Happy Birthday! It is sweet of you to invite everyone across many servers to your party :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Nari Guest

I don't really have any items to offer, but I am happy to come by and help see if anyone needs a templar who is too stupid not to go into the scary places with you where we will surely die.
    I guess I'm offering some blood and a little bit of healing.
  4. ARCHIVED-RippedMonk Guest

I was hoping to make out there but RL takes precedence. Aldaril will be online later tonight with bags and trinkets to give out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Thanks again, Fille, for organizing such a great event.
    We had an awesome turn-out, and from what I heard, everyone had a blast donating and helping out. And special thanks to the guides who showed up, I missed seeing them back before Freeport got merged over here. It made the event just that much more extra-special.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neenoh Guest

Amekoi wrote:
    It was a pleasure to be here and witness the awesomeness of the Freeport community!
  7. ARCHIVED-Wickedtar Guest

just wanted to say thanks for starting an awesome event. i was there and helped peachie a little bit on oasis server. will do more next time. but all in all it was awesome. waiting for the next one

Tankthatass
  8. ARCHIVED-RippedMonk Guest

Well I'm glad I got a chance to swing by. Gave away a ton of bags and provisoner baubles. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Wish I could have stayed longer got ot make one weapons for someone on my weaponsmith, our organizers got the rare harvestibles I harvested just for the event so others could craft with them. hope we do it again when I can stay longer.

Niece's birthday today. had to log to get ready.
  10. ARCHIVED-sorial Guest

Lot of fun, little overwhelming, definitely be there for the next one, if I can. :)

Now if anyone has suggestions on how to hand out a 40-slot bag full of various legendaries and not lose my mind while doing it...
  11. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Reporting in from Oasis.
    It was slow, but people DID come.
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Lazy Kat in the front there is hubby hehehe.
    I woulda been lost without him.
    Lots of people donated stuff for the event because RL issues got in the way.
    Several people wanted to know when the next event was. I told them I would keep them informed.
    Thank you Miss Fille.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

[IMG]

FANTASTIC FREEPORT PAYS IT FORWARD!
    More than 100 folks came out to donate items at the server's third Pay it Forward event.
    We organized into two full raids, and actually ran out of room for others who showed up later -- and everything you could possibly imagine was given away -- from plat to gear to totems to bags to rares to even housing. Even a good number of Station Cash cards were distributed to unsuspecting and delighted players.
    In a fit of joyful chaos, donators rushed to greet those who arrived at the Mara docks and showered them with trinkets and gifts. As the event grew, so did our numbers. We saw, in total, about 300 to 400 people show up to celebrate on the Mara docks.
    The hardest part was trying to target players who arrived and figure out which gift best suited them. We'll have to brainstorm on a more effective way of doing this for the next event.
    Guides Squeecha and Neenoh made an appearance (even Tallann came for a visit which was awesome!), much to everyone's delight, and witnessed the craziness (albeit fun crazy) of the event. They gave out wonderful goodies, not only to those who arrived, but to donators who showed up to help out, too.
    The best part of the event was the spirit of giving it inspired in everyone. The common thread of discourse was how great it was that folks were so kind (and I agree). Nobody was overly greedy (well ok a few were being naughty, but we all talked in raid chat and ferretted them out), and it prompted those who received items to go out and help out others server-wide -- which is the best part of the event -- how one simple act of kindness can inspire such a wave of goodwill.
    As it stands now, it's now three hours into the event and folks are still on Mara giving away items. It's amazing the generosity, and humbles me completely. Nobody had to craft or donate items for my crazy idea. But you all did. And you did so willingly and eagerly. And for that, you're all completely awesome.
    Remember, Pay it Forward is a celebration of the spirit of kindness and giving -- while we host these events a couple times a year, it's meant to encourage us to be this way year-round and make our servers the best ever. And y'know, I think we did just that today.
    Much love to you all.
    Fille
  14. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Anyone else take pix? I'd love to see more from every server :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Neenoh wrote:
    Was SO glad to have you guys all out for it! :)
    And thank you Miss Colby for all your help .. you really stepped up with organizing that second raid and helping with the SC codes :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Pashta Guest

Darn.. I missed it.. I have tons of materials to donate. That would've been fun.. Oh well, maybe next time!
  17. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    Show off LOL congrats!
  18. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

shots01 wrote:
    Did I mention how much I <3 you and hubby for organizing/hosting on Oasis? Did I? Huh? Well I do :)
  19. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

I am looking forward to the next one! I have a slew of crafters to help make items with :)
    Great work from all the players that helped out on all servers!