Welcome to Pay it Forward (next event Feb. 4, 2012)

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-MissMata Guest

Everfrost will be doing a Pay It Forward event!

February 4th at 7 pm EST.
    Isle of Mara - Just off the docks near the tradeskill houses.
    Gems will be hosting from Death Over Time. A number of her guild mates will be on hand to assist as well. Please send Gems an in game email if you want to help co-ordinate efforts. Or, if you might be willing to run lower level toons through an HQ. That would be fantastic.

See you on Freeport! (and, Everfrost!)
    Mata-
  2. ARCHIVED-desus420 Guest

Count me in for sure! Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see you all there!
  3. ARCHIVED-Glimmsterviryan Guest

SPLITPAW server would like to host.
    Who: Ascended Heroes will make an appearance. If not the guild leader (Sylyana) then officers or members (among them Glimmsterviryan).
    We have crafers, tinkerers and capable players/toons aplenty, so this could be good.
    When: 1600 hrs, Central European Time+1 (Amsterdam, Berlin etc. zone). For UK zone this would be 1500 hrs.

P.S.: I can't actualize this beyond a 'tentative' since I have a RL appointment that I can't be sure I'll be back in time from. I hope that people will turn up on the Mara docks on Splitpaw anyway!
  4. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

This thread makes me happy every time I open it
    So this is absolutely awesome -- so far these servers are joining in on Pay it Forward day:
    Everfrost
    Splitpaw
    Guk
    Any other takers from other servers?
    And again, for those hosting on other servers, if you have any questions, drop me a line. It's pretty self-explanatory and I hope your event breeds the same goodwill it does on Freeport. Cheers!
    Fille/Jayne
  5. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Okay, I was thinking about what I wanted to offer for the event, and I think with my tradeskill being jewelry, I'm going to offer my services.
    I will be online, with mats and fuel galore. All handcrafted jewelry sets or pieces will be free, just ask for them; all mastercrafted will be free as long as you supply the rare. All I need for info is what main stat you want, or what class you need the jewelry for, and the level. You can ask me what rare is needed for your class, and I'll be more than happy to supply the information.
    So if anyone reading this knows people who will like jewelry, please pass on the word.
    I'll also see if I can't craft stacks galore of arrows on my woodworker, provided I stop slacking. :B
  6. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

LOL Miss Fille,
    Everything I told you I was gonna make, I can't now as people have already said they are going to make
    what I was. Well, I guess I can just grace you all with my presence LOL.
    I was gonna make the arrows and potions but that is already taken.
    I can offer all 9 PoP and Shawl updates.

*Peachie..
  7. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Oh hon, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with duplication of items -- in fact that will help prevent one person from running out of items too early -- which happened at the last event.
    Make whatever you'd like .. I'm sure some lucky recipient will be very happy with whatever you come up with.
  8. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

If Oasis server is going to be having an event I'd be happy to help.
    I won't be able to be online, but I could fill a house with furniture and set the options so anyone can go in and take anything they need.
    If the even pans out on Oasis I'll post the house location and name for the organises to publicise.
  9. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

And on Freeport, you never know who or what might show up at it..........
  10. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Squeecha wrote:
    Uh oh..............Maybe I bring Skilleren to protect everyone LOL..
  11. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Oh now I'm curious! :)
    Hope you bring plenty of cheese!
  12. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    I'll see what totems I can whip up on my woodworker. and can offer the services of healers tanks, scouts and mages of various levels if someone plans to help with HQs or even ER got healer, mage and scout at 90 let me know just ask if Alenna is on in any form that day and tell me what you need.

Hmm was planning on doing some harvesting for my 90 warlocks spells I'll spend soem time in TS and see if I can get enough rares to make some mastercrafted level 22 armour chain or plate for someone with my 90 armourer and cloth with my 30 something tailor to help newer folks out just starting. I"ll let my other guild Riders of the Storm know we beleive in random acts of kindness. let me know when and where to go on the 4th
  13. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    Send an in-game email to Sylsetia because he/she doesn't visit the forums often. I know she'd likely be very grateful for some help advertising in 1-9 and crafting channels. The concept is pretty basic .. but if folks have questions you can't answer, just direct them here. :)
    I think the event on Guk is planned for exact same time as Freeport: Feb. 4, at 4 pm (EST) on Mara docks.
    Very happy to have you on board! :) Hope your event brings the same goodwill and infectious spread of kindness we see on Freeport.
  14. ARCHIVED-Neenoh Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    Greetings. My name is Guide Neenoh. I'm a part of the guide team on your server. It seems my day is clear to attend and introduce myself to those who haven't met me yet. I'll be handing out goodies myself. Hope to see you a lot of you there!
  15. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Neenoh wrote:
    Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Any chance of convincing your fellow guides to show up on the other participating servers too? (Guk, Everfrost and Splitpaw -- although Splitpaw is hosting at a different time).
  16. ARCHIVED-Squeecha Guest

That would bes up to them there.. and nobody listens to us Ratongas.... but I'll pass the word.
  17. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Squeecha, if you're gonna be there, just want to warn you in advance that Colby will be stuck on your heels until you give him roquefort.
    ALL THE ROQUEFORT
  18. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

The bottom line of this event is that it truly renews your faith in people. It's remarkable to see all these folks coming out to give of themselves and their time, whether through crafting or cheerleading or adventure quest rescuing. It's just absolutely amazing to watch it all happen.
    I'll post some images after the event is over, but I wanted to thank you all in advance for being so selfless and for giving so freely of yourselves and your time. My hat is off to you all for helping to make this event grow and spread the seeds of kindness everywhere.
    And just a bit of history on the event: we started it last year with four people; the second event we saw more than 30 show up .. this upcoming event on Freeport I'm hoping we'll see more than 80, maybe more. It's really quite amazing to watch it grow and delights me to no end because at its core it is just good people doing kind things -- and that's pretty wonderful.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Ok just got word that two more servers have signed on! YAY!
    Oasis will be hosted by our dear Miss Peachie .. same time and place: 4pm EST on Mara docks this Saturday.
    Butcherblock will also have some folks out donating some items -- same place and same time.
    If we're lucky we may also have someone on Permafrost willing to host, but that's not definitive yet.
    Thanks to those who sent me tells this evening, was a pleasure talking with you all.
  20. ARCHIVED-shots01 Guest

Peachie here. My guild on Oasis is: Free Beer.

So far a few people have already donated stuff to me which I have in the guild bank for Saturday.
    If I want to contribute 40 slot bags, you all wont see me till then LOL my tailor, Flutterbug, is only 53 tailor
    Anyways I will be around on
    Flutterbug
    Killerbug
    Thebug
    Silentbug
    Popcorn
    Mistiebarb (can tinker i think), maybe, or Mistielock (she's my ww)
    So anyways /who all Free Beer and if you see someone there, its most likely me.