Welcome to Pay it Forward (next event Feb. 4, 2012)

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Promoting this on the EQII news site and Welcome Screen.
    If you get a chance to take some screenshots and send me a write-up of how it went, I'd love to post a recap next week! :)
  2. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Eek!! Recognition!!

Thank you Amnerys!
    Umm.. I think... I'm not very good with screen shots but I will do what I can.
  3. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

I've also added this to the in-game calendar on the participating servers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Amnerys wrote:
    Well aren't you fabulous? :) Thank you!
    I'll do a write up for Freeport, and will take some screenies, but perhaps others will take screenies too?
  5. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Thank you! If you want to write it up like a news article, I'll put your byline on it. Or if you just want to give me details, I can write it. Whatever you prefer.
    (I'm going to start trying to get more player-submitted articles going forward!) :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

7. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-hellzelves Guest

It is Sylestia lol :) Though my name is spelled different by everyone it seems! And yes the entire raid force of Eternal Shadows is participating as well as lots of other veteran players :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

hellzelves wrote:
    +1000! YAY!
  11. ARCHIVED-hellzelves Guest

Ok lol I see everyone else visits these forums and I have been remiss. Here are some of the plans we have on Guk.
    Saturday from 4 til I guess raid time around 7:45 (eastern)

~We have stocked up on bags and bank boxes as well as spells, adorning materials etc
    ~We have lots of crafters who have volunteered to be on hand for gratis crafting.
    ~We have snacks and refreshments of the pixelated variety for all comers
    ~We have a few who have offered stints of power leveling and help with heroic and epic quets from old tiers
    ~ Doing raffles and trivia for plats and high tier valuables like manas, masters, rare crafting components

So many people who cannot attend have sent us mails and boxes worth of donations. We have had a mostly good response to the idea :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

hellzelves wrote:
    That sounds absolutely amazing! Way to go!
    Be sure to take tons of screenshots and post them in this thread will ya? Oh, and have a blast, it really is a lot of fun. (and thank you so much for stepping up for the Guk server, you rock!)
  13. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

OH I am so glad I checked back with this thread. I'll have to show up and make myself available =). Very pleased it's going to be happening on my home server as well.
  14. ARCHIVED-LadiMiri Guest

I will participating as well as a few of our guildies! Thanks for creating this!! Awesome!
  15. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

hellzelves wrote:
    I already posted here, but for anyone who doesn't check (or isn't familiar with) that thread...I'll be on Guk for at least part of the event.
    - Tallann
  16. ARCHIVED-xenomorphia Guest

quoting main post.
    Let's plan to meet in Mara again in crafting/house area on Feb. 4, 2012 at 4 p.m. EST (this gives folks living in Oz a chance to participate, not too late for Euro types, and middle-of-the-road time for Left and Right coasters).
    WHO: Anyone who cares to help make the server a better place and has items they're willing to give away, crafted or not, with no strings attached (well except for maybe a good deed or two).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how exactly are you going to forward this "good will" we make for the servr, for us europeans, for whom you also have made this event.
    when you are tearing us away from the servers against our will, forcefully placing us on different european servers under another company ?
    how will that be transfered with us ?
  17. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

xenomorphia wrote:
    Who's tearing you apart from what now? This is a player-run event, and aside from SOE giving us a little love by posting information about it on its homepage, they have nothing to do with it.
    I assure you, I'm not tearing you away from anything. :) Well except for maybe some loot to donate to some worthy new players.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Tallann wrote:
    Oh that's GREAT news! :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Good news Crushbone! A few have stepped up and will attempt to host this event last-minute. Watch 1-9 for details! :)
  20. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

I would just like to note that this is a GREAT player run event! Darn you *raises fist in the air* for selecting my daughters 10th birthday to do this :(
    I will just have to keep an eye on the forums for the next time this event is planned and I shall be there to help out on my own server :)
    For those that are participating in the planning and fun of the day, enjoy it! You have all worked hard and you will leave a great impression with new players :)