Welcome to Pay it Forward (next event Feb. 4, 2012)

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Greetings folks.
    I'm the organizer of the Pay it Forward event on the Freeport server.
    What is Pay it Forward, you ask? Well it's a day when adventurers and crafters come together to donate crafted goods, items rotting away in your bank, plat, rares, masters ... you name it ... to young adventurers, asking only that they perform some random good deed for a complete stranger in return.
    This event creates an incredible surge of goodwill on our server (which is already awesome as is!) and I thought I'd announce the next event for our server here (last time folks said they wanted more advanced notice). What I'm also hoping is that maybe others on other servers would like to step up and be the host/organizer on their server, and make this event a game-wide thing.
    Last time we had more than 30 people come out to donate items in the 3-hour event, held on the Isle of Mara. Everyone had a blast and walked away feeling like a million bucks -- both the givers and the receivers. The general comments were "Oh I wish I'd made more stuff" and "This was so much fun!"
    People gave away adornments, rares from all tiers 10-90, fabled items, incredibly wonderful crafted items from levels 10 to 90, furniture, master spells, armour, poisons, weapons, 40-slot bags, and some even went with players who arrived on Mara and bought them housing in the city. Others even offered to craft thurga gear and AA mirrors, free of charge. No item was considered "too small" .. anything anyone did was absolutely wonderful because it's the message behind the giving -- to pay it forward and make the server a better place.
    The only condition was that the person who received something had to do some good turn in kind. It was a very uplifting and fun couple of hours on Mara this past October (our second event). And it was remarkable to watch the goodwill spread as many who received items went out and ran dungeons for lower levels, or bailed someone out on a quest.
    You can give away anything you like -- from crafted goods to plat, masters, expert spells or even high-level gear rotting in your bank. 40-slot bags, totems: jaguar, escape, wolf, sabertooth, etc, along with non-rare crafted goods like armour, bows and weapons are all happily gobbled up by young adventurers. Tinkered fireworks were also a big hit last time
    Let's plan to meet in Mara again in crafting/house area on Feb. 4, 2012 at 4 p.m. EST (this gives folks living in Oz a chance to participate, not too late for Euro types, and middle-of-the-road time for Left and Right coasters).
    So here's the breakdown:
    WHAT: Pay it Forward 3
    WHO: Anyone who cares to help make the server a better place and has items they're willing to give away, crafted or not, with no strings attached (well except for maybe a good deed or two).
    WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 4, 2012 at 4 p.m. (EST)
    WHERE: Isle of Mara, next to the crafting houses just off the docks
    I'll make a few announcements in game too, but for those of your friends and guildies who don't use the forums, please feel free to pass this along.
    It might also be a nice time to recruit for your guild, too, by giving you a chance to talk to the folks who show up.
    For those of you interested in setting up a Pay it Forward event on another server that's not Freeport, please feel free to drop me a private message and I'll fill you in on more details. Or post in this thread about your server and location and time on Feb. 4.
    Thank you in advance for all your kindness.
    Fille (Jayne)
  2. ARCHIVED-Eliohia Guest

I will be there again! It was lots of fun last time, even if a bit chaotic lol
  3. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

lol aye! :)
    It was more like "exactly how many toons can we cram into that narrow pathway between the crafting houses and the waterfall?"
    But even the chaos was fun! :)
    Looking forward to seeing you out there again hon!
  4. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

Horay, pay it forward! I will totally be there again.
    I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking about helping the server lately; I have my fourth contest that will be going up today or tomorrow.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gedov Guest

I plan to be there once again for everyone's alchemical needs. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

Plenty of time. I'll do my best to be there,
  7. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

I'm wondering if any guilds would be willing to sponsor one heritage quest run that day? Donation of time is extremely valuable, but would be lovely if guilds would step up and offer this as a service this day -- maybe even run folks through their ER updates?
    Post below if you can volunteer some time -- maybe 2-3 hours max -- and what you'd be willing to do.
  8. ARCHIVED-RippedMonk Guest

My Tailor and Provisioner will put some stuff together. I've had fun doing these events in the past. Time to fire up the pack ponies.... ;)
  9. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I will gladly participate :) I am putting this on my calendar!!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I'll try and be there =)
    I already give away hundreds of 40 slot bags I buy off the broker to newbies everyday, so this should be no problem.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Awesome guys! Looking forward to seeing you all out there! And if you play on other servers, please pass on the word!
    Cheers!
    Fille
  12. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Greetings folks from other servers I dropped by on ... welcome to the thread. If you plan on hosting, please add your details in this thread. The tinyurl to link it in chat is http://tinyurl.com/8589jpu -- that will take folks to this page.
    Was wonderful chatting with a number of you this afternoon .. let's make this day rock!
  13. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Sylsetia from Eternal Shadows will host it on Guk. I believe the whole guild is participating.
    Good stuff! :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Ufoo Guest

YAY! I love feeding people! Maybe I will even make some booze too? (Shh don't tell your mom)
  15. ARCHIVED-Manveru Guest

I will be there! :) I currently have 88 40-slot containers in my bank for this event, and I may be crafting some more. And I may have 2 or 3 44-slot ones as well.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Wow! Nice! Thanks for the shout out on the home page -- hopefully this will reach more than just us Freeporters and spread to other servers. :) It really is a worthwhile event.
    Again, anyone interested in hosting on a server that's not Freeport, feel free to drop me a private message or post in this thread.
    Much love,
    Fille (Jayne)
  17. ARCHIVED-Gorraman Guest

Descendents of Mayhem will sponsor a heritage quest or two as well as provide some crafted items.

Daewalkr, Moureve and Chaotic will be there along with as many members that we can get logged on at that time.

We look forward to meeting up with you!
    See ya there.
    Gorraman
    Freeport Server - Descendents of Mayhem
  18. ARCHIVED-magibalthar Guest

The Looney Bin will be there to help out. We will be setting up a tent and are loading up on drinks, bags, potions, rares, and anything else our guildies can get together. We also have lots of crafters that may be willing to help out with those pesky Proof in the Pudding updates and Coldain Prayer Shaw updates. Hope to see you there!!!

Magi
  19. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Lovely! Lovely! Thank you for coming both of you! That's fabulous news! :)
    Gorraman, could you please give a few more details on what your guild will be offering? Like which Heritage Quest you're willing to run, what time it will start, and where folks should meet up? You might want to consider organizing it a couple of hours earlier, so you can come and enjoy the event on Mara -- like say 1pm EST for a start?
    Also note: Everfrosters! (Everfrost server) .. Mata has indicated that Death Over Time guild will host its own Pay it Forward event on Feb. 5th at 4 p.m. (EST) -- same place: Mara. Stay tuned to your 1-9 channel for more details from Mata and guild leader Gems.
    More news to follow about Freeport's Pay it Forward, but in another post.
  20. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

More great Pay it Forward news for those of you stuck on your Epic Repercussions updates.
    Ecodi will offer her services to help folks get through ER updates, but later in the day -- I'll let her update you here in thread on the times she will be available.
    Sudarku, another one of our brilliantly generous Pay-it-Forwarders, has also offered to run folks through any of the ER dungeons for updates. Will firm up details with him and what he's offering and post here soon.
    Final details on what, when and who to talk to on Feb. 4 for this wonderful addition to the Pay It Forward event to come. Stay tuned .. and get your toons updated on your epic weapons while you still have time.