Warlock Broken Again?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Cleaner, May 3, 2015.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah with all that free flurry and spell wdb from the new zones it's definitely worth investing a bit into your wand. I stopped playing sorcerer and went ranger instead and I'm very happy I did. Was so fed up getting frustrated becuz of those increments. Once there's a viable alternative prestige that do not involve building increments that you might loose due to many annoying factors that you do not control I will probably go back, but not before.
  2. Drax Member

I too have now more or less parked my warlock in favour of a newly levelled up assassin alt.

The frustration of endlessly having to build stupid increments is now just a fading memory and I have waved goodbye to the annoyance of my DPS output being so heavily dependant on things I cannot control.

As a confirmed mage at heart I do still play my warlock for fun but in normal mixed heroic groups the assassin represents a far more reliable DPS'er.

Koko - I salute you sir (or madam!) for the impressive numbers achieved in your parse. I have no idea how the other group members were geared (I am assuming they were pretty well decked out given the burst damage/short encounter duration) and what other classes you had on board but, irrespective of all that, you were going an excellent job.
  3. Entropy Well-Known Member

Look at a high end warlock parse, and see how much of it comes from spells you can upgrade or master: It's very little. Most of the dmg is coming from AA abilities. Warlocks scale mostly from gear, for better or worse.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

Once you get to a certain place in the game... there is nothing else to work for. Gear is all RNG luck, spells are up to you.