Visions of Vetrovia Guide for Beginners (or Returning Players)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's from the 2021 Summer Ethereals. All you have to do to earn Ethereal Trackers is to run weekly missions, including the Solo Weekly, which anyone who can get through the VoV sig line will be able to manage. (For those new to the Ethereals, you can also get the Ethereal Trackers doing weekly Heroic I and Heroic II missions, but for our purposes here, the solo weeklies are the most accessible). The trackers are account-wide, so if you have alts, put them to work on VoV solos as well, it speeds things up a bit.

The Ethereal Merchant is Kelaci Vol'Luissa, who you will find on a cliffside in Savage Weald (Reign of Shadows) at (16.07, 110.05, -719.27).

Do Overseer missions, including all the old Charged Missions possible, every single day to get training potions for not just mounts, but also mercs, familiars, and spell research. "Purchase" them for free from Administrator Agent Stanley Parnem in either Qeynos or Freeport (click link to get exact locs). You may use a maximum of 10 Charged Overseer Quests at a time, and 10 charges per.
    Twyla and Xillean like this.
  2. Agulo Member

Once the familiar is level 10 AND you have the familiar buff from the Ethereal Merchant in Savage Weld, it will give you fervor
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Torri Active Member

off the top of my head from work, the familiar buff grants an extra 5.25% fervor and fervor overcap if your summoned familiar is level 10. So it should work like 800 fervor x .0525 = 42 fervor added by the buff
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sister Ghouldinda's Bounty Quests are another way to boost your gear.
    • Ghoulinda's bounty quests will drop gear with a base Resolve of 330, with rare gear being 335 Resolve.
    • Upon completing one of Ghoulinda's "Cracking the Crypts" quests, an urn will spawn in one of four or five spots in the zone. Plundering this item gives you one of the following currency items:
      • Call of the Spirit
      • Call of the Wild
      • Call of the Interrogator
      • Call of the Exiled
      • Call of the Chaotic
      • Call of the Dead
      • Call of the Berserk
      • Call of the King
      • Call of the Hunter
    • The "Call of the <X>" currency items allow you to purchase bounty contracts from Sister Ghoulinda in Ghoulinda's Lair. These bounties allow you to spawn various bounty mobs.
      • Every mob has the potential to use stifle and stun, power drains, and they all have curses that must be cured within 6 seconds to avoid a group-wide detriment, typically, with a huge power drain.
      • Aakash the Berserk, Svarni Expanse, ( -189, 190, 282 ) (Berserk, Exiled)
      • Bone Eater, Mahngavi Waste ( 67, 105, 685 ) (Chaotic, Dead)
      • Kralika Heartpiercer, Svarni Expanse, ( -788, 124, 125 ) (Exiled, Hunter
      • Sendara Quel, Mahngavi Waste ( 661, 6, -574 ) (Chaotic, Interrorgator)
      • Shadeblight, Karuupa Jungle ( -651, 68, -301 ) (Spirit, Wild)
      • the Snapper King, Karuupa Jungle ( 621, 10, 568 ) (King, Wild)
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Abzu and the gorilla are not from the CE. They are from the doubly expensive PE. Are you still able to get your numbers up high enough without them?
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

The CE equivalents are
    Upgraded Mount: Artox, the Spectral Steed: resolve +258 @ level 20 with boost; potency +104,332.8%
    Familiar: Svarni Painted Stork: not sure what potency add this gives at level 10, but I think its the same as the Karuupa Whelp, which gives +26,327.3%

PE thus gives +6 resolve over CE (meh) but an extra 7231 potency (= about 3 extra barding slots).
  7. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

Came back yesterday.

Played VoV and completed both sig lines but haven’t played since.

What should I be doing now to catch up?

Thank you
  8. Husvik Member

This post is why i'm back, if i didn't post something like this here as of yet, i should mention it.

Like literally got my bearings and me into the game. TY OP!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Your upgraded gear will be in The Merchant's Den instances in Forlorn Gist. There is a ratonga standing by the gate between Little Town and the main part of FG who has some quests for you. I'd suggest trying The Merchant's Den [Solo]... if you struggle with it, you may need to get a friend to go with you.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thanks! Glad it helped.
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Husvik Member

It was the key to the game for me, it's so helpful, no words.

Thanks Again!
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  12. Demetrion New Member

This was AMAZINGLY helpful. Thank you so much Sigrdrifa et al
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Demetrion New Member

Follow-up question:
    I can find on google old calculators and information on "adorns by color/slot" ... is there a current equivalent? or like a "Mr Robot" type of capability for finding upgrades and such?
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Unfortunately, there is not. You can use the EQ2U Item Search to look for adorns by color and slot, but there's not a simple calculator.

At this point, even my main character is still wearing some old red adorns because in VoV they can't be crafted and the drop rate is poor. I'm rocking some prior-expansion 2H potency runes since they had a sliver more POT than current runes, and I was able to get the 3-shot recipe books. Many people are wearing just parts of 3-rune sets for the Potency, because Potency is king this expansion.

Your best advice is to get what adorns you can get, and upgrade them when possible.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Typhon Member

Just returned and used this post to get started again. Thank you very much. Incredibly useful.
    Sigrdrifa and Twyla like this.
  16. Prayos Well-Known Member

Sorry if I missed this answer (and I realize I'm asking this months after the initial post), but how do you run these charged ones repeatedly? I don't have some of them for purchase on the Overseer quest merchant. Has your list updated?

Also, none of the ones on the merchant seem to give Overseer experience? Is that correct?
  17. Jesaine Well-Known Member

This one is going to need a tiny bit of updating. There's now multiple tiers of some of the adornments at the Panda vendor. The Tol'Ren in particular now has 4 different versions.
  18. Chikkin Well-Known Member

will there be a guide for RoR? I find these really helpful, thank you for writing them Sigrdrifa
    Xillean likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, just as soon as I have a chance to figure out what rewards from where are best. Give me a day or two.

Sometimes Achievements give really good stuff. In Beta, it looked like Mastercrafted gear was your best bet, but sometimes the real release differs.
  20. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

As a returning player, this was incredibly helpful. I'm also amazed at how detailed and up to date the Wiki already is on the RoR signature questlines. It helped me a great deal.
    Cyliena likes this.